The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 20, 2014, 12:05:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Legend  (Read 10687 times)
IronBrig4
Civillian Police

IronBrig4
View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:21:48 am »

The alarm rang, waking Serge up from a deep sleep. It was five in the morning. The briefing was in one hour. He drew back his curtains and looked through the window with bleary eyes. It was raining again. A hard, chilly rain that seeped down your collar so you were cold and wet all day. It was both good and bad news for Serge. Good news because the rain always helped him fall asleep, and bad because his team was being deployed today. Of all the days why did it have to be now? Oh well, he told himself. It could be worse. He could be one of those Red Halo operatives patrolling the sea wall. The work was boring and there was no shelter there. One of his old comrades from the marines had told him that colds were starting to become common among the sea watch.

He started his morning calisthenics. As he did his exercises he let himself get lost in thought. His view from the pull-up bar let him see out the window. The trees had changed color a while ago and now most of the leaves had fallen off. Winter was almost upon them. He wasn't particularly looking forward to it. Winters at the Island were generally mild, but still too cold for his taste. He missed Marseilles' Mediterranean climate. Perhaps he might see his home again. He would need an ocean-going vessel and a crew for that, but it was still feasible. Maybe once he got to France he could look for clues leading to his family's whereabouts. Maybe they had fled to Corsica? Perhaps they had found refuge in the Paris catacombs? Those last, troubled phone calls he had made from Montreal had been so vague. No point in dwelling on that now, though. Now it was time to face the daily grind. He finished exercising and went to the shower. It didn't take long at all because most of the other teams were still sleeping off last night's hangovers. At least he could use as much hot water as he wanted. He dried off and suited up in his foraging gear. Then draped a poncho over his shoulders as he headed out the door.

He trudged through the rain to the briefing room. As he peeled off the poncho and hung it from a coat hook he noticed several people at the briefing officer's desk. He recognized the mustachioed bald guy and exchanged nods with him. The three other faces were familiar, but Serge had never spoken with them before. They were in deep conversation with one another and had their backs turned towards him. Serge put his notepad and pen down and turned towards the breakfast table. There was the usual pot of coffee and selection of pastries. What was unusual, though, were the trays filled with scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, and sausage. Non-infected NEVER got so much of this stuff for free. Either it was a token of appreciation for his team's last two successful missions or the brass wanted to feel less guilty about sending them off on a suicidal task. Whatever, food was food and he was going to enjoy it. Serge heaped his plate and waited for the team to show up.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:52:54 am »

Nils Jurgenson arrived shortly after Serge. He'd not bothered showering that morning- what was the point seeing as they were about to go into the field and get filthy anyway? Well, that and he'd woken up too late and hadn't had time. He was looking pretty rough. Last night's drinking had provided a lovely hangover, so he was blurry-eyed and grumpy. At least he was dry, though- his fireman's coat provided excellent protection against rain as well as heat and bites. He grinned when he saw the free food, though, and heaped his plate until it risked collapse. Then stuffed another sausage into his mouth. He went to an unoccupied part of the room and started stuffing his face.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:52:25 pm by Cheez » Logged

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Jackal
Civillian Police

I see what you did there...

en3rgymax
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:49:37 pm »

Due to the not-so-light drinking the night before, Olivia Kaspriszk had a headache and a queasy stomach. When Olivia woke up, she came to the conclusion that she wouldn't drink alcohol until the next mission after this. She showered slowly, trying to ignore her headache and sick stomach while doing so. After putting on her clothes, Olivia headed to the breakfast area for zombie hunters. Her cheap rain jacket leaked slightly through the heavy rain, but that helped to nullify Olivia's aches. Once she entered the room, she first saw Nils and Serge then beamed brightly once seeing worthwhile food. With her mouth savoring, she took a larger sized plate and put on extra helpings on the potatoes, meat, eggs and added a couple servings of the normal food. She took her plate to Serge's table and sat across from him.

"Good morning, Serge. I'm surprised the cooks decided to make all of us something special today, but I'm glad for it. Too bad that it's practically pouring, eh? Kind of feeling anxiety for going on a mission on this day."

HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE
mineplantingrunaway
Civillian Police

That's what she said.

jockeinthebox@live.se
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:37:12 pm »

The rain poured down and  Jocke slowly began too move in his bed.
He didn't feel like going up at all, last nigh he seen that dream for the fifth time this week.
But he knew that this might be his last chance to search for Sarah.
He got up and decided that a raincoat would be needed.
 15 minutes till the meeting starts.
:I'll take a shower.

When he left the shower he took a quick look at the information he had pressed out of a  Red-Halo officer.

Name:Nils Jurgenson
Sex:Male
Norwegian
specialskills: Mechanics , Boat maneuvering.

Name:Olivia Kaspriszk
Sex:Female
Canadian
Speciaskills:Medical education , Hand to hand combat

Name: Serge Raynal
Sex: Male
French
Specialskills:Survival , repairs , Boat skills.

He Dressed up and prepared to head out when  he took a photography out of his drawer.He gently kissed the photo before putting it back.

In the hallway he noticed that all of the women was watching him. Not a strange occurrence, it didn't really affect him.
It was always like that, his hair was strange , everyone thought that.Or at least that's what he thought.
Or it might also have been the fact that he walks almost soundlessly , Anyway he had to get a raincoat.
He went back into his issued room, searched  through his drawer's until he found it, an olivedrab colored raincoat with matching pants.

he dressed up in the coat and looked at the clock.
:six minutes till the meeting starts, Better run.

He didn't know what kind of people he would meet in there.  He hoped there would be at least someone to get friendly with.
This would be his first real mission out there. The first time he went out into the wild was when he snuck out.  To search for Sarah.
That time he was gone for 24 day's until he showed up again.

He had been grounded now for, 4 weeks for that order breach.

He showed up 3 minutes before the meeting would start, As he entered he could smell the sweet smell of food .
A quick glance inside revealed a few rugged persons talking to eachother.
The thing highest up on his priorities list was food, He hadn't eaten since yesterday

He quickly filled his plate and went into a corner with view outside.
when he looked outside he also checked the people in the reflection.
After he finished his plate he Sat down on a chair and waited for the meeting to start.

Bored of waiting he took up a pen and started spinning it.

He checked out the rest of the squad subtly , at least two of them had been drinking recently and the only one who seemed sober apart from himself was Serge.

When over 15 minutes had passed the pen spinning had stopped and Jocke was getting more and more restless.

As a time waster he looked through his stuff, The ghillie was there with most of his belongings,the only things absent was his weaponry.
The privilege of having weapons inside the base were removed when he breached the rules.
he looked through his stuff and found an extra towel, He decided he didn't need it so he handed it to Olivia ,seeing as her raincoat was leaking and her clothes were wet.

Then he felt there were nothing more to do and fell asleep over the table.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:13:24 pm by mineplantingrunaway » Logged

Common sense? , worthless things like those i have not had for as long as i can remember.
JJEmpire
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 04:44:53 pm »

Waking up nice and early to the sound of rain pounding his window, Trent Horatio, knowing that it would be likely for him and the rest of his companions to be going on another mission today, decided to spend the extra time he seems to have found by cleaning his weapons and making sure they work. He didn't even bother to take a shower just so he'll look all nice and clean; he'll be tired and dirty after this mission, anyway. After ensuring that all the ammo packs on his person were filled with the maximum amount of bullets, and that his combat knife was nice and sharp, Trent went off in the general direction of the briefing room.

His hand resting on his holstered pistol, Trent Horatio strolled into the room with the same caution as he would if he was walking into a zombie-infested building instead. It was a habit of his to treat every area, every building, as if it's a bomb that just might go off under his ass at any time. Some people may see such a habit as pointless (and perhaps mental) in friendly territory, but hey, habits like this one keeps you alive. Plus, a sniper isn't that great in close combat, so a habit like that was a life-saver.

Trent saw Serge and the others sitting at the tables, but what drew his attention first was that Nils stank. He must have gotten the same idea as me, Trent thought.

He then saw that his squad-mates were eating--Holy crap, real food, Trent thought. How long has it been? He recalled that time when just before his first mission with the squad, Serge took them all out to some restaurant, so the veteran members could get to know the new guys better. He quickly took a plate, piled all the food he could on the plate, and sat down at a unoccupied table to busy himself with eating the food.

Imagination tends to be the abyss in which one's mind can get happily lost...so beware!
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 04:53:25 pm »

He checked out the rest of the squad subtly , at least two of them was drunk.

((Not drunk, just hung over.))

mineplantingrunaway
Civillian Police

That's what she said.

jockeinthebox@live.se
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 04:56:43 pm »

((Not drunk, just hung over.))

Jocke took a sleepy glance over the room and connected with Nils's accusing eyes.
With signlanguage jocke told Nils , Sorry.

Creepy Norwegian guy, he reads my mind.

Common sense? , worthless things like those i have not had for as long as i can remember.
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:08 am »

((Um, double brackets means out of character, dude. That's some creepy metagaming you're doing there.))

mineplantingrunaway
Civillian Police

That's what she said.

jockeinthebox@live.se
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 08:57:52 am »

(( He's very paranoid))

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 09:03:02 am »

((Very, seeing as Nils isn't even looking at him.))

Nils continued munching his breakfast, unaware of Jocke's silent message.

Jackal
Civillian Police

I see what you did there...

en3rgymax
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 09:22:40 pm »

As Olivia waited for a response from Serge, a dry towel appeared on the corner of Olivia's vision. Olivia turned to look at who was handing her a towel and saw the newer member, Jocke, on the other end. Since Olivia could still feel the water soaking through her jacket, she took it.

"Thanks, Jocke. That's kind of you, but it wasn't that necessary."

With the towel, Olivia used friction to dry her wet clothes.

HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE
IronBrig4
Civillian Police

IronBrig4
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 05:34:19 am »

"Bonjour," answered Serge. "But this rain isn't so bad. There's nothing like a storm to wake you up. In the meantime we can enjoy this petit dejeuner, non?"

The meal continued for several minutes before the usual briefing officer strode up to the projector and cleared his throat. "Good morning. I know it's early but we haven't got any time to lose. As you are all well aware, winter will be setting in shortly. The winters here are usually mild but they can still make things very difficult. Every available salvage team is being sent to the mainland for supplies. You would normally be sent there as well, but we found a mission that might require your specialized skills."

He pressed a button on the projector remote and brought up a picture of a cargo ship. It must have been pulled from an archive because that vessel was in impossibly good condition. "Two days ago we received a distress signal from the Lew Wallace, a Panamax container ship like the one you see here. Don't ask how it managed to survive all these years without sinking because we don't know. Apparently the engines have either been shut down or broken and it's drifting into our air cover. We can't pass up an opportunity like this. Our meteorologists predict that we'll have a one-day window to reach the ship before another storm shuts us down."

One of the other men at the projector pressed another button. At first Serge just heard static, and then a faint tapping. It sounded like somebody banging a baton on a metal surface. He noticed that a pattern developed, with three rapid taps followed by three more widely spaced taps, and then three more taps in rapid succession. It repeated itself again and he realized it was a looping sound track.

"That's an SOS signal in the old Morse code. It was probably made years ago along with the automated distress signal. Regardless, there's probably nobody left on board. And since the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea is most likely null and void, we can probably bring in a rich haul from that ship."

The briefing officer interjected. "Yes, there's probably a lot of pre-war manufactured goods from China or Japan on board. So here's your mission. You will leave in exactly one hour. The helicopter will drop you off on the ship and return to shuttle some more salvage teams to the mainland. You will probably have to rappel down because we have no idea what condition the deck's in. Search the bridge and find the cargo manifest. If you can, try to get the engines started; there might be some fuel left. Radio us and we'll decide what to do from there. You should be picked up by late afternoon."

He cleared his throat. "Ah yes, and about possible zombies... remember that container ships have small crews. Even if all of them got infected you won't be dealing with more than fifty zeds. That shouldn't be any problem for a team like you. Anyways, I know it's short notice, but this is such a rare find. You were chosen not only because some of you are ex-military, have experience at sea, or know your way around a machine shop. It's because you have managed to stay alive through two tough missions and came out on top. So get packed and meet up on the helipad within an hour. Dismissed."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:48:32 am by IronBrig4 » Logged
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 06:54:29 am »

Nils grumbled <"Yeah, fifty zeds. Unless, of course, a fuckload of refugees got on board..."> in Norwegian.

He stood and went over to Serge. "How much you bet there's more zeds?"

mineplantingrunaway
Civillian Police

That's what she said.

jockeinthebox@live.se
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 12:59:04 pm »

Jocke put his hand in the air.
" I have traveled in a ship of the same class as that one when i was pillaging in Africa. If there would be more undead on board there is a big chance they are within the eating area in the rear...If we drop down one man he can easily sneak in and check it."

Jocke took a deep breath.
"I volunteer on two conditions. Give me two hours aboard before you board , and keep away from the captains cabin..
Come on ,you have nothing to lose. I don't know you and you don't know me if i should get killed you shouldn't have any hard feelings."

JJEmpire
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 09:09:36 pm »

Trent has been intently listening to the briefing, mentally writing it all down in his head. Fifty zombies didn't sound so hard to fight, though intel has been wrong before, and this sounds too easy to be easy.

He heard Nils mumble something he didn't understand, and heard Nils spoke to Serge asking him about the possible count of zombies. Trent was about to ask Serge too, but saw that a new recruit, oh right, his name was Jocke, practically volunteered himself to be the first to possibly die. No one here knew if intel really was right about there being only fifty zeds on the ship; for all they know, there could be hundreds.

"Question," Trent said to Jocke. "Why stay away from the captain's quarters?"

Imagination tends to be the abyss in which one's mind can get happily lost...so beware!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: