The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 09:22:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2  (Read 12622 times)
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: October 22, 2009, 05:02:21 pm »

Well, I figured this topic would pop up sooner or later.

What do you guys think?

Also, trailer: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/700157/Left-4-Dead-2-Leaked-Cinematic-Trailer-Is-Uber-Violent-And-Completely-Awesome.html

It's aged gated, so that basically means nothing.

I personally can't wait for this game, I loved the first one.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:05:13 pm »

I'm still not convinced, aside from melee weapons, and a couple new enemies, there isn't much new. The guns probably all behave the same way as they did in the first one, just with a new skin over them.
If I have a good computer, and it's on discount on steam or something, then yeah, I might get it.
I will only get it on console if they have download content.
The first left 4 dead was fun and all, but it was barely out for long before they announced 2.
So yeah, I don't know.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Jackal
Civillian Police

I see what you did there...

en3rgymax
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:22:05 pm »

Same as Yut. I also agree with all the flaming L4D fans that say Valve should just add more DLC for the current game. The game will basically be more of the same stuff, just different places, characters and enemies. Maybe different plot points or there actually is a story (OMGnowai!), but I guess we have to wait. So far, it seems like the same stuff in the last game.

HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 07:25:28 pm »

They could have easily made Left 4 Dead 2 DLC or something. I mean, look at the Shivering Isles for oblivion, that game content could easily make for a whole other game if it were on its own.
All they did for L4D was that new, and lame game mode where you survive as long as you can against continuous waves of the undead, and crash course.

Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:05:30 pm »

I reserve judgment on any part of this game until I play the demo. I am not a person to make assumptions about thing before I have even tried them.

And honestly the L4D boycotters are whiny babies. Valve is a company who is famous for not getting things done quickly.(see TF2) When they are able to provide 2 games in 2 years people start complaining?  Does not compute.

Lambeth... You win.... The glory of all that is awesome.
The your mom joke is forgiven, Lambeth. That cake is glorious
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 01:53:56 am »

That cinematic trailer made my pants fill with urine. A lot of fucking urine.

"I have not...come this far...to die now." *Vrrm vrrm vrrrRRMMMMMMMMMM~*

Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:21:19 am »

I want to play as coach.(the black man)

Lambeth... You win.... The glory of all that is awesome.
The your mom joke is forgiven, Lambeth. That cake is glorious
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 03:29:00 am »

As do I, Lambeth, as do I. Then I can ride chocolate helicopters.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 04:49:51 am »

I reserve judgment on any part of this game until I play the demo. I am not a person to make assumptions about thing before I have even tried them.

And honestly the L4D boycotters are whiny babies. Valve is a company who is famous for not getting things done quickly.(see TF2) When they are able to provide 2 games in 2 years people start complaining?  Does not compute.
I don't have a problem with them making games quickly, I have a problem with them announcing a game so shortly after they released the first one. With TF2, they released that game awhile ago, and they keep on supporting it with Content, and new stuff. With Left 4 Dead, they just released the first game, announced a second shortly after the originals release, they could have just kept adding content for the first game for awhile, and then eventually decide to make a new game.
I mean, like I said, with TF2, they keep adding content, and about 3 years later tons of people are still playing it, I'm sure if they just added Content to Left 4 Dead, lots of people would still be playing it a couple years from now with no need for a second until the players want one. Left 4 Dead 2 so far doesn't look like much of an improvement over the first, and if they had decide to stick with the first game, and added content to it, left 4 dead 2 could have probably been some of that content.

And I will try the demo for the game once it's available, I'm not saying the game looks bad, I'm just saying it doesn't look like an improvement over the first. But when I play the demo and it's a lot more then what is currently known about the game, then I will get it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:51:33 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 06:06:26 am »

The thing is...they switched around the game engine, they added a full game's worth of levels, they changed the characters (and everything that goes along with them), they added enemies, they added a whole new story (this game actually has one, apparently)...All of that, or even part of it, would be one giant patch that would destroy everyone's computers and make the servers crash, causing a wormhole in the space-time continuum and thus putting Valve out of business. XD

But seriously, not a small patch, that stuff. Especially the game engine. They saw something wrong and so they fixed it. Not an easy thing to toss into a patch, unless it was small stuff. I'm actually kinda proud of them for working hard on a new game and putting it out quickly. And it's not some sort of way for them to get more money, cause they could do that via several more expansions--even though those expansions would have much less going for them than L4D2, since L4D2 has everything plus.

Team Fortress is different...It's so multiplayer oriented that people could play for ages without needing a new game--they'd just get patches and new levels and items here and there. Not the case at all with L4D.

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 08:02:00 am »

Team Fortress is different...It's so multiplayer oriented that people could play for ages without needing a new game--they'd just get patches and new levels and items here and there. Not the case at all with L4D.
Uhh, no, L4D's single player mode just sticks you with bots, it's supposed to be played with friends/internets. I agree with what you said about how it couldn't have been a patch, it would've been easier to make it a new game than it would've to make a patch. The way I see it, L4D was just a tester, to see if it'd be any good. Now they know L4D's gonna sell and they've got the basic stuff all done, so they're tuning things up from "bitchin'" to "kickin' rad".

You know what would be better for them to work on though? HL2:EP3
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 04:35:05 pm »

Yeah, you fight bots with friends and such, but there's still the feeling of "campaign mode" rather than "multiplayer mode", if I'm making sense.

I agree mostly about HL:E3, but my lack of sexy computer has prevented me from actually beating any of the games. XD Though, once I get this computer up and running, I plan on going back to the original one and working my way up.

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 04:38:24 pm »

Get the source engine port if you can, better NPC pathfinding and it fixes some bad hit boxes with some enemies.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 07:40:58 pm »

I guess that's true, but I still think the new one still doesn't look like much of a change over the first one, just the same game with a new coat of paint, as a way to put it. Though the addition of an actual story is cool, I must admit. But assaid, I will play the demo, and if I like it, I will play it.

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 02:22:20 am »

Get the source engine port if you can, better NPC pathfinding and it fixes some bad hit boxes with some enemies.

Oh yes, I plan to. Cheesy

I guess that's true, but I still think the new one still doesn't look like much of a change over the first one, just the same game with a new coat of paint, as a way to put it. Though the addition of an actual story is cool, I must admit. But assaid, I will play the demo, and if I like it, I will play it.

The people who already played the game love it to death, including the hardcore gamers. So that must mean something, I hope.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: