The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 28, 2014, 09:44:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 592704 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6750 on: October 21, 2012, 01:05:53 am »

I know, right? How awesome would that be? :0

RE4 improved the gameplay mechanics greatly, and RE6 improved on those mechanics even more, like shoulder swapping, better melee system (The baddies in RE4 and 5 attack faster than you can actually draw, your knife, which is the best thing to use to conserve ammo), moving and shooting... It'd be great to see all of that in RE1, 2, and 3, but to compensate for it being easier they could add more enemies, or more dynamic enemies... It'd be great.

EDIT: Played a bit of Co Op on RE6. It's lots of fun. I think the crossover moments are really fun too. Like you and your friend are playing through your campaign, and then you meet up with other players playing a different campaign and get into some 4 player combat.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:22:14 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6751 on: October 21, 2012, 04:36:13 am »

I liked RE4 a lot but think best in series goes to either Veronica or RE2.  I also loved the hell out the first online co op they did, Outbreak.  I think I wept when the servers were taken down.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6752 on: October 21, 2012, 01:00:01 pm »

Huh, wasn't even aware that they did any sort of multiplayer for RE prior to 5. That's pretty cool. I suppose at some point I shall have to get RE2 and 3 off the playstation network.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6753 on: October 21, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Yeah, Outbreak was kind of an interesting concept. It was a typical resident evil game in most ways, but everyone played a different character. Kind of like if resident evil 1 let you control all of the members of S.T.A.R.S. Except you played Average joes, and if you got infected, you turned into a zombie. The downside was that each different character had different little perks, like special abilities or items, and if that person died, well...

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6754 on: October 21, 2012, 03:44:32 pm »

Was there no way to like... respawn or cure the infection or something?

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6755 on: October 21, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »

There was only one campaign that let you cure the infection and it was towards the end.  There was no respawn.  Some people hated the infection mechanic (everyone actually started each mission infected) but it kept you moving which helped the pace and added tension.  It had good teamwork elements, like the more people who braced a door the longer you could keep zombies out of a room, so a common tactic was using two or three playes to block the door and one or two search the room.  Reloading weapons was painfully slow (one bullet at a time) unless you actually found a magazine which was a nice realism touch.  Sometimes the less combat centric characters would be given loading duties and hand out fresh mags to others.  And having someone die wasn't the end of world (unless of course everyone died), there were no campaigns that required specific characters alive to complete though some were much easier if you had them around.  And if you died you had the opportunity to be a zombie and attack the other players.  Personally I never wrecked the other players unless I felt they had earned it through either horrible/stupid playing or being PvP douchenozzles.  Like the dude who killed me just to get my med spray?  I ate his fucking face off when he had to backtrack past me later.  The key to playing well as a zombie was ambushing and taking advantage of the old school RE fixed camera style.  It was a really fun game and still has one of my all time favorite co-op memories.  Playing the final campaign (that was supposedly impossible to solo before succumbing to the infection due to length) our group of four split up and the dude I had teamed up with and I got back to the meet up point the other time was a no show, a little bit of recon uncovered their dead bodies and so we shrugged and powered our way through to the second objective and ended up beating the campaign by the skin of our teeth.  The fact that both of us survived what were supposedly impossible odds was awesome.  The game can be played offline with bots and it's not bad but the bots aren't as good as advanced teamwork (obviously) though there was a pretty good hotkey system you could use to give them orders and trade items.  And unlike some human they rarely argued when you wanted to take their last healing item.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6756 on: October 21, 2012, 08:30:52 pm »

wait if you had to find magazines for a gun then how were you able to use any semiautomatic weapon? Or was everything all manual action guns?
That sounds like it would have been an interesting game though.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6757 on: October 21, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

Semi autos were loaded one round at a time unless you had a loaded extra mag for it.  They did at least suspend reality enough for you to shove bullets in without dropping the mag.  And each gun came with one mag (in the gun).  Mashing the reload button during slow points usually wasn't that horrible, the only time fast reloads really were an issue was if you were dealing with a full on horde or a boss.  Each campaign had at least one boss type character to deal with, some of the bigger ones also had mini bosses and one (the hospital) had a persistent adversary type boss.  The hospital was one of those levels that no one liked.  You were constantly stalked and harassed by this invincible leech monster (a guy covered with leeches).  It WAS possible to kill it.  Once.  But then if a player died the leeches would take over their body and you were back to square one, but this time it wouldn't fall for the same trick that killed it before.  That level was a pain in the arse.  

EDIT:  If you're interested there is some decent detail in the RE Wiki about it.  http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil_Outbreak
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:56:06 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6758 on: October 21, 2012, 08:58:41 pm »

I never really played much of it (as I would imagine is obvious by my description), but you make it sound like it was actually pretty awesome.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6759 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »

I thought it was awesome  laugh I spent a ridiculous amount of time playing it, I even have almost all of the alternate skins unlocked Tongue  Some of the alt costumes were lame, some were great.  My fave was the umbrella commando for Kevin (the rent a cop guy with the scruffy five o'clock shadow) he not only started with his signature .45 auto and a box of ammo for it, he also started with a med spray and had one of the slowest infection meters in the game.  I actually own the second Outbreak but never played it, I got it as a gift after the servers had already been taken down.  One of the things I liked about Outbreak was how they beefed up the run of the milll zombies to be more of a threat, I heard in file 2 they were even tougher.  But to offset the tougher gameplay they start you off with more goodies.  The handyman character (David I think) was another reason the game was awesome.  He could pick up random shit and duct tape it together to make weapons.  (Yes this was well before Dead Rising 2).  Having him in a group was nice but I don't think the AI controlled David was smart enough to craft for you even if you gave him what he needed.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6760 on: October 22, 2012, 12:28:39 am »

Pocket RPG, got the Pimped Out score thingy for spending 10 grand. That Fireball book with exploding corpses and additional crits necklace made a good combo.

Ninja'd: 863
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6761 on: October 22, 2012, 01:06:33 am »

Infamous and Lollipop Chainsaw! Both are awesome so far!

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6762 on: October 22, 2012, 02:18:07 am »

May cancel my pre order on Black Ops II, I mean, I want it, but I just don't have the money to pay it off, but EB does have this super awesome deal though, trade in 1 game towards MoH Warfighter and get $50 towards it, so I'd take the money off of cancelling BlOpsII and putting it on MoH, much easier to pay off.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6763 on: October 22, 2012, 04:29:45 am »

Infamous and Lollipop Chainsaw! Both are awesome so far!
Infamous was really good.  Lollipop Chainsaw is one of those I see but keep assuming it will be stupid.  Let me know if it stays awesome.

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6764 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:59 pm »

Xcom. This is kicking my ass pretty badly :s

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: