The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 01, 2014, 08:11:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 561   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 541166 times)
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7155 on: February 12, 2013, 07:27:12 am »

I guess I'm not sure.  Is Log talking about Laurec or the depressed knight by the bonfire?

I haven't been cursed yet but I do have a couple curse clearing stones (can't remember what they're called off the top of my head) in my inventory.  I pretty much figured that shit they were spraying was bad news.  I do find it kind of odd there's a merchant dude just chilling in the depths.  Location location location, you won't get crap for clientle sitting your ass in a sewer.  The poison effect from the rats suck, but I do I like how even low level enemies need to be taken seriously.  I tried to run into a group just swinging my sword to dispatch them quickly and ended up getting juggled by the little bastards.  They are a decent source of humanity though.  Using the master key I unlocked a bonfire right down the hall from a bunch of rats (just past the giant rats cage, that prick...)  As long as I have at least one humanity active to boost my item find rate I'm getting another humanity every second or third rat killing spree. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7156 on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:35 am »

His gear is meh, and when he puts out the fire he kills a vital NPC. Well, maybe not vital, but close.

At least, that's what I think.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:13 pm »

Just finished Aliens: Colonial Marines.

To be honest its not as bad as people are making it out to be, few hiccups here and there but honestly its a 7 worthy of a rental.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7158 on: February 12, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

His gear is meh, and when he puts out the fire he kills a vital NPC. Well, maybe not vital, but close.
Yeah like I said, it's more worth it if you let him kill her. You can invade his world, kill him, get more loot than you would by killing him in firelink, AND save the lady he killed.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7159 on: February 12, 2013, 03:28:07 pm »

Yeah like I said, it's more worth it if you let him kill her. You can invade his world, kill him, get more loot than you would by killing him in firelink, AND save the lady he killed.
Finally broke down and read the wiki article on Lautrec to figure out what you were talking about.  While I was there I read the article on Griggs, the stupid sorceror fuck who killed himself by diving repeatedly onto my sword like a dumbass because I accidentally kicked him.  Fuck me he had some awesome shit I'll never see now.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:19 pm »

Fire Emblem Awakening some more.

Gonna marry Lucina to my main soon, and then my daughter will know Aether.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7161 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »

Finally broke down and read the wiki article on Lautrec to figure out what you were talking about.  While I was there I read the article on Griggs, the stupid sorceror fuck who killed himself by diving repeatedly onto my sword like a dumbass because I accidentally kicked him.  Fuck me he had some awesome shit I'll never see now.

He sold light, if I remember correctly, and that spell is pretty necessary for the tomb of giants. There's an item you can use instead, thankfully, but you need to hold it or wear it on your head or some other stupid shit.

@Yut: I didn't know you could actually save her! Otherwise I would've just waited. That lady is stupid useful, though. Estus flask upgrades? Please god yes.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7162 on: February 12, 2013, 07:37:37 pm »

Yeah you pick up some object from where she used to be that you use to go and kill Lautrec, apparently. I haven't actually done it yet, but you get a lot of Humanities if you do, and I think some other stuff.

Went in, cancelled my pre order on Colonial Marines, and got Dead Space 3. Now this is a game I know I'll like.

EDIT: Liking Dead Space 3 a lot so far. I only have one issue though, just faced the boss you face in the demo, you cannot dodge him at all, even with the dodge rolling thing they added, you cannot dodge his attacks, fuck that shitty game design.

EDIT: So I just watched this (Be sure to watch with annotations on), in regards to Colonial Marines. The gameplay demos shown prior to the game's release, the work in progress demos, look better than the final game, it's almost as though they shipped us the Alpha of the game. Absolutely pathetic, I'm incredibly surprised Gearbox put out such a terrible game.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:53:32 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7163 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:19 am »

Nothing says "Valentine's Day" like purchasing Max Payne 3. Game which main character is lonely, depressed, drunk and painkiller addict AND hes family was murdered. Oh the irony =DDDDD

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7164 on: February 14, 2013, 05:37:53 pm »

Steam has this thing going on, Linux Party or something. Cheap games and stuff, it's a total Steam boner if you will. The point is, Dungeons of Dredmor and it's expansions, $5. Buy it.

Ninja'd: 863
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7165 on: February 14, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »

Yeah you pick up some object from where she used to be that you use to go and kill Lautrec, apparently. I haven't actually done it yet, but you get a lot of Humanities if you do, and I think some other stuff.

Went in, cancelled my pre order on Colonial Marines, and got Dead Space 3. Now this is a game I know I'll like.

EDIT: Liking Dead Space 3 a lot so far. I only have one issue though, just faced the boss you face in the demo, you cannot dodge him at all, even with the dodge rolling thing they added, you cannot dodge his attacks, fuck that shitty game design.

EDIT: So I just watched this (Be sure to watch with annotations on), in regards to Colonial Marines. The gameplay demos shown prior to the game's release, the work in progress demos, look better than the final game, it's almost as though they shipped us the Alpha of the game. Absolutely pathetic, I'm incredibly surprised Gearbox put out such a terrible game.

Dodge roll? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7166 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:25 pm »

What's wrong with Dodge Roll? D:

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7167 on: February 14, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »

It's too agile a maneuver for Dead Space. I loved that the first one moved at the speed of walking like you shit yourself, and the fastest response you had to a monster leaping out of a vent into your face was a panicked flail.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7168 on: February 14, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »

I don't really think it's even meant to be used against the necromorphs, because so far I've found it useless, I think its more for dodging the rare occurrences where you're shooting at armed soldiers.
To be frank, I think Dead Space 3 is my favorite of the series.

EDIT: Just beat Dead Space 3, and it was fantastic. It took me a good 14 hours, and I'm pretty sure there's still stuff left for me to do that I missed. For those worried it's more action oriented than the previous games, it's really no more so than Dead Space 2, aside from a few (And I stress the word "few") bits where you're shooting other people, and a cover system (They added in crouching and you just crouch behind objects, that's it). They do an excellent job of capturing the creepy horror atmosphere we've come to love with recent games. And is it still "scary"? That's really subjective, everybody finds different things scary, I personally never found the dead space games to be scary, but I'm sure some will still find DS3 to be scary.
The weapon crafting system is fantastic, I was afraid that EA would make crafting resources hard to come by so that players would feel more inclined to buy resources via EA's microtransaction system, but thankfully that's not the case. There's only two weapon slots now, but you technically still can have 4 weapons, when you craft a weapon, there's an upper and lower receiver, each of which can have it's own weapon, so for example, one of my weapons I have a semi automatic carbine on top, and a rocket launcher on the bottom, and then another one is a shotgun on top, and a flame thrower on the bottom.
In all I thought it was a fantastic game. Really glad I cancelled my Aliens to get it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:28:58 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: February 15, 2013, 05:44:54 am »

System Shock 2.

Even a game this old still scares the shit outa me.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 561   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: