The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 06:45:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 524908 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7770 on: September 01, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »

Been playing some more WoW, mostly leveling up my Pokemons.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7771 on: September 02, 2013, 12:12:08 am »

Man I ain't ever played WoW but it seems like the expansion packs/updates are getting crazier and crazier.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: September 02, 2013, 11:01:23 am »

The new pet battle system is awesome, being able to use the pets you got from the earlier expansion is pretty fun.

Also Soloed and beaten Illidan for the first time ever.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: September 02, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »

Beat SRIV. Fantastic game. Only pet peeve right now is you unlock the option to control the time of day at the end, which is all fine and dandy, but you have to go to a specific location to do it, also it's not "morning", "noon", "night", etc, it's a bunch of really fucking vague names, some of which have weird color filters with them. I just want midday. Jesus.

EDIT: Aside from collectibles, I've mopped up all the side activity stuff, and now it's kinda boring. Might start a new game. Also my character looks BA, finally figured out a set of clothes that look good, since SRIV has less clothing options than 3. In 3 I wore the future soldier outfit, and you can still get it in SRIV, but you can't customize the colors (the default colors look kinda ugly), its bogus. I am digging the athletic look though.

FUCKING COLLECTIBLES. I spent far too long combing the map for the few clusters I'd missed. I'm talking grabbing a jet and making thorough sweeps to find them. Then it was pointed out to me that I could have just gone into the map and set the filter to "collectibles" since I'd gotten the finder from Matt pretty early. Derp. I kinda dig the tough chick look your LadyBoss has. Mine tends to swing between punk chick to the Luchador soldier suit, since it looks pretty awesome on women.

So, erm, I've clearly been playing Saints Row 4. I've also beaten Silent Hill: Homecoming and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Homecoming wasn't dreadful...it just wasn't scary, and it was way too easy. I was shocked at how quickly the bosses went down. Brothers, on the other hand, was a beautiful game. I will say that as far as gameplay goes, it's interesting, but nothing to really rave about. What really shines is the story. I can't understand a damn thing anyone says because it's in some language that clearly isn't English, but the game does a fine job of showing instead of telling. You'll smile, you'll stand in awe of your surroundings, you'll panic...hell, you might even cry. I did. But I'm kind of prone to bitchtears anyway.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7774 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:15 pm »

They just speak a gibberish language in Brothers, kinda like the Simblish language in the Sims games.

And yeah I've kinda rolled with the tough chick look in most of my games that allow me to create characters. I have a thing for short hair and tomboys, so it's what I do. Since I can't customize the clothing I used last game I rolled with a more athletic look, kinda like female MMA fighters. This is my character from the last game, almost the exact same as my SRIV character (I tweaked her a bit in SRIV), but different clothes, which you can't change the colors of in IV (by default its an ugly brown and green), so like I said, went with the athletic look.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:55:56 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7775 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:07 am »

Ah I only ever played one of the Brothers in Arms games, and it was okay-ish.

And $5 isn't bad, I'd buy it at that price just out of a morbid curiosity, but my compy can't run it. I'm sure it'll be in the bargain bin for consoles soon enough.
I'd be kind of afraid of getting it for a console.  From the screenshots I've seen the console version still looks pretty rough.  I spent most of yesterday playing multi-player for it online (both campaign co-op and vs modes to grind for challenge unlocks) and the vs mode is surprisingly good.  Aliens are fragile as hell but the rush you get from culling Marines from the group is AWESOME.  Even better is sneaking in through through the ceiling and taking out the marines that are watching the doors.  But that being said, Aliens against a smart group of Marines who know how to cover each other really have their work cut out for them. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Red Ivan
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »

Been stuck in Payday 2 since release. Got enough perk points to max out a skill tree, try it out then take them out and max out another and try that.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7777 on: September 03, 2013, 10:15:04 pm »

I'd be kind of afraid of getting it for a console.  From the screenshots I've seen the console version still looks pretty rough.  I spent most of yesterday playing multi-player for it online (both campaign co-op and vs modes to grind for challenge unlocks) and the vs mode is surprisingly good.  Aliens are fragile as hell but the rush you get from culling Marines from the group is AWESOME.  Even better is sneaking in through through the ceiling and taking out the marines that are watching the doors.  But that being said, Aliens against a smart group of Marines who know how to cover each other really have their work cut out for them. 
The PC version itself doesn't really look too impressive. I mean, compare it to the original trailer, and even then that was kinda good-but-not-bad tier.

Got a wad for doom called "Psychic". As is implied by title, you have psychic abilities in it, killing enemies drops coins, which can be used to purchase new powers, weapons, power ups, and upgrades for weapons and powers. There's only 5 weapons (different from standard doom weapons), they all do less damage, but they have infinite ammo, and they can all be upgraded, though upgrades vary between weapons, upgrading one might increase power, while upgrading the other might increase area of effect. As for powers, there's several fun ones to play with, ignite your enemies, freeze them, shoot a ball of plasma, or throw a wave of rock spikes from the ground. Tons of killing variety.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7778 on: September 04, 2013, 04:40:51 am »

They added direct x10 support, which isn't quite as pretty as 11 but is miles beyind 9, also higher definition textures, for instance I can read name labels on lockers and body armor that appear to be blobs of pixels in ps3 screenshots.  Does it look like the trailer?  Does it look as good as Crysis 3?  (or even 2) no.  Does it still look like a last gen title?  No.  Though it took nearly 4 gigs of patching to get the PC version looking/playing to an acceptable level.  (And I've read through the various patch notes, the stuff that was fixed NEVER should have made it into a released game.)  My comment was more about not knowing the details of the support the console versions may or may not have received, because is they are still on par with release day ACM they're an unplayable mess.

Digging the multiplayer though, spent most of last night playing escape, I'm still not using the aliens to their full potential (the surface transitions still mess me up) but I'm doing better with them.  My specialty is becoming hit and run incapping and letting my team mop up behind me, we slaughtered a whole squad in less than a minute and twenty seconds last night.

EDIT: Found this side by side comparison of the PS3 and XBox 360 visuals/performance for ACM.  http://www.lensoftruth.com/heads-up-aliens-colonial-marines-screenshot-comparison-and-analysis/  Pretty much you have to choose between mediocre frame rate or horrific screen tearing in that order.  Though this is a pre patch article.  Maybe they found a band aid for the console graphics, don't know.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:10:16 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7779 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »

Yeah while PS3 is technically the more powerful console, it's also harder to program for, and very few devs are able to take full advantage of its capabilities (like Naughty Dog, for example).

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7780 on: September 04, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

Naughty Dog makes all other PS3 devs look like slackers.

Though they only did PS3 games so they weren't worried about how a feature would translate to another platform.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7781 on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »

For real. The Last Of Us looks amazing.

Been playing some Spies vs Mercs on Splinter Cell Blacklist. Sooooo much fun.

RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: September 04, 2013, 07:44:33 pm »

Beat XCOM:Enemy Unknown, finally. Longbow, my lead sniper, was the psychic soldier who had high enough will to use the machine to find the Ethereal's mother-ship. Spoiler Alpha's details because I doubt everyone wants to read about them, and there is a lot there. I love these bastards, so I just had to get some of this off of my chest somewhere and this is the place.

(click to show/hide)

Needless to say it was really pleasant to see all of my original Alpha team survive, with ease for the most part.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »

Just beat Silent Hill: Downpour. I actually REALLY liked it. The monsters were a little lacking, but ultimately I felt like it was a solid addition to the series. Now I just gotta pick something to start next...LA Noire, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Mass Effect 3.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7784 on: September 04, 2013, 10:57:02 pm »

MGS3, obviously.

More blacklist woo.

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 559   Go Up
  Print