The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 20, 2014, 03:36:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 607942 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6630 on: September 16, 2012, 01:09:51 am »

I find you getting into alphas and betas a lot for games. Do you just know people or do you ask around?

I think its rather neat.

To be honest Stan, they just give me to me at random I usually just sign up and wait I used to have really shitty luck with getting into beta's back in the day but now they are just giving em out to me.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6631 on: September 16, 2012, 02:56:52 am »

Joe Danger 2. It's pretty fun, if you enjoy Trials you'd for sure enjoy this. The only thing I don't like is there isn't really any proper explanation as to what you're supposed to do in the game, no training level or anything, you're just dropped in and that's it. But still, fun game, and I got it for free, can't argue with that price.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6632 on: September 16, 2012, 09:45:00 am »

I find you getting into alphas and betas a lot for games. Do you just know people or do you ask around?

I think its rather neat.

For the most part, you just have to sign up and wait. If your pc fits the stats they want and you get lucky, they'll send you a key. Speaking of which, I'm in the planetside 2 beta.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6633 on: September 16, 2012, 03:28:21 pm »

Been playing a lot of Dynasty Warrior 6 Empires the last week or so.  There is something supremely gratifying about not only slaughtering enemies by the thousands in melee combat but in also seizing complete control of a country.  Becoming emperor is also nice.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6634 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »

FTL. And it's good.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6635 on: September 17, 2012, 12:31:08 am »

More Dust: An Elysian Tale. Great game, the writing is silly, and there's lots of video game references. Also, fun metroidvania gameplay.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6636 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28:30 am »

B-b-b-borderlands 2, baby!

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6637 on: September 18, 2012, 01:53:59 am »

Just got back from the midnight launch!

Red Ivan
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: September 18, 2012, 03:47:33 am »

Black Mesa :3

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6639 on: September 18, 2012, 04:43:57 am »

Borderlands 2. Already encountered kind of an annoying bug, I got 3 exclusive gearbox weapons from pre ordering and lost the sniper rifle because I was trying to transfer it between my inventory and a bank just as my friend was ending the game (Or at least I think that was the reason), anyways, I don't have it anymore for some unexplained reason, which sucks, I'd like to keep special weapons like that.
Playing as Zer0, he's awesome.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6640 on: September 18, 2012, 10:10:34 am »

Are those the weapons from the secret chest? Or are they elsewhere? Because the ones in the chest level with you, so I'm definitely not opening that until cap.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6641 on: September 18, 2012, 01:16:37 pm »

Nah I had these ones like right as soon as I started, three guns marked each with the borderlands logo and a black and gold colors. I'm also doing the same with the golden chest.
By the way, in Sanctuary, you can find a dude named Michael who will give you a free blue level gun, he's based off that borderlands fan who died of cancer awhile back.

EDIT: More borderlands 2. One thing I absolutely loathed about the first game is that if you're downed any enemy in your area will duck into cover far away from you so you can't kill them and be revived. Like at least give me a fucking chance.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:46:16 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6642 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:00 pm »

Humble Indie Bundle 6 just dropped, and unlike last time I only own one game in the set.  If you don't already have Torchlight nab this while it's cheap.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6643 on: September 18, 2012, 10:30:26 pm »

Borderlands 2.

I understand that you guys have a boner for your bajillion guns. That's cool. I do not understand why I cannot find an assault rifle that is a decently accurate gun. I'd like a simple three round burst assault rifle with okay damage that has a small spread. I don't want it to shoot fifty bullets that explode every time I pull the trigger. I don't want a gatling gun. I don't want a gun that shoots smaller guns. So please. Toss a normal gun that shoots normal bullets and doesn't eat through all of my ammo in one fight my way. Please.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6644 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:45 pm »

Also the vehicle handling is HORRENDOUS. There's like a huge delay from when you turn the camera, and when it actually turns.

EDIT: Resident Evil 6 demo. It's really fun! My only complaints so far are that the cover controls feel a bit stiff, and getting into cover is awkward, if its a Gears of War standard chest high wall you have to hold L Trigger, and then hit A to go into cover when near, and continue to hold L to stay in cover, if its like a wall you just hold L and walk into it. The controls take a bit of getting used to in all.
And then the pause menu is weird, you push start and it just pauses the game, that's it, if you wanna dick around with game settings and stuff, you have to push the back button, but the thing is it's still in-game, your character crouches down and pulls out a PDA type device, so if you wanna change your settings, be sure you kill everything first
You can now thankfully walk and aim at the same time, as well as swap shoulders, there's also a new dodge move which is nice, and the melee combat is a lot more fun. To heal you have these like... Healing tablet things? Not a lot of the new mechanics were really explained well, but you hit Right bumper to pop a tablet, and it heals one bit of your health, it seems like you can hold 16 tablets total, and then to replenish them you push Right bumper and x at the same time, or something, not sure if the tablets are infinite. There's also still green herbs and health spray, which heal you to full health instantly, which I suppose is more convenient than having to keep popping tablets.
The demo lets you have a taste of each of the games three campaigns, Jake's, Leon's, and Chris's. Based on the Demo, Leon's feels more survival-horror, with a dark and creepy atmosphere, and lots of traditional zombies, Chris's is like an action/monster movie, you face off against mutated soldiers in firefights with other armed troops, as well as take on full blown monsters, Leon it's hard to get a feeling on what his campaign is like, but it's not quite like the others. Like Resident Evil 5, each character has a partner, and a nice touch is that you can pick which character you want to play as, so you don't HAVE to play as Jake or Leon or Chris, you can play their partner if you want.
Enemies will often drop Skill Points upon death, not sure what purpose they serve.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 04:14:36 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: