The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 24, 2014, 06:49:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 568592 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:44 am »

Protip: Pick up and sell everything you find, easiest way to become rich. Always repair stuff you intend to sell as well.

EDIT: Beat Jake's Campaign, I liked that one. Apparently there's a fourth campaign too.

I have a bathtub full of money pre-war money.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6736 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:17 am »

Started Ada's campaign. I get a lot of game for what I payed for, that makes me happy. So far I'd say I have about 35-ish hours into RE6. So on top of RE5 Gold, RE4, and Code Veronica, the $100 I spent on RE6 archives has been worth it, the issues I do have with RE6 aren't enough to ruin my experience with the game either, though there were still some pretty dumb mistakes/decisions with this one.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: October 19, 2012, 08:14:39 am »

I went and dropped Dishonored from my playing list, honestly the game is fun but I hate being forced into not being able to kill people.

Good game, had a lot of promise.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6738 on: October 19, 2012, 12:45:26 pm »

I went and dropped Dishonored from my playing list, honestly the game is fun but I hate being forced into not being able to kill people.

Good game, had a lot of promise.
Uhhhh... what? It does NOT force you to not kill people, you can kill as many people as you want. They give you a gun for a reason. The only reason to not kill people is to get the good ending, unless you're mistaking "Choice" for being "Forced" to do something.

EDIT: Got Retro City Rampage transferred to my Vita, I really like the whole cross-save thing, so I can continue from where I left off on the PS3 version on the Vita version. Also gonna transfer some of my PSP Games. Or at least try to. I really want a bigger memory card.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:49:10 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6739 on: October 20, 2012, 11:03:31 am »

Pocket RPG for the BBPB, pretty good for a few bones. Went as a mage since that's where all the cool shit is and it's pretty fun. The magic analog stick doesn't always work but when it does, stuff dies.

And got The Bard's Tale for the BBPB for the same amount; 3 bones. Pretty much got it for Tony Jay.

Ninja'd: 863
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6740 on: October 20, 2012, 12:10:49 pm »

Uhhhh... what? It does NOT force you to not kill people, you can kill as many people as you want. They give you a gun for a reason. The only reason to not kill people is to get the good ending, unless you're mistaking "Choice" for being "Forced" to do something.

EDIT: Got Retro City Rampage transferred to my Vita, I really like the whole cross-save thing, so I can continue from where I left off on the PS3 version on the Vita version. Also gonna transfer some of my PSP Games. Or at least try to. I really want a bigger memory card.

In an interview, one of the leads on the game said they purposely made it frustrating for people trying to go through the game without killing anyone. Then they do the whole "you've got a choice, but there is a punishment". They're not eliminating choice, they're just kind of gaming the system. I'm kind of at the same point with dishonored as gez. I want to get the good ending, but the game is getting annoying to the point where I'm just not really having as much fun as I was.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6741 on: October 20, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »

New DLC out for Elite Sniper 2.  Gonna download it later, it's being hyped as "open" and full of "choices".  I got my fingers crossed.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6742 on: October 20, 2012, 01:38:11 pm »

In an interview, one of the leads on the game said they purposely made it frustrating for people trying to go through the game without killing anyone. Then they do the whole "you've got a choice, but there is a punishment". They're not eliminating choice, they're just kind of gaming the system. I'm kind of at the same point with dishonored as gez. I want to get the good ending, but the game is getting annoying to the point where I'm just not really having as much fun as I was.
Really? I didn't find it anymore frustrating than other games where I have the option. And it's not like the only way to get the ending is to kill absolutely nobody, you can still kill people, I did quite a few times when I had no other choice and still got the ending. As long as you're not running through the level hacking and slashing anything that moves you'll be fine. Hold back, watch enemies patrol patterns, and determine what the best course of action is, like any other stealth game, I found getting through with few kills to be pretty easy, with maybe a couple choke points.
Also don't piss away those rune things or whatever they are on useless powers like slow time, the rat swarm one, or gust of wind, same with upgrades for your weapons and armor.

New DLC out for Elite Sniper 2.  Gonna download it later, it's being hyped as "open" and full of "choices".  I got my fingers crossed.
Tell me if it ends up being good, I was totally unaware of new DLC and traded that game in, and I will be pissed if the DLC ends up being awesome or something.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 01:39:56 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6743 on: October 20, 2012, 01:51:59 pm »

I know you CAN kill people and still get the good ending, but there's an achievement and yadda yadda yadda. And slow time isn't a waste, when slow time is fully upgraded, It's the absolute best stealth power in the game. And un-upgraded gust of wind is good for getting away when you get caught. There isn't really a way to "piss away" runes, you get a shitload of them, and you have pretty limited non-lethal options. Same with the money, there's no reason to collect it after a certain point if you're going non-lethal.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6744 on: October 20, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »

Ahh okay, the beef I had with slow time (On the first level of it) was when you go to actually slow down time enemies still notice you just as fast as they would in normal time, I figured the fully upgraded one would be the same. And yeah... I'm not sure I'll bother with the achievement for killing literally nobody.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I beat RE6. In all it was a pretty enjoyable game, with plenty to go back for after you beat it. The Agent Hunt mode is pretty fun too.

EDIT: Hmm, thinking back on it, while I didn't have much a problem getting through Dishonored with as few kills as possible, I can understand why some people might have that problem. I mean, you have so many ways to kill somebody... But only two ways to knock somebody out, sneak up behind them and choke hold them, or stun darts with the crossbow. Maybe if they do a sequel they'll improve on it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:36:32 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6745 on: October 20, 2012, 11:30:40 pm »

Tell me if it ends up being good, I was totally unaware of new DLC and traded that game in, and I will be pissed if the DLC ends up being awesome or something.
It sucks ass.  The level is huge which is good but it's so full of shit there are still no long shots to speak of and it's forever and a day between checkpoints.  I got sick of spending an hour at a crack picking my way through the city and then dying just before my first objective and starting over again.  Five bucks wasted.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6746 on: October 20, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »

Ahh oh well. I'm hoping that Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 game will be good. I like sniping.

Bit of Resident Evil Code Veronica. Just like all the old RE games, it has bad writing, bad acting, bad pacing, bad controls, and bad camera angles, but it's still enjoyable enough I suppose, but some of its flaws really bog it down, like I said, bad camera angles, like I've lost a lot of health because I ran head first into a zombie I couldnt see or whatever. I gave up after being killed by a giant worm monster ate me. So I'm gonna start an RE4 HD.
It's kinda funny, I mean all the older RE games share the same gameplay mechanics and all the same gameplay flaws as well, and then RE4 comes out and everything is drastically improved... Like what happened guys? Who did you hire/fire to improve the game so much? But the game turns more into an action experience than a horror experience, and that upset people, which is understandable... But at least its more tolerable to play.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:50:54 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6747 on: October 21, 2012, 12:03:27 am »

I firmly believe resident evil 4 is the best one. They hit a sweet spot in between horror and action.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6748 on: October 21, 2012, 12:28:36 am »

Yeah its really great. I kinda wish they could remake the older ones with the mechanics of 4.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6749 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:55 am »

Oh god.

Complete overhauls of the old resident evil games.

I need new pants, because my boner tore through these ones.

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: