The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 11:25:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 577920 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6915 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:19 am »

You will be crying by the end of the game, I guarantee it.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6916 on: December 26, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »

You will be crying by the end of the game, I guarantee it.
This game is by far the most intense emotional roller coaster that I've ever played.  I think a lot has to do with the simple addition of the response timer.  It deserves every game of the year award it has won.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6917 on: December 26, 2012, 03:57:03 pm »

This game is by far the most intense emotional roller coaster that I've ever played.  I think a lot has to do with the simple addition of the response timer.  It deserves every game of the year award it has won.

God, this game makes me feel like a horrendous asshole and at the same time, I'm just like fuck these are the kinds of decisions I would have to make in a zombie apocalypse and this isn't fair. :|

I bought Tropico 4 because it was 80% off. Fuck you steam sale, fuck you so hard.
I bought it because I have this need to construct a town and become a dictator. So, my little minions, you will love Dictator Hail and you will like it.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6918 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:16 pm »

I was going to buy Tropico 4 but I haven't finished 3 yet.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6919 on: December 26, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »

Oh god yes, yes it is. This was the first game to make me truly cry, they did an amazing job on the story. And yeah, the snap decision making really is effective, it's not like Mass Effect where you can just sit there and google the consequences of what you say.

Anyways, just got back from Boxing Day shopping! I got myself Doom 3 BFG Edition for $20, BF3 Premium Edition for $40, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale for $40. I've installed All-Stars onto my Vita (It comes with a free download for the Vita version) and it's an absolute blast, my friend's brother was also nice enough to let me borrow his PS3 since he doesn't play it often, so I can play the actual PS3 version of the game until I can get a new PS3.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6920 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »

I got myself Doom 3 BFG Edition

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6921 on: December 26, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

There were some totally great deals on today.

Beat the arcade mode of PlayStation All-Stars as Nathan Drake, this game is tons of fun, they did an amazing job of making a Smash Bros.-esque experience for Sony.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: December 26, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »

More Fallout 1.

Killed a dude by planting tnt on them.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6923 on: December 27, 2012, 01:05:51 am »

Doom 3 BFG Edition. Awesome so far, I already have the game on PC, but I don't play PC that often, and I can't run it at a silky smooth 60 FPS like BFG Edition can on 360. So far there's only two real drawbacks to the BFG edition that I can see...
With the original game on PC, you'll remember that you had to swap between gun and flashlight, some people found this to be immersive, some found it to be annoying. The people who found this annoying made the "Duct Tape" mod, so that you can use guns and flashlight at the same time. If you were one of the people who used this mod, you'll be happy to know its present in BFG Edition, however, the beam is bigger, the flashlight has a battery, when the battery drains, the light dies, and you have to wait a few seconds for it to recharge. If you were one of the people who liked swapping between gun and flashlight, you'll be disappointed to know that you will be stuck using the built in "Duct Tape Mod" flash light, with no option to swap to the classic use of the flashlight.
The second issue, which is related to the flashlight, is that it does not cast shadows, where as the original flashlight can, which is very unusual, and kind of a bummer, since shadow casting is a very nice effect in the original game.

Overall though, if you're like me and not a big PC gamer, BFG Edition is definitely worth looking into. Graphically it's about the same as the original (Maybe slightly better), with improved lighting to better suit playing on a TV, and as I stated, it runs at a steady 60 FPS (Though the PS3 version apparently has issues holding it sometimes).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 01:08:16 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6924 on: December 27, 2012, 05:27:59 am »

I was one of the people who thought that having to choose between being able to shoot the things trying to kill you or being able to see wtf you were doing built tension.  Not even having the option to go back to classic is asinine IMO.  Think I'll skip it.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6925 on: December 27, 2012, 06:04:00 am »

I was one of the people who found constantly swapping to be tedious, so it's not much of a bother for me, but regardless, not having the option is indeed asinine.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: December 27, 2012, 06:19:53 am »

Juggling fallout and Baldur's Gate.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6927 on: December 27, 2012, 02:55:27 pm »

I remember Baldur's gate! That game kicked ass!

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6928 on: December 27, 2012, 05:41:04 pm »

Think I preferred Planescape: Torment to Baldur's Gate but Planescape, holy shit the writing was amazing. I read everything that was said and went into the history of everything I could find.

I bought Tropico 4 because it was 80% off. Fuck you steam sale, fuck you so hard.
I bought it because I have this need to construct a town and become a dictator. So, my little minions, you will love Dictator Hail and you will like it.

Is that the one where you can get Black Shirts who are El Presidente die hards?

Started up Odin Sphere, being as gorgeous as it is and being made by Atlus, it kicks ass and kicks your ass.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »

I remember Baldur's gate! That game kicked ass!

It does kick ass, whats even cooler its the Enhanced Edition. Comes with 3 new characters, bunch of portraits and uses the Baldur's Gate 2 engine so I can play it in window mode.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: