The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 01, 2014, 01:43:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 578089 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7005 on: January 28, 2013, 12:10:26 pm »

Almost punted my computer through the window last night out of sheer rage at Dead Island.  I finally found an Eviscerator.  Awesome.  Early on in Act 2.  Fucking excellent.  It shreds even beastly zombies like Rams.  I'm fucking uber excited.  I get mobbed by a SHIT TON of zombies and throw a cheap POS wooden plank at a propane tank to try to even the odds, miss and despite the fact that it's on the opposite fucking side of the weapon wheel it ques up the Eviscerator for my next throw and I don't realize it until I've already thrown it.  Of course that throw detonates the tank.  But I'm not really worried because usually weapons stay near where the tank was.  So I walk over there, the fucking cheap ass plank was still there.  The Eviscerator?  Not so much, it was gone like it had never existed.  And to add insult to injury while I'm combing the ground futiley searching for it a Ram blindsided me and I died, losing nearly ten grand.  I keep wanting to like this game but some of the core mechanics just piss me the fuck off.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7006 on: January 28, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »

Dead island was a good-ish game, but god damn, those bugs. Buggier than a sack of hog shit.

I think we all need to sit down and talk about how there needs to be an eternal darkness sequel more than anything right now. Horror is dead, so bring it back.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:11:33 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7007 on: January 29, 2013, 01:56:14 pm »

Wrapped up Persona 4, True Ending, December 24th (25?) fusion of Yoshitsune with Heat Riser and Dehabiliate and near invulnerable Beelzebub, settled for resist/reflect/absorb everything but Physical and Almighty. Pretty good but The Genesis at the climatic fight was just outstanding. Game has an amazing soundtrack but for boss battles it's just godly.

Wrapping up Project: Snowblind, pretty good for the $3 or so spent on it but console FPS games aren't my forte.
And speaking of PS2 games, been playing Sly 1, pretty fun. Only thing I don't like so far is how formulaic it plays. Go into area, get a few keys, progress, get a few more keys, boss battle. Also don't like Sly's face, it looks... Goofy, like overly cheery. Your parents were killed, why do you have this big goofy Disney grin on your face? It just looks really silly. I tried to find a picture to illustrate what I mean, but alas, there are none. Oh well. It's a fun game in bursts, I think I'd get bored playing for extended periods of time. I hope the sequels improve.

Dammit Yut, I already told you that Sly 2 is better than Sly 1! Canada!

Ninja'd: 863
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7008 on: January 29, 2013, 07:51:28 pm »

Just beat Walking Dead: The Game this morning. I know I was warned about the ending but OMG I almost cried! I wish Telltale would hurry up with season 2 >.>

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7009 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

Got frustrated with Dead Island in the sewers and restarted with Xian Mei again.  Now I remember why she was so much harder to play, she doesn't regen health.  I do miss her rage duration though.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7010 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »

I just played as Purna. She was badass. There's a new character in Riptide, some kind of Special Forces soldier named John Morgan, who specializes in Hand To Hand Combat, and his character was apparently inspired by a mod for the original Dead Island, so that's cool to see the community having an impact on the game.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:50:40 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7011 on: January 29, 2013, 08:57:45 pm »

The Binding of Isaac, kicked some major ass with Eve but kept on unleashing two lob bombs instead of one, granting me a horrid death in the grisly post-game segment.
And speed, too much of it is bad, but could kill a Sin in three hits without having max power and lobs are good for the jumpers, grunt and boss-wise.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7012 on: January 29, 2013, 09:36:54 pm »

I like reading HK's take on games, he gets so immersed, and the more immersed he gets, the better the game usually is

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7013 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

Just beat Walking Dead: The Game this morning. I know I was warned about the ending but OMG I almost cried! I wish Telltale would hurry up with season 2 >.>

Almost? Someone's a cold hearted monster.

Got frustrated with Dead Island in the sewers and restarted with Xian Mei again.  Now I remember why she was so much harder to play, she doesn't regen health.  I do miss her rage duration though.

Yeah, if you're playing alone, everyone pretty much sucks except for Sam B. And I haven't played Purna, but I have used the guns, and I can't see using them as your main weapon as being too good, as they were worthless against everything except for humans. But, again, I haven't actually played as her, so I don't know.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7014 on: January 30, 2013, 07:18:25 pm »

Guns become pretty useful as you go along, though I did still use melee a lot to conserve ammo.

I got Assassin's Creed Liberation for my Vita. Like it a helluva lot more than ACIII.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7015 on: January 30, 2013, 08:44:18 pm »

Sid Meier's Pirates!, forgot you had to crank up the graphics and all the bells and whistles for it to run without crashing but once I did, Bloody Jack took to the seas fighting under the English and an enemy to the Spanish dogs. Which is half the damn bloody ocean. The entire southern side is under Spanish control and all the English have is Barbados and a few towns near Tortuga in the north. But after some time taking Spanish ships, trading my ill-gotten wares and swashbuckling the crap out of Jack.... #9, I decided I should restart, if only to get a time period where the islands are more spread out through the powers.

The French have like one town, Petite-Grove near Tortuga. Again. Might just head up there next time around.

I like reading HK's take on games, he gets so immersed, and the more immersed he gets, the better the game usually is

I should have done more justice for the grotesque abomination Eve became. Damn disturbing.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: January 30, 2013, 10:09:41 pm »

Trying to play Wizardry Online, but can't connect online.

So instead of that more of Devil Survivor 1 and Fire Emblem 7. Prepping myself for Fire Emblem X SMT, I am still wondering how the game play system will take especially since the two games have different stuff going on for it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:20:26 pm by Gezkill » Logged

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7017 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

Dungeons of Dredmor, it actually runs! Pretty fun from the start and humorous, those little blurbs for skills and items, and the slaughter of anything and everything with magic or whacking with a stick always amounts to a good time. Should go through the tutorial but I'll learn.
And read the Accountancy discription as if it was the Demonology one. So going for that in my next run.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7018 on: January 31, 2013, 02:04:43 am »

Dredmor is really fun.  You can if course play it "hardcore" for that real roguelike experience.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7019 on: January 31, 2013, 10:09:44 am »

There's a mod for Bowiemancy. Just throwing that out there.

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: