The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 24, 2014, 03:27:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 587961 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7020 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »

Yeah, if you're playing alone, everyone pretty much sucks except for Sam B. And I haven't played Purna, but I have used the guns, and I can't see using them as your main weapon as being too good, as they were worthless against everything except for humans. But, again, I haven't actually played as her, so I don't know.

I seriously spent hours staring at Xian Mei's skill tree this time before I got too far into Act 1 again.  I believe I have a viable plan in place to make her a beastly single player character (assuming I can keep up my stock of aid kits) by level 25 and by the time I hit the new level cap of 60 she should be a foaming at the mouth psychopath who makes the Tasmanian Devil look tame by comparison.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I can say I haven't even hit level 15 yet and I'm already tearing through Act 1 far easier than the first few times I played.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7021 on: January 31, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »

So remember that game Braid? As if it wasn't such pretentious bullshit to begin with, it's also allegory for the creation of an atomic bomb. What the actual fuck.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: January 31, 2013, 04:56:13 pm »

So remember that game Braid? As if it wasn't such pretentious bullshit to begin with, it's also allegory for the creation of an atomic bomb. What the actual fuck.

Okay, I've played the game and I've never made any connections to that and the A-Bomb.

Also side note Tera Online. Playing as this giant horned dude with lance and shield, gameplay is okay and the graphics are good, also playing Shining Force 1, haven't touched this game in AGES and I really need to beat it.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7023 on: January 31, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »

Yeah I don't even know either, I just learned that today. Apparently Tim is supposed to represent a scientist, and his girlfriend the bomb. Or something.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7024 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:34 pm »

Okay, I've played the game and I've never made any connections to that and the A-Bomb.

I had heard of this.  The connection is tenuous at best unless you've found all the secret stars (seriously, they are like way harder to get than the puzzle pieces, one of them takes like almost a complete day of waiting in the same spot to get the proper platform alignment or some shit).  There was an article on Cracked about impossible to find easter eggs that talked about it I think.  If you have all the puzzle pieces and stars the ending changes or something.  Something I'll probably never do considering I didn't even have the patience to get past the third or fourth world.  It seemed like an ok game but it's a one trick pony gimmick stretched out too long without the humor or good story to make you want to stick with it.

tl:dr it is indeed pretentious BS and doesn't have the appeal of portal or portal 2 to make you want to endure the limited gameplay mechanic.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7025 on: January 31, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Just found this, it's about how the whole atomic bomb thing works in the story. Pretty pretentious stuff.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7026 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »

Dual-Wielding Necromatic Communist Pirate is kicking major ass and surviving by a thread, but kicking so much godly ass.

And more Sid Meier's Pirates, it may be a collection of mini-games but piracy in the Caribbean, high seas and plundering, wooing dames with a hard to time dance game and it's just fun. Mack the Knife fights for the English, plunders French and Dutch Treasure ships, regardless of the odds, and every single Spanish Ship he sees.

PS2 wise, might try and continue Sly 3 but it's not as compelling as 2.

Dredmor is really fun.  You can if course play it "hardcore" for that real roguelike experience.

Going Rogue with Perma-Death? The only way to play. But the other two difficulty levels do warrant a shot for the achievments.

There's a mod for Bowiemancy. Just throwing that out there.

Gotta figure out how to get that mod up and running. As usual, you da man Log!

Ninja'd: 863
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7027 on: January 31, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »

Braid was a spectacular game. And they mention the creation of the atomic bomb at the very end of the game, I think It's in the secret level. And not the SECRET stuff, because I didn't fuck around with that shit at all and I still accessed the secret level. And it was a really half assed tie-in, if I remember correctly, like they just did a whole bunch of books and told a short story that wasn't really related. And, at the very base of it all, the atomic bomb thing makes sense.
(click to show/hide)

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7028 on: January 31, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

Yeah you have to collect all those star things or something to get a secret ending where the princess explodes, and her being an atomic bomb is alluded to in the journal things, especially with the quote "We are all sons of bitches now."
As a game Braid was okay, it was very pretty to look at, I guess the gameplay is good if you're into that kind of stuff, but the story and writing are just pretentious, and the games creator is a prick, I just couldn't look past it.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7029 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »

Exploding princesses always make endings better.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7030 on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:20 am »

I just wanna know what kind of message he's trying to bring across with the whole atomic bomb thing.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7031 on: February 01, 2013, 10:34:59 am »

Sometimes the ones you love are weapons of mass destruction and are destined to explode.
I'm just thinking of Dr. Strangelove but he didn't ride her when she exploded, did he?

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7032 on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:48 pm »

Sometimes the ones you love are weapons of mass destruction and are destined to explode.
I'm just thinking of Dr. Strangelove but he didn't ride her when she exploded, did he?
I think it's ride her UNTIL she exploded...  He love you long time

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7033 on: February 01, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »

Best ending ever  He love you long time

You and your pretentious findings non-hipster* Yut. You should appreciate the ending for what it is, not what it stands for.
*For some reason I felt like I had to put hipster in the same sentence as pretentious even if it didn't entirely relate to the coversation.

Dungeons of Dredmor, half the time it crashes on start, most of the other time it crashes in the middle of a round but for those few times, it's amazing. Running a Mace-wielding, armored blood thug OF ODIN who dabbles in Golemancy (Took me four levels to use the second skill of Golemancy) but with it, dished out the rainbow, took on a monster house and ODIN, everytime I go melee>ranged or magic.
Every time.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7034 on: February 01, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »

More Dead Island.

I am like a walking wood chipper at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: