The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 02, 2014, 03:26:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 561   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 542260 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7080 on: February 06, 2013, 09:21:10 pm »

If I remember correctly, the return to the asylum fucks your shit backwards if you go as soon as you can. Also, there's an NPC near the beginning that you most definitely want to kill.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7081 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:53 pm »

I went and had no issues. EXCEPT in the area where you fight the big fat fuck, if you stand on the floor in the middle, the floor collapses and he's down there, meaner than ever. Also which NPC?

EDIT: Made great progress in Dark Souls. Killed some bosses, and I got the Zweihander, which will be super handy once I get my strength to 24.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:04:16 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7082 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:50 am »

I picked up the Zwiehander on my first suicide looting run through the cemetary, still don't have the 24 STR through.  I killed that Black Knight then went back and tried to kill the dragon thing.  I keep thinking his attack pattern is exploitable since he doesn't move but the fact that his claw swipe can one shot me means even the slightest mistake gets me killed.  So I eventually gave up.  I need to stop screwing around and finish exploring the undead burg.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7083 on: February 07, 2013, 06:36:44 am »

Which dragon thing?

Speaking of Dragon things, I just defeated the Gaping Dragon, in my first try too! Thankfully he only LOOKS intimidating, but he's really not that bad.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7084 on: February 07, 2013, 08:33:09 am »

I used the Master Key to unlock a gate from the ruins below the Firelink Shrine that leads to the valley of the drakes.  There's what I thought was either a dead dragon or statue of a dragon that was near some items (the soul of a large soldier, Astora's straight sword and the Dragon Crest shield).  I nabbed all the items then it came to life and killed me.  Even when it's "alive" it never seems to move from that spot, it is sort of hanging onto the ledge and it only spews some kind acid and swipes with its claws when you get close to it.  The acid breath really doesn't do that much damage and I spent a lot of time trying to kill it by dashing at it and taking a swipe between breaths, but all it takes is one mistep and the claw swipe kills me in one shot.  Though the sword/shield are very nice.  The sword does physical and magical damage, the regular attack is a fast slash and the strong attack is thrust.  The thrust doesn't cover the same range as the Estoc but the damage it deals and the increased speed more than make up for it.  The shield has 85% fire res which helped me get past the firebomb chucking dipshits in the undead burg.  I did run past the dragon thing once but farther up the trail are flying blue dragons that I don't have the power to deal with yet.  The crossbow I have is slow and does crap for damage even with heavy bolts and I haven't learned any spells yet.  I am pretty obsessed with killing that stupid acid breathing dragon thing though... 

I'm not making really fast progress both because I play a slow exploratory style and I only have an hour or so each night after work to actually play.  Everything so far indicates that I need to get back to the undead burg and finish shit there because every other path is blocked by something out of my league.  I was sort of disapointed that after I killed the Black Knight he was only guarding an item and not the path I needed to take to finish the level.

EDIT:  I totally cheesed out when I killed the Black Knight.  I ran back into a building and shut the door to try to get time to drink from my flask and he hit me through the door.  Realizing that attacks work through doors I would stab him through the door then roll away before he retaliated.  Rinse, repeat, dead. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:57:45 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7085 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »

Aaaah... Dark Souls Smiley
The Master Key is intended as a shortcut for very experienced players I think, going head on to Drake Valley and Blighttown straight from the start might be a waste of time (I don't really see the impact of starting gift except for bombs)... Yut, killing the Asylum Demon for the second time was very difficult for me (but very rewarding !), this zone is optional but I have yet to see the role of the NPC there... anyways, I wish both of you good luck on this epic game Wink (I'm at Sen's Fortress now, but I plan to go deeper when I will have more time)

Now, I'm failing at Kerbal Space Program...

(Backlog is pretty impressive... had barely the time to play Dungeons of Dredmor (By the way HK, do you have the extensions ? may do an Astral/Mathemagics/Staff when I retry) and didn't played Legends of Grimrock yet, this game seems epic)

Engrish as second language
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7086 on: February 07, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

Oh man Valley of the Drakes? When I first saw that name pop up on the screen I nope'd my way out of there. I dun wanna deal with dragons.

As for the Asylum Demon, I think I'll wait and face him later.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7087 on: February 07, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

Grimrock is indeed epic.  Highest recomendation.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7088 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »

Dark souls is a game made of cheese. The solution to any enemy who doesn't move? Arrows and patience.

The wiki is your friend and there is absolutely no shame in using it. For example, did you know that the pyromancer is the best starting class because of its low stats? And while you CAN go to a lot of places later in the game early with the master key, unless you know exactly where you're going and what you're going there to grab, It's best to just not use it.

At least, that's what I think.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7089 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:38 pm »

(Backlog is pretty impressive... had barely the time to play Dungeons of Dredmor (By the way HK, do you have the extensions ? may do an Astral/Mathemagics/Staff when I retry) and didn't played Legends of Grimrock yet, this game seems epic)

They came with the Dungeons of Dredmor bundle on the sale, cheap as all hell for the pack. And have 20+ mods from the amazing workshop community.
You absolutely need to play this more.

(click to show/hide)

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7090 on: February 07, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »

Dark souls is a game made of cheese. The solution to any enemy who doesn't move? Arrows and patience.

The wiki is your friend and there is absolutely no shame in using it. For example, did you know that the pyromancer is the best starting class because of its low stats? And while you CAN go to a lot of places later in the game early with the master key, unless you know exactly where you're going and what you're going there to grab, It's best to just not use it.
I've found it to be quite helpful, especially in the depths with the bonfire locked behind a door.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7091 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:40 pm »

I think I'mma.... play.... something non-Dungeons of Dredmor? Clocked in a few hours on it and think it's more than every other Steam game I have combined x2.

Sid Meier's Pirates, maybe. Piracy, dancing with dames, plundering Spanish vessels and all the good stuff. But the dancing with the beautiful dames (Plain and merely attractive are a whole other level. Levels) is a sequence of "The fuck is this oh fuck wat waht wait" as the dance gets so... Holy crap I couldn't even keep up. I was hitting keys I thought was right but was wrong, Mack the Knife was stumbling around and by the end, he should have went to jail for his abysmal dancing. No swooning kiss, no peck on the hand, just the dame brushing him off and him looking all sad.

And no information on a unsavory rapscallion of a traitor. They had some good bribes.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7092 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:41 pm »

I regret nothing!  The Sword of Astora is farking badass and I wouldn't have it without the master key.  I finally killed the dragon thing.  After experimenting with throwing things at it I found the firebombs worked pretty well, 125 damage a pop.  Not sure how many it took total but it was less than thirty.  Scored 3000 souls and a dragon scale.  I am now officially out of things to do and have to go finish clearing the undead burg.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7093 on: February 07, 2013, 08:36:10 pm »

Just got to Blighttown. Nope. Nopenopenopenope. Think I'll play some AvP or something now.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7094 on: February 07, 2013, 08:56:25 pm »

Anarchy Online...
 Cogline The Epic Fail Engineer has finally attained Level 150 and is scoring some nice loot on Missions. Like proper armour and stuff to make proper armour. Such as the Notum Threaded Backpack (It's a rucksack! It's armour! It's a proper friggin' "man bag"!). And amongst the loots for my million alts are pieces of Miy's Armour including Ranged, Melee, Tank and Scary. I have no idea why "Miy's Scary Armour" is called that but I'm bloody well having it.
And when I reach Level 151 I'll hopefully have the stats to finally upload the Engineer Profession nanoprogram "Extreme Prejudice": Hullo, +100 to Pistol and Grenade Launcher Skills!
 So long as I don't stumble through the one-way shortcut into the Mantis Lair dungeon in my home town of Borealis utterly unprepared, promptly die and lose all the XP I'd gained running the "Reclaim The Lands" Daily Mission again...

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 561   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: