The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 20, 2014, 03:51:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 564052 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7140 on: February 11, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »

I couldn't get into Amalur, and Dark Souls has basically ruined Skyrim for me with its superior EVERYTHING. Though I will say Skyrim is a good game to relax with.

You know, I never understood the comparison between the elder scrolls and dark souls.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7141 on: February 11, 2013, 02:26:14 pm »

It's mainly a difficulty thing. I'm level 81 in Skyrim, and nothing feels like a challenge anymore, even if I crank up the difficulty, it just feels like I'm hitting sponges. Nothing feels rewarding.
Dark Souls, even with kick ass stuff, everything still feels like a challenge, and everything feels so much more satisfying to kill. I also think Dark Souls is superior in terms of looks, it has some fantastic level and character/enemy design, really unique stuff, while Skyrim is like typical fantasy affair, which isn't a bad thing, but it's all stuff we've seen before.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7142 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

It's mainly a difficulty thing. I'm level 81 in Skyrim, and nothing feels like a challenge anymore, even if I crank up the difficulty, it just feels like I'm hitting sponges. Nothing feels rewarding.  Dark Souls, even with kick ass stuff, everything still feels like a challenge, and everything feels so much more satisfying to kill. I also think Dark Souls is superior in terms of looks, it has some fantastic level and character/enemy design, really unique stuff, while Skyrim is like typical fantasy affair, which isn't a bad thing, but it's all stuff we've seen before.

I think what it boils down to is that the Skyrim combat system is pretty much just button mashing where in Dark Souls it matters more HOW you mash the buttons.  Also a big part of the elder scrolls game has always been the end game ascension to nigh godlike power.  And IMO Skyrim is still fun.  I’ve enjoyed the elder scrolls series since Daggerfall and I look forward to playing Skyrim again once the DLC (finally) comes out on the PS3.  I haven't played it in at least a year.

And speaking of Dark Souls... I hate the friggin’ dragon that camps on that damn bridge.  I spent more souls than I want to talk about buying poison arrows and trying to kill that fucker but the most I could do was to get him to wrap his wings around himself and cower which apparently is him regenerating health.  During one of his regeneration sessions I tried rushing him to get a better shot on a weak spot under his wings or something and the bitch flew away.  I can only imagine how many souls and awesome drops flew away with him.  Stupid numpty.  Scaring him off did unlock a new bonfire but hell, just a few feet across the bridge and down a ladder is another one so I’m not sure that really was all that great.  Oh well, since the dragon got away I guess I’ll prep for sea monster slaying instead.  My new hobby is to seek out crap beyond my level and doggedly cheese my way past. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7143 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure the DLC is out on PS3 now. I think its been there for like a week or two.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7144 on: February 11, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure the DLC is out on PS3 now. I think its been there for like a week or two.
Nope, first one doesn't come out till tomorrow.  Believe me I've been keeping a close eye on this.

And apparently I still have my chance to kill that red dragon.  I was going across the bridge to get to the depths and the mother fucker swept down out of nowhere and immolated me right in the middle of the bridge.  I'll be back for him after I clear out the depths.  Very glad I went back to the asylum when I did, the rust ring helps a ton here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:21:42 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

All that talk about Dark Souls makes me want to get it. Also been thinking about getting Oblivion and Skyrim.
You know, I liked that game, but there was something about it that took the shine out of it pretty quickly.
Was it the fact that it's so easy to make a one-hit-kill build? Tongue (Strangely, I only discovered this on the second playthrough.)

Oh, and did I mention that my Minecraft world got deleted yet again? 'Cause it totally did. And I'm totally working on a new one, still. Yet another chance to be the One Who Owns the Most Diamonds.
If only I balanced my homework like I do with my video games...

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7146 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »

Stupid giant rat... he was way faster than I thought and I underestimated him, losing everything I had.  Only afterward did I think to shoot him through the iron bars.  I get off on the intense melee combat and it made me stupid.  The evil eye ring is pimp though.  Live and learn.  Or undead and learn as the case may be.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7147 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »

Oh I know where you are. The Depths, right? When you face the butcher, if you look behind the butcher's table, there's a pit you can drop down that takes you to a hidden location above the rat, so you can do a falling attack on it, I killed it in one shot thanks to that.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7148 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:15 am »

I think the combat in dark souls is really just boiled down to timing. Also, the NPC you need to kill is the one by the girl who doesn't talk and upgrades your flasks. You can kick him off the ledge really easily. And the bridge dragon is a great way to grind out souls early game, because you just climb the ladder from the bonfire, run up the stairs and onto the bridge just far enough to get him to fly down, then run back and avoid the fire. Then you rinse, and then you repeat until you get too bored to.

Speaking of the Skyrim DLC, I gleefully leapt from the boat to solstheim, chatted a few people up, then went to explore a side dungeon. The first enemies I encounter? FUCKING FROSTBITE SPIDERS AND DRAUGR. Nice expansion Bethesda. Good to know you guys aren't even trying hard enough to provide us with some reskins or something. Fuck, just call them "Spiders" and "Zombies", at least then it'll be fucking lore friendly.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7149 on: February 12, 2013, 12:29:21 am »

Oh fucking Lautrec of Carim? That dick put out the bonfire in firelink and I can't ignite it. Should have killed him when I had the chance.

Also, Dragonborn DLC does get better, but it's no Shivering Isles. I really hope whatever they do next will be much more impressive. Speaking of Skyrim, that's what I'm playing right now, though I'm having a hard time playing it... I dunno, I guess I've played so much I've kinda lost interest.

EDIT: Apparently its more worth it to not kill him and wait to do it later on, Lautrec, I mean.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:56:45 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: February 12, 2013, 04:39:29 am »

I think the combat in dark souls is really just boiled down to timing. Also, the NPC you need to kill is the one by the girl who doesn't talk and upgrades your flasks. You can kick him off the ledge really easily. And the bridge dragon is a great way to grind out souls early game, because you just climb the ladder from the bonfire, run up the stairs and onto the bridge just far enough to get him to fly down, then run back and avoid the fire. Then you rinse, and then you repeat until you get too bored to.

Speaking of the Skyrim DLC, I gleefully leapt from the boat to solstheim, chatted a few people up, then went to explore a side dungeon. The first enemies I encounter? FUCKING FROSTBITE SPIDERS AND DRAUGR. Nice expansion Bethesda. Good to know you guys aren't even trying hard enough to provide us with some reskins or something. Fuck, just call them "Spiders" and "Zombies", at least then it'll be fucking lore friendly.

Once you get further in you'll start facing Cthulhu type monsters.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7151 on: February 12, 2013, 04:47:28 am »

I was really, REALLY looking forward to Aliens: Colonial Marines... But I'm looking at the reviews, and let's just say it's not pretty. It's been getting a ton of really nasty reviews. Words just cannot describe my disappointment right now. I think when I go in to pick it up I'm gonna just cancel the pre order and get dead space 3.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #7152 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:23 am »

Playing Dead Space 3... I have never died so much in a Dead Space title more or less by accidental fire.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7153 on: February 12, 2013, 05:48:02 am »

Oh I know where you are. The Depths, right? When you face the butcher, if you look behind the butcher's table, there's a pit you can drop down that takes you to a hidden location above the rat, so you can do a falling attack on it, I killed it in one shot thanks to that.
I even found that damn hole but forgot to explore it.  Oh well arrows did the job just fine.  Stupid giant rat...  The big bug eyed frogs sort of creep me out.  Whatever poison they spit has a really short meter.  At least they're super weak and don't spit the poison very far. 

On the subject of killing the gloomy dude are his drops worth the absolution payoff?  That shit is expensive.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7154 on: February 12, 2013, 06:23:10 am »

Oh the basilisks, those buggy eyed things. Watch out for the gray mist they shoot out, that shit is a curse, if it inflicts you, half your health bar is gone, I believe, and you have to buy/find an item to cure yourself of it.
Who are these gloomy dudes you speak of?

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: