The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 22, 2014, 02:31:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 609878 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7170 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:26 am »

SD2 is a classic in so many ways.  It sadly is a way underappreciated title that is still being influential.  Games from Doom 3 to Dues Ex to Bioshock all owe SS2 a huge debt.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7171 on: February 15, 2013, 12:42:57 pm »

Hmmm. I was definitely interested in buying dead space 3, honestly. But, based on what you've said, I'm going to be getting it a lot sooner. If It's at least as scary as Dead Space 2, I'll be happy. I'll still complain though, because that's how I do, son.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7172 on: February 15, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »

It was a blast. Hell, I've already started a New Game + on it.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7173 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:36 pm »

I was stoked, after dicking around killing random things, soul farming using the dragon on the bridge (thanks for the tip Log) and other nonsense I finally killed the sea monster in dark root basin.  On my second try in fact.  Now I'm getting killed by tree mobs directly after it.  Stupid trees...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7174 on: February 15, 2013, 07:07:23 pm »

Oh you mean the hydra thing with all the ice golems or whatever they are? I took a look down there and tactically nope'd my way back to the bonfire, it looked tough.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7175 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:43 pm »

Dungeons of Dredmor, rocking the Chain Axes, slaughtering everything until I found this pimped out axe in the shop, and I mean pimped out. Pimped to the point where it kicked the ass of my own chain axes! So I stole it. And on the next floor, found a ludicrously broken mace. Even the in-game description labels it as broken!
Before I was kicking ass. Now I'm on the verge of omnipotency. Even the Ravager is peanuts to me now.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7176 on: February 15, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »

Oh you mean the hydra thing with all the ice golems or whatever they are? I took a look down there and tactically nope'd my way back to the bonfire, it looked tough.
That's the one.  It's actually not that bad, if you get up close to it it can't hit you with its projectiles, then as long as you have a good shield the heads will just push you without hurting you and you can attack them.  I recommend the following:

Aggro the ice/crystal/ whatever golems and draw them away to kill them before you fight the sea monster.  If you want to be daring ty to get them killed with the monsters projectiles.

When you go in for the melee use the body that had the knight armor on it near the waterline as a marker and don't stray too far from it.

The rust ring from the asylum makes this fight much easier.

Don't melee the last head, take it out with a bow, I tried to melee it and fell into the pit the monster sits in, that whole lake is not shallow.

The hardest part of the battle is really the approach when all the heads are spitting water or whatever.  A direct hit is painful and the splash effect area of each one is surprisingly large.

In other news while fleeing like a scared child from the ghosts or whatever in the sealed darkroot garden area and fighting rabid tree people in the same area I stumbled on a fake wall to the left of that sealed door, there's a bonfire behind it.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7177 on: February 15, 2013, 10:30:10 pm »

Darkroot garden is another good soul grinding spot. You can run out far enough to attract everyone's attention, then run back by the entrance. If you're facing the entrance from the inside, to the right will be a small ledge. If you run as far down that ledge as you can go, the people should just run right over the top of your head and fall to their deaths.
(click to show/hide)

I've been playing Skyrim all day. Made a build that gives my two handed weapons 120% bonus damage, and I'm using the Longhammer, which I've got doing about 170 damage on it's own. Oh, and the Longhammer swings as fast as a 1-handed weapon. Just in case my first hit doesn't kill that steam centurion outright.

Aaaaand just bought Impire, because Skyrim gets old fast when you're one shotting everything. It's pretty neat, but I wish I could automate a few more things, so you could explore with a squad while your base schedules watches. Which would probably be overcomplicated, but I have a boner for games that let me automate them to the finest detail. I have night terrors if I don't have a copy of final fantasy 12 under my pillow.

Aaaaand back to Skyrim, because beers have made hammerfucking the universe fun again. But, of course, I'm encountering a bug during a cutscene that causes the good guys to yell "Oh no! Here comes the bad guy! Let's stand around and prepare to battle him!" and he just says "Well, fuck that" and just goes and takes a break from dragonwar for a while.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:44:59 am by Log! » Logged

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7178 on: February 16, 2013, 02:07:29 am »

Holy crap, hubris again but while I was insanely powerful. Was two-shotting everything in Dredmor, activated a side quest and when everything else was doing peanuts for damage, I was soon getting hit for 40 out of 160 and just recklessly attacking because I believed I was omnipotent and wasn't check for damage.
Shit, I was dealing over 250 damage per hit! I was God! So close to every damage type at once in melee! Never expected to die like a fool but game up and glitched a previous save so using that and losing a few hours progress with the same character.

Suppose to be permadeath but who am I to complain.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7179 on: February 16, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »

Welp, turns out that Impire doesn't save when you tell it to save, and just kind of puts a bookmark at the beginning of the level you were on. That's... Kind of retarded.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7180 on: February 16, 2013, 07:41:07 pm »

SPAZ, Space Pirates and Zombies, pretty decent so far but need to grind up some better equipment before I tackle that level 5 warp gate.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7181 on: February 16, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »

"I liked the idea of that game, but I'm not a fan of the controls." he said, adding nothing of worth to the thread.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:16:07 pm by Log! » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7182 on: February 16, 2013, 08:26:18 pm »

Playing Halo 4, catching up on Spartan Ops. Good times. Like that there's new content for me to play every week.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7183 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54:58 pm »

About to start FTL - Faster Than Light. Roguelike in space? I'm game.

"I liked the idea of that game, but I'm not a fan of the controls." he said, adding nothing of worth to the thread.

If it's SPAZ then I can agree. I fire ma lazors and miss half the time. Anything else aside from those little green missiles will probably miss.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7184 on: February 17, 2013, 04:51:24 am »

Accidentally started a new game in Jak and Daxter, overwriting my save file. Shiiiiit. Welp, time to start Jak II.

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: