The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 24, 2014, 02:38:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 556   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 497425 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7185 on: February 17, 2013, 01:45:01 pm »

More Fire Emblem Awakening, just married Lucina to MyUnit and got my daughter on my team.

Shit is bomb watching her Aether undeads in the face.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7186 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:42 pm »

Destiny Trailer!
Sooooo excited. :U

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7187 on: February 17, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »

Faster Than Light, it's slow but pretty neat and your crew members grow on you. To see them begin as a regular Joe and elevate to a specialized anything. Felt a pang of remorse when I lost one to a fire when we were trying to rescue some researchers and even then we went on, not letting his sacrifice be in vain. And the ability to send them to any part of the ship is pretty sweet, balancing combat and healing while in the midst of battle to protect the weapons bay or any other essential area.

The game's visuals aren't pretty though but who plays a roguelike for visuals?

Accidentally started a new game in Jak and Daxter, overwriting my save file. Shiiiiit. Welp, time to start Jak II.

Jak II had some crazy difficulty spikes. Have fun with the Slum one!

Edit: FTL again, spent over 15 minutes battling one Pirate ship, who kept cloaking to dodge my missiles, avoiding half of the bloody things and the lasers, dodged the crap out of them. My ship with it's 34% evasion could only dodge a bit less and took us down to 75% hull integrity. I could have ran, but not this time. No son of a bitch is going to make me waste 3+ missiles and not crumble beneath my fist.

On the plus side, we barely made a profit in scrap and a new crew member.

I do enjoy it, but so aggrivating at times.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:16:09 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7188 on: February 18, 2013, 06:17:53 am »

Beat the second world in Sly 2, the one where you're in India. Now I think the third one you're in some Indian jungles, I believe. I also got up to where you get the shotgun in Jak 2, I went to go on my first mission with Sig, but I kept running too far ahead of him, apparently, and I'd get a Mission Failed, kinda annoying, so I decided to start a new game of Jak & Daxter. Didn't take long to catch up to get close to where I was before, thankfully.

Going into EB tomorrow to Pre-order Destiny, so I can get the sweet-ass poster that you get from pre-ordering, and I'm gonna trade some games in, prolly Far Cry 3 and Dishonored. Both great games, I just don't really feel like replaying them.

EDIT: Went in to EB, pre ordered Destiny, unfortunately they didn't have the posters in, oh well, I'm sure they'll get them eventually. Also didn't trade in Far Cry 3 or Dishonored, I decided against Far Cry 3 since they're updating the game so you can reset outposts. I was going to trade in Dishonored still though, and Borderlands 2, but I actually forgot to bring them, oh well. I also got a Wii U with ZombiU, gonna set those up soon, can't wait to try them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:23:33 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7189 on: February 18, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »

FTL, had pirates infiltrate my ship for three whole jumps and my ship was filled with the blaggards who can't fight for peanuts. So I tried to space the bastards whenever I had the chance. Let in the cold, cold vacuum to leech away their life and finished them off with my humans.
And with the peaceniks and their double repair skill, their ship comes with drones and an Ion Beam. Got a Bio-Beam thing along the way and each battle is an endurance one, ion to their conveniently repaired shield (Reloads fast, mine does) and my Drone getting in pot shots. Kicking ass for the most part but it's the last sector that kicks your nuts through your nose.

And Steam, To The Moon is on sale for a few bones.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7190 on: February 19, 2013, 02:12:44 am »

Played some of my new WiiU! I must say, I quite like it! The gamepad touch screen functions are great. ZombiU is a lot of fun, and really intense, it's actually kinda like Dark Souls in a way, and is great if you're a true horror survival fan. Also played some Nintendo Land, a much better collection of Minigames than Wii Sports ever was. My only real complaint about the console so far is the load times in the systems menus are slow as shit.

FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7191 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:09 am »

Aaaah Faster Than Light, this game is addictive (as each roguelike), I really loved the different tactics that the loadouts and ships offer, but each time I say to myself "my ship is verpowered, this time I'm gonna get the boss", I encounter a ship with a loadout that counters exactly mine... but this is a great roguelike !

Playing a bit of Spelunky, and The Binding of Isaac, theses games are beating the crap out of me...

Engrish as second language
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7192 on: February 19, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »

FTL as well, was rocking a Blast Laser II thingamabob and Artemis with the Human ship Layout 1 and bought a cloaking device just to go into camo-stealth mode right when they fire a missile and laser burst. Was kicking mucho ass, with my Weapons Expert, Nav guy and Engines Master gaining EXP and using a single missile at the start of the battle to take out their weapons. Invested in another layer of shielding just in case, got loads of fuel and was able to stay a step ahead by the time I headed for the exit.

Until my computer froze.

Next time, lasers all the way. Going to turn it into a laser light show.

And Dredmor, Emomancy just for My Chemical Explosion. So much fun in Monster Zoos when you can toss a few in and the exp floods in.

Edit: Yut, I know that you're hip and down with all the games youth play these days, keeping up with all the hooplah and the new releases and all that flim-flam, but are you getting Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance? Saw a commercial and read a review and it seemed so... well, I never knew they had a Metal Gear Rising or a Metal Gear Anything due to be released in Q1 of 2013. Or in 2013 in general.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:13:56 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7193 on: February 19, 2013, 03:16:20 pm »

I'm not sure if I am. I played the demo and it was fun, but it's also a hack and slash game, a genre I suck at, made by the guys who did bayonetta, so I'm willing to bet it'll be ludicrously hard later on with too many combos to remember. I dunno though, I also like Metal Gear, so maybe.

EDIT: Watched the PS4 reveal. That thing looks and sounds amazing, and best of all, Destiny is getting exclusive content on it. I'm gonna have to change my pre-order. What will make me want to buy a PS4 over the next Xbox is if it still keeps its current free online model, with PS+. With xbox you're basically paying to use the console.

EDIT: Playing the Marine campaign of Alien vs Predator 2010. The marine campaign manages to be more of an Aliens game than Colonial Marines did, AND it's actually graphically stronger.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:19:12 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7194 on: February 23, 2013, 11:49:23 am »

When the PS4 comes out, I'm upgrading to PS3.

Sid Meier's Pirates as a trading sim, keep on plundering Luxuries and no good port on the Spanish Main to sell them to, and neither Trinidad or Barbados has good prices for them so have to head north-east with some spices in tow. You don't go to St. Kitts without spices.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:34 pm »

Picked up Dark Souls for 20 bucks, playing the ever butt out of it.

Saving some cash for the DLC.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7196 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »

FTL, cruising with my three-shot lasers, pike laser and cloaking device. Kicking ass, got craploads of scrap and aiming to get enough lasers for a beam spam.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7197 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:10 am »

I found a good ROM for Castlevania, so I've been playing the SHIT out of that.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7198 on: February 24, 2013, 09:39:51 am »

inFamous 2 was on sale :p only 20€. Have to wait for the evening before i am back to my appartment.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7199 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:29 am »

Picked up Dark Souls for 20 bucks, playing the ever butt out of it.

Saving some cash for the DLC.
The DLC was half off on PSN a couple weeks back, I'm hoping that means it will be on sale on XBox soon.  In the meatime I've been playing Skyrim again.  A couple of the glitched quests I had were fixed by the new patch but one in particular (the foresworn conspiracy is still borked.)  The last DLC drops next Tuesday.  I'm stoked.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 556   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: