The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 29, 2014, 02:31:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 592866 times)
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7395 on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

Hack, Slash, Loot.
I couldn't really get into it, are the unlockables worth it ? (the main menu theme kicked ass, though)

Reinstalled Sam & Max : Season One. Truly cracks me up Smiley

Engrish as second language
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7396 on: April 08, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »

Not being rezzed in Warframe really pisses me off.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7397 on: April 08, 2013, 11:10:10 pm »

Out of this World... Glad I got it for only like $15, because I am having serious buyers remorse about this. It's not really BAD, it's just ridiculously hard, the platforming and combat require far too much precision. The rotoscoped animation and music are cool though. I think I'll be selling OotW though.

EDIT: Managed to play a round of FC3. With a little work it could have been amazing, and the game had one of the best ideas for multiplayer maps ever. The problem with console shooters is map packs. A map pack comes out, but not everybody wants to buy them, some stick with the default maps while other people play their new maps, ultimately splitting the community, if map packs were free this wouldn't be an issue, and its more incentive for me to buy a game with free content vs a buying a game and paying more on top of that.
What Far Cry 3 does is instead of map packs, they let people make maps with their awesome map maker, then the most popular ones go into a beta playlist for people to test out, and then from there they're added into the game under special community map playlists, Bronze (New maps), Silver (Highest rated maps from the Far Cry 3 community), Gold (High quality maps hand-picked by Ubisoft). This isn't exactly new if you play PC games a lot, but this could have been really great for consoles, it adds variety, and it doesn't hurt your wallet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:22:29 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7398 on: April 09, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

I couldn't really get into it, are the unlockables worth it ? (the main menu theme kicked ass, though)

Heard the Amazon is but only really played the Archer and six characters total. Melee is pretty crappy compared to ranged.

Ninja'd: 863
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: April 09, 2013, 04:49:05 pm »

If I wanted to play Etrian Odyssey, should I start on game 1 or can I jump to number 3?

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7400 on: April 09, 2013, 05:10:25 pm »

I started with 3 and it is awesome.  HK may disagree though.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7401 on: April 09, 2013, 06:47:41 pm »

I totally disagree. The difference between 1 and 3 non-class wise is pretty large and merely having the function to quick-save would ruin part of your enjoyment if you went from 3 to 1, or 2 to 1. Play them in chronological order for the maximum amount of enjoyment: Seeing the improvements to the cartography, the severe nerf to the Medic and Protector in the forms of Immunize and Defender reducing damage to peanuts when combined, the ball-breaking agonizing first game's post-game content of map-making hell (Without Immunize/Defender, each battle would be a struggle from all the FOEs), the second's boss of the second stratum (Six Sins + Cry Soul, that kept me up at night) and holy shit that second boss. I died more times fighting it than the rest of the series and The Dark Spire combined, and you can die from the first battle in that glorious game.

The bare noodles of it all, I agree with TLO with the third being awesome but pay through the nose for the first and second. You don't need to but it's Etrian Odyssey, a series that got four games while being brutally old-school where you have to make your maps by hand. And damn it's satisfying.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: April 09, 2013, 07:17:30 pm »

If I wanted to play Etrian Odyssey, should I start on game 1 or can I jump to number 3?

You can pretty much start on any game you want, just randomly pick a game and play.

Please note gameplay and character classes will change depending on the game.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7403 on: April 13, 2013, 12:13:04 am »

Flashback: Quest for Identity on SNES. Pretty cool for its time, but it's really easy to pick out some really bad game design. I just beat it tonight, and Christ, even on easy the last few levels were very stressful.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7404 on: April 13, 2013, 07:33:11 am »

Flashback: Quest for Identity on SNES. Pretty cool for its time, but it's really easy to pick out some really bad game design. I just beat it tonight, and Christ, even on easy the last few levels were very stressful.
That used to be one of my favorite games back in the day.  There was also a ridiculously hard sequel on the PC I couldn't finish.  It was an early 3rd person 3D game as I recall.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7405 on: April 13, 2013, 08:57:20 am »

Bioshock Infinite. 2h in,. Really pretty game. Seems really good so far : )

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7406 on: April 13, 2013, 01:11:18 pm »

Shining Force, grinding Arthur so he can become a beast in the late game but peanuts can deal more damage than him. Also training up Khris and Gong instead of Lowe and letting them get some kills in with their beast damage output.

Wrapped up Shade Alley but the circus, scoffed when the Marionette went for melee and then "Oh shit" when she dealt fucking half my MC's HP in damage. Total beast and can one-shot half my party but thank you spotty AI!

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7407 on: April 13, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

Oh. My. Fucking. God damn.

Also, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. If you haven't played the first Luigi's Mansion, you're missing out on a fucking gem, let me tell you.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7408 on: April 13, 2013, 04:24:25 pm »

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon was actually leaked a few days ago, so if you have the computer to run it you can torrent it. Regardless, I am looking forward to it, goddamn.

And Dark Moon is amazing, I've been loving it.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7409 on: April 13, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »

Darksiders is dragging.  I normally like longer games but the way this one flows makes it seem super long in a bad way.

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: