The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 24, 2014, 07:32:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 568619 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7410 on: April 14, 2013, 12:16:59 am »

Been playing a bunch of random games, from Assassins Creed 3 to even the weabo Naruto Ninja Storm 3.

But mostly spending my time contemplating if I should get back on the horse that is WoW.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7411 on: April 16, 2013, 07:12:52 am »

Ending of Bioshock Infinite> Mind = Blown  Shocked Holy shiiiit!!!!

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7412 on: April 16, 2013, 08:29:35 am »

I need to get back to playing adventure games.  I tried to regain interest in playing Darksiders by playing it drunk, forgetting that twitch gaming does not work drunk.  Adventure gaming is the best drunk gaming.  It rarely involves anything like quick reflexes and it helps keeps your mind sharp.  

Seriously though, I REALLY want to finish Darksiders but the gadget driven boss battles are getting old.  War is becoming less like a walking embodiment of the apocalypse and more like a Batman wannabe.  The way the game has been going the last few times I've tried playing it is I reach a boss/mini-boss battle then say "fuck it" and quit.  After playing with the portal gun (I can only assume if this came out right after half life 2 it would have been a gravity gun) for a bit I found a mini boss who I obviously need to use the portal gun somehow to beat.  I said "fuck it" and quit.  Maybe I'll feel like facing him tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT:  Totally unrelated to Darksiders I tossed up a review of this years Tomb Raider reboot in the review thread.  http://www.thezombiehunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=350.msg121789#msg121789
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:17:47 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7413 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »

Stronghold: Crusader, Steam has the Stronghold Collection for $5 and that means Crusader for $5 and every other Stronghold game apart from the crappy 3 for free.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: April 18, 2013, 12:26:55 am »

Oh god, i did it.

I'm back into WoW, someone help me.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7415 on: April 20, 2013, 03:21:18 am »

I got Defiance for the PS3. I've gotta say, despite it's flaws I really enjoy it. Myself and about 30 others did an Ark Hunting mission where we had to destroy some crystals, and then destroy one big boss, it was pretty epic.
My main gripes so far are that there isn't a whole lot of variety with missions, though I'm hoping when the game gets some more updates and the show some more episodes we'll start to see more interesting missions. Another problem I had was the menus, I wanted to equip a perk on my loadout, so I hit X on the perk slot which would normally bring up the menu to select a perk... But I just got a blank screen, I was stuck there. So what I did was instead of trying to equip it from the loadout menu, I did it from the perk menu, which worked just fine.
The game shows some good potential, I hope with maybe a few patches and some updates it'll be really good.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7416 on: April 22, 2013, 05:04:52 am »

Far Cry 3 was on sale this weekend so I bought it.  I've only spent a few hours playing it and I still have mixed feelings though I really have done almost nothing with the story.  Mainly just exploring and hunting for upgrading my gear.  The biggest positive over FC2 is no more scouring the landscape for diamonds. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

Injustice: God among us.

Playing that.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7418 on: April 22, 2013, 08:48:29 pm »

Far Cry 3 was on sale this weekend so I bought it.  I've only spent a few hours playing it and I still have mixed feelings though I really have done almost nothing with the story.  Mainly just exploring and hunting for upgrading my gear.  The biggest positive over FC2 is no more scouring the landscape for diamonds. 

I really liked Far Cry 3... Until a certain point in the story. Then I completely lost interest and have yet to finish it.

At least, that's what I think.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7419 on: April 23, 2013, 01:36:31 am »

Dark Souls, owned Grey Wolf Sif Smiley

Half-Minute Hero, I'm stuck in Hero 3 Sad

Engrish as second language
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7420 on: April 23, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

Picked up Post Mortem, Counter-Strike (Remember playing it at school, sometimes on lunch breaks and in class whenever we used the computers) and something else, kinda like Blackwell.

It's not like I have other games to play.

Dungeons of Dredmor, pure Wizard and not putting any points into Radiant Wizard really hurts my game. Can only hit one at a time with Mathemancy (My only other offensive magic) and my pimped frosty shank can only do so much damage with my burning fists and poisoned tomb. Craploads of melee damage and even more for ranged but once I buff up Radiant Wizard, melee goes right out the window but the skills you get for it are so amazing.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7421 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:54 am »

Picked up Post Mortem

HK, if you don't have them already nab the Still Life pack.  You can get both games for less than 4 bucks this week (don’t buy them separately, grab the bundle deal) and they are sequels to Post Mortem.

I’ve been playing the hell out of Far Cry 3 whenever I have the chance.  It improved a lot of things over Far Cry 2 and so far I'm digging it.  Gripes do however include how annoying it is to use the bow for the rare animal hunts, (all my gear is maxed out with the exception of a couple of the rare animal skins I haven’t found yet) and how f#|<ing easy it is to get overwhelmed by animals out in the wild.  I've taken to carrying an entirely silent loadout with the exception of a shotgun so I can dispatch random wild animals without drawing the attention of every gun toting motherf#|<er within three miles but I've still managed to more than once take out one critter and then get jumped from behind by one or two more.  I do like the realism that you can often find predators hunting herd animals though. 

Things like that do fill the game with awesome moments though.  I've been focusing on clearing outposts without being detected which usually means I carefully scout around one to tag all the enemies before I start sniping them or whatever.  So I’m scouting a base that is surrounded by buffalo and I've been crawling around the big dumb animals the whole time.  As I'm finishing my circle of the outpost and getting ready to start sniping mofo's I hear a distinctly NON buffalo growl and turn to see a tiger is moving towards me, so far it's not making any sudden movements or even readying to pounce but it’s definitely tracking me so I start backing away from it and swap from my sniper rifle to my shotgun, then cursed and swapped to my silenced machine pistol because I want to drop the tiger without alerting the outpost.   Just as the tiger starts to crouch for his pounce and just as I’m pulling the trigger I hear an enemy guard start screaming “over there” and he starts shooting.  My first thought is “damn it, I backed up into his line of his sight and now this whole thing is going down the shitter” but nope, he’s throwing rounds at the tiger and the tiger immediately forgets about me and charges into the outpost, roaring and growling.  I got to watch him tear my enemies to pieces, got credit for taking the outpost undetected without lifting a finger, and when it was over I capped the badly wounded tiger with a burst from my silenced machine pistol and skinned him.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.  I’m apparently getting to the point where I can’t unlock anymore skills without playing story missions so I guess I should start that soon.  As soon as I finish unlocking weapons and upgrading my gear…

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7422 on: April 24, 2013, 10:53:56 am »

Got the Still Life Bundle back in the Winter Sale, haven't installed them but the first one was worth the price alone.

Finally beat Dungeons of Dredmor, on Dwarfish Moderation with Permadeath. Lost my kickass old saves and just plowed through with my most recent. Seriously, the mods helped out majorly. Radiant Wizard/Wild Magic boosts the shit out of your magic potential while kicking anything non-magic resistance or melee to the curb and Wild Magic provides with craptons of craft-able material. Synergizes with crafting skills and especially Alchemistry/Mixing Drinks to the point where I had enough booze to remain in a constant state of drunkenness. Ley Walker or the one with Ley Lines for MP Regen, Magic Training was probably unneeded as I was casting Recursive Curse for 6 Mana before I capped it out and Magic Pool Master might have been unneeded as a whole for the most part. Recursive Curse from Mathemancy lost it's oomph later on but the one before the cap for teleportation was invaluble. Might be another skill in magic that provides the same teleportation means through Mana instead of a Timed Skill.

And nothing in melee for the sole point of Radiant Wizard. Not content with dropkicking your defense, dodge, counter, block, armor and all the good defensive shit, it stacks debuffs upon debuffs, at least 6 when you get the bitching Prismatic Spray, which is the equivalence of a shotgun fired in a 3x2 rectangle infront of you. A shotgun that fires rocket pellets that explode into more explosives. To say it kicks ass against anything non-Dredmor isn't enough. It turns you into a God of War.

And yeah, wizardry. And runes, Rune of Stone is tops, doubly against Dredmor.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7423 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »

The famous Half Life mod "Cry of Fear" was released as a standalone game on steam today, meaning it doesn't require Half Life to play it like it originally did. I got it as I've been meaning to play it for awhile, but couldn't due to lacking the original Half Life. Well, unfortunately the game was released in a horribly buggy, broken, unplayable state. Why the devs would release it in such a state is beyond me. The game crashes within the first couple minutes of gameplay at a loading screen. Other people are experiencing missing game elements, like music, sound effects, etc, and crashing in other areas.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7424 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »

DAMN IT YUT THE FORUM WAS OBSERVING A DAY OF SILENCE DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY IT IS?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:07:25 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: