The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 16, 2014, 06:55:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 556   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 490171 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7485 on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:12 am »

SMT, DS: Soul Hackers.

Pretty good so far, the only thing pissing me off is the loyalty bullcrap.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7486 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:27 am »

I'll probably be posting reviews for Call of Juarez Gunslinger and the first Book of Unwritten Tales game shortly.  I beat both recently and am currently playing the Book of Unwritten tales prequel "Critter Chronicles."  Also I've been playing a little of Red Orchestra 2 again.  The game is brilliantly in depth and realistic, almost brutally so.  I keep forgetting to adjust my sights for distance shots and therefore tend to suck as a sniper.  I also massively fail as a tank commander, I keep wedging my tanks in trenches or getting them caught on the corners of buildings.  But I do very well in building clearing which is good since that makes up the majority of the Stalingard campaign.  Though one of my favorite moments was when I spawned with an anti tank rifle and there were no enemy tanks left on the map.  The anti tank rifle bullets drop very little and the range is ridiculous.  Shooting infantry with it is way overkill but also way funny.

Also holy crap... 500 pages?

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: June 03, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »

Soon I will be playing SMT 3: Nocturne and Persona 4.

State of Decay also comes out this Wednesday.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7488 on: June 03, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

omg I heard about that, so excited for State of Decay.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7489 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:52 am »

Finally played some Red Orchestra 2 multiplayer.  Holy shit I may have a new favorite MP game.  I spent most of last night crewing a tank with a friend on Skype and the two of us wreaked unholy destruction across the battlefield together.  The dudes who set out in a tank with an AI crew, or with another player without a microphone are at huge disadvantage.  We danced around them and blew the crap out of them, once managing a nine kill streak before we were brought down by three tanks who managed to attack us at the same time (and we were running out of ammo anyway).  The infantry levels aren't bad either.  RO2 treads the line between shooter and battle sim and has a lot more depth than I originally gave it credit for.  The learning curve is a little steep but it's well worth playing and it really rewards good team play. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7490 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »

Downloading the trial for State of Decay RIGHT NOW. I am so excite.

EDIT: Played a bit of it. It's a bit rough around the edges, but is otherwise a great game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:16:10 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7491 on: June 06, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

My review for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is up.  Short story is, shooter fans and old west fans need to play this.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7492 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:57 am »

Played some Starwars Starfighter. Pretty obvious it was ported from consoles. No graphical settings at all, not even control options, I had to mash keys to find out what everything does. Still, fun game.

Tried out Thief. Man this game is hard, the mechanics are straightforward, but your dude moves soooo slow, and you go even slower when sneaking. I tried to sneak up on a guy sleeping in a bed, but he instantly woke up when I got close to him. I was sneaking and everything, and he was asleep. I don't get it.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7493 on: June 07, 2013, 05:50:12 am »

You fill me with great nostalgia.  The Thief games were awesome. 

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7494 on: June 08, 2013, 08:42:34 pm »

So I bought State of Decay.  One of my friends and my brother both highly recommended it, I downloaded the demo and was sold.  But the demo doesn't really let you get far enough into the game to see the flaws.  I was going to put this in the PP thread but it didn't seem to fit so I'll drop it here.

PP: I like state of decay in theory, it has a lot going for it but the more I play it the more it's pissing me off.  I already restarted once because a glitch caused me to lose two characters and all their gear which was pretty much impossible to come back from at the stage of the game I was in.  Now, way into my second play-through, I lost my best character in the stupidest manner possible.  I park my truck, get out.  A feral zombie leaps out of the fucking bushes and proceeds to rape me.  By the time I knock him down but before I can stand up again four more zombies show up to juggle me around until the feral zombie regains his feet and then proceeds to get his rape on again until I'm torn in half.  Total time elapsed between the point the character I thought was the most badass motherfucker to ever kill a zombie leaves his truck to the time he gets raped, gang raped then raped again?  About ten seconds.  Fuck, Dark Souls hasn't even pissed me off this much.  That plus the frame rate stutters, bizarre random physics glitches, a vehicle repair feature that doesn't seem to work and community maintenance side missions that pop so often it's a struggle to proceed through the storyline sort of has me regretting I bought it.  Rumor is a patch is already in the works but not sure what it's supposed to fix.  Fucking game...

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:00 pm »

So I bought State of Decay.  One of my friends and my brother both highly recommended it, I downloaded the demo and was sold.  But the demo doesn't really let you get far enough into the game to see the flaws.  I was going to put this in the PP thread but it didn't seem to fit so I'll drop it here.

PP: I like state of decay in theory, it has a lot going for it but the more I play it the more it's pissing me off.  I already restarted once because a glitch caused me to lose two characters and all their gear which was pretty much impossible to come back from at the stage of the game I was in.  Now, way into my second play-through, I lost my best character in the stupidest manner possible.  I park my truck, get out.  A feral zombie leaps out of the fucking bushes and proceeds to rape me.  By the time I knock him down but before I can stand up again four more zombies show up to juggle me around until the feral zombie regains his feet and then proceeds to get his rape on again until I'm torn in half.  Total time elapsed between the point the character I thought was the most badass motherfucker to ever kill a zombie leaves his truck to the time he gets raped, gang raped then raped again?  About ten seconds.  Fuck, Dark Souls hasn't even pissed me off this much.  That plus the frame rate stutters, bizarre random physics glitches, a vehicle repair feature that doesn't seem to work and community maintenance side missions that pop so often it's a struggle to proceed through the storyline sort of has me regretting I bought it.  Rumor is a patch is already in the works but not sure what it's supposed to fix.  Fucking game...

The game can do without the special zombies.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7496 on: June 09, 2013, 12:08:03 am »

You make it sound like the death of your character is the games fault. I think you're overreacting a bit, It's not Dead Rising or whatever, there's no hand holding. You can die easily, and since I've been cautious I've had no deaths as of yet, I've come close, but I've done a good job of approaching situations with caution, dicking around will get you killed. The most I've had in the way of glitches is this weird thing where I shot a zombie and he bounced into the air, and then texture pop in, which is more an xbox thing I think (I really fucking wish they released it on PS3).

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:41 am »

Just to add in there is a way to cheat death.

When your going through the death animation, hit home and press y to return you to the main menu thingy of your console.

Or turning your system off works I believe, haven't tried that, but when you return to the game it will return your character back home with a slither of health left.

Also kicked Thor's little ass in Nocturne, hell of a fight though. First time he turned my demons inside out and proceeded to lay into me resulting in my untimely death.

Then on my second time against him I got myself an Archangel with Tarukaja, and then had focus on myself. Was laying about 400 damage per hit with my MC. Still lost a couple of demons do to Thors immense lightning skills.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:59:46 am by Gezkill » Logged

"Dakkadakkadakka"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7498 on: June 09, 2013, 10:00:27 am »

Losing two characters and their top flight gear due to a glitch is definitely the games fault. 

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7499 on: June 09, 2013, 11:06:32 am »

Yeah, but losing a guy because you got gang raped by zombies doesn't sound like a glitch. What happened to the other two anyways? I know the game has glitches, but I've never encountered anything I'd call major.

EDIT: I was browsing /v/ and found out something they're removing with the new patch...

"When you turn the game off, it runs a simulation. When you turn the game on after some time passes, shit happens that you cannot control. Morale drops, people die, supplies get used up a ton. Its fucking retarded, especially after you play it and enjoy it and when you get back the next day BAM 2 people die and your supplies are dwindling"

I was never aware of this, but now that I know, I'm glad they're removing it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:06:15 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 556   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: