The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 26, 2014, 12:04:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 571392 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7515 on: June 11, 2013, 09:50:10 pm »

Smash bros....
Megaman... Can't wait.

Seriously upset though, nothing new on SMT X Fire Emblem.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7516 on: June 11, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

I'm upset that Retro isn't making a Metroid to right the wrong that was Other M.

Playing Dust: An Elysian Tale... I remember now why I stopped playing this, so boring.

EDIT: More State of Decay... I just realized B button is ALSO a dodge button. This is so handy.

EDIT: My inner /k/ is rustled. I just noticed the picture of the bullet they have for .357 Magnum is a .357 SIG round. >:I
Anyways, State of Decay is going good... One thing I'm a bit confused about, I used the radio thing to try and find places nearby that have ammo, and I was told some places were marked for me, so I opened the map, and there was no actual marks... Is it because I'm in the middle of nowhere? I moved to the farm that's sorta out in the farmlands.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:23:01 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7517 on: June 12, 2013, 06:07:58 am »

EDIT: More State of Decay... I just realized B button is ALSO a dodge button. This is so handy.
If only someone had posted an in depth game guide on our forum that talked about how awesome the B button was  angel
Anyways, State of Decay is going good... One thing I'm a bit confused about, I used the radio thing to try and find places nearby that have ammo, and I was told some places were marked for me, so I opened the map, and there was no actual marks... Is it because I'm in the middle of nowhere? I moved to the farm that's sorta out in the farmlands.
Documented bug, one that isn't being addressed in the first patch. 

Speaking of my guide I need to fix a number of typos and do some sort of formatting.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7518 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:09 pm »

Tried a bit of League of Legends with a friend... I really do not get this game at all, so I went playing a bit of Planetside 2.

Engrish as second language
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: June 12, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »

More Nocturne.

Aiming for the True Demon route, heard its hard as balls though. But I heard its worth the effort because not only is it the cannon ending to the game, but you become one of the most powerful characters in the whole franchise.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7520 on: June 13, 2013, 03:10:02 am »

Beat State of Decay. It may have its problems, but it's easily one of the better zombie games I've played. I hope Undead Labs makes a sequel of some kind that improves upon this one.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7521 on: June 13, 2013, 06:19:39 am »

I was very "meh" about the ending.  I'm hoping they do some DLC to add a new area so you can continue the game. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7522 on: June 13, 2013, 12:35:43 pm »

Eh for me the story wasn't really the focus of it. Jim Sterling's review reflects how I feel about the game well though...

"State of Decay is ugly. It looks ugly, and in many ways it plays ugly. However, there's a simple beauty underneath the frightful veneer, one that surrounds a compelling, interesting, complex, and enslaving little game. There is absolutely more to this game than meets the eye, and despite the overwhelming amount of zombie games vying for our attention, this is certainly one I'm glad to see in the world.

Few zombie games, for all their marketing power and visual sheen, can come close to providing what State of Decay does."

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7523 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »

Stronghold Crusader + Extreme, doing the Trail missions and it's just as fun as I remember it. Still horrible at making proper castles but walling everything off and creating moats (Figured that out recently) is still a viable strategy.

Eh, I go into the store a few times a month, and he usually gives me really straightforward reviews of games. Every once in a while we'll have a light-hearted bicker session about a game, but this time he just refused to believe that I hated it because it was hateworthy. Also, if you ever feel like going old school on PS2 or Xbox and want to have your ass blown off from awesomeness, get SSX 3.

The first and second couldn't compare, On Tour didn't have the music to compare and 3's 30 minute mountain ride is always amazing.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: June 14, 2013, 01:08:13 am »

Oh god, what an embarrassment.

Was up against the final cat boss in the Assembly of Nihilo, buffed up my whole party and used fog breath against him, he proceeded to use the anti-bubble shield, at first I thought it just nullified my debuffs on him.

To my horror when my focused lunge boomerang and basically melted my face in one shot.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7525 on: June 14, 2013, 01:32:03 am »

Defeated the Bed of Chaos in DS. Fuck that shit. Fuck it so bad. At least it's done and over with.

EDIT: Downloading the latest PSN+ freebies... XCom? Check. Deus Ex? Check. Uncharted 3? Wait wtf, 40gbs? U AVIN A GIGL M8?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:05:30 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7526 on: June 14, 2013, 04:43:30 am »

Eh for me the story wasn't really the focus of it. Jim Sterling's review reflects how I feel about the game well though...
The story was pretty much an afterthought to the community management which I was with, but I still like to feel like I accomplished something when I finish a game.  The "insert sequel/DLC expansion" non-ending has always been a peeve of mine.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7527 on: June 14, 2013, 12:37:47 pm »

I think if anything I'm more satisfied I kept my people alive and well as long as I did. Setting up at the Farmhouse is a great way to go, really. The only thing I had issues finding was ammo, seems most of it was at the carnival, which isn't available till later.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7528 on: June 14, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »

I avoided the farmhouse.  I actually seemed to have problems with zombies endlessly attacking in the countryside than I did in the cities.  I liked the big warehouse on the edge of Marshall.  The fact that it was on the edge of town limited the directions seemed to approach from and the storeroom it had was nice.  I set up outposts in the gun stores and while I was always low on ammo I never actually ran out, outposts generate resources each day which is handy.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7529 on: June 14, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »

Hmm, I never had problems with the farmhouse. I may have to try that warehouse in marshall next though. And I'll definitely be setting up outposts at gunshops.

Also, picking up The Last Of Us soon, can't wait.

EDIT: The Last Of Us. Sooo gooooood. Also, pre ordering the game got me $50 off a PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset, which is normally $100, and man, it fucking rocks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:05:48 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: