The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 08:51:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 525053 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7530 on: June 15, 2013, 09:18:59 am »

Just went and put down 5 bucks for Shin Megami Tensei IV, can't wait.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7531 on: June 15, 2013, 10:43:29 am »

@Yut, the three outposts I know for sure generate ammo are the two gun stores (one in each town) and the Police station in Marshall.  If you upgrade your watchtower to a sniping platform you can rent it out for weapons training which gets you some ammo but the downside being that your NPCs wont use it for home defense while it's rented out.

One thing that does impress be about this game is the sheer variety of weapons.  I'm in my third game and I'm STILL coming across guns I haven't seen before.  This latest game I have found so many awesome shotguns.  But of course virtually no shotgun shells.  The exact opposite for the grenade launcher.  I'm always finding shells for it but still haven't seen one in any of my games.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7532 on: June 15, 2013, 12:07:56 pm »

Yeah I'm very impressed by the amount of guns. There's like every model of glock in there, I found a Rhino... Even found an M107 .50 rifle (Which causes your character to jerk back when you shoot it).

I'll keep those buildings in mind for outposts though. Can never have enough ammo.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: June 15, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »

Some more Nocturne, just hit level 37 and got my first fiend and probably best demon ever.

Also at the tunnels, completely dark. Guessing I'm going to need an item or spell to get past this part.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:21:53 pm by Gezkill » Logged

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7534 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

I'm playing the last of us right now, and It's... Good. It's a stealth game through and through, but the thing I love about it is how absolutely nervewracking it gets when the infected are involved. The normal infected are your typical rage virus fare, but the clickers... Oh god the clickers.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7535 on: June 16, 2013, 04:59:10 pm »

State of Decay still/again.  My NPC's are almost all packing shotguns since that's been about all I've found this playthrough.  And my NPC's are all bitching because they have no ammo for the shotguns.  9mil and .22 are the two most common ammos in the game but no one wants to carry the little .22 revolvers.  No, they want the AA12 and that semi auto Russian shotty built on the AK frame.  I can't blame them but damn guys, look at what we have ammo for! 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7536 on: June 16, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »

Beat The Last Of Us... I had some problems with it...

I picked the game up on launch, really excited for the game, I've always adored Naught Dogs work, from Jak, all the way up to Uncharted. Everything I had seen about The Last Of Us just looked fantastic. I just beat the game today, and I can't say I was totally satisfied with the experience, that's not to say I think the game is bad, but I think this is just like Bioshock Infinite in that it's not as good as people are making it out to be.
The one problem I had was the length of the game, normally you hear people complain about how a game is too short... In this case I think The Last Of Us could have been trimmed down a bit, I clocked in at about 12-13 hours upon completion, and in the latter quarter of the game I just really wanted to be done with it. There was nothing to really change up the pace, or any interesting new challeneges, just... sneak around (or shoot, if you prefer) bad guys, or boost this person up or whatever, for 12 hours. There was some portions of the game that just felt like blatant filler, specifically a portion towards the end, it felt totally unnecessary, and didn't add anything to the plot of the game, it was just kinda... there.

I'm a big fan of the stealth genre of games, and I found the stealth elements of this game to be really weak, partially due to how erratic and oddly the enemies would move, and because of it I found the outcome usually ended up me stealth killing some of them, and then being forced to kill the rest. This especially happened a lot towards the end, enemies seemed setup in such a way that there was no way for me to sneak past. This is especially annoying because the game encourages sneaking to conserve your precious resources.

Really, those are my two biggest complaints, the former being the bigger of the two. The game was, for the most part, relatively enjoyable, but there were parts that just dragged on, and in all I just didn't find the game enjoyable enough in the end to warrant wanting to replay it. Really, even though I think the concept of an infectious fungus is pretty cool, the game is still just another zombie game, no matter how you phrase it. But I sold it today, and got my money back, basically (and yes, I did try the multiplayer, couldn't really get into it).

Again though, I want to say I don't think it's bad, but I don't think it's quite deserving of the flying 9s and 10s it's been getting. The game is very well written with characters I got attached to, the music was fantastic and moody, the game looked great, it played well for the most part, and the art direction is gorgeous, I just love the look of nature reclaiming the ruins of cities, but I just couldn't get past the repetition of it or how much it dragged on.

I'd probably give the game a B or B- maybe.

Also what the fuck happened to the spoiler button?

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7537 on: June 16, 2013, 11:18:10 pm »

What State of Decay really needs is a survival mode sort of like Dead Rising.  Strip the story out and just see how long you can keep your survivors and home base going.  Because as much as they tried the game flirts with desperation but never quite achieves it.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7538 on: June 16, 2013, 11:21:03 pm »

Yeah I would really like that too.

EDIT: Just killed Pinwheel in Dark Souls in two hits. Well okay then.

EDIT: State of Decay is the fastest selling XBLA game, Steam version coming, Sandbox mode also coming.

EDIT: Beat Dark Souls. I have officially become a man.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:58:51 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7539 on: June 18, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »

Grimgrimoire, a total 270 from the brutal ass kicking that is Odin Sphere. But it's fun, and has that same visual flare. And Phantoms, so badass.

Thanks to Yut for making me realize, but did you guys replace the spoiler button with cake?

Ninja'd: 863
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: June 18, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »

I've restarted in State of Decay for the third or fourth time now. There's always something that bugs me every time I start out, or I end up losing someone I really like at some point, so...reset!

Last game before the most current restart, my cop, Martin, got sick. Tried to get him to leave, but he wouldn't, so I switched over to him and sent him off in the most epic way I could think of. Gave him a bat, a shotgun, a stack of snacks and meds, and some grenades, and proceeded to take on every horde I could find. I think I cleared out five our six of them before I was out of everything but grenades and my bat had broken. By this point, hardass Martin was staggering around, heavily injured and incredibly fatigued, and hobbled his ass right into the next horde, who then proceeded to tear him apart. Or rather, they would have had he not whipped out his last grenade and took them down with him, his final words being "SUCK IT."

Achievement unlocked, motherfucker.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7541 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:34 am »

More State of Decay, relocated to the trucking garage. I just cannot find a fucking vehicle expert or whatever it is for me to repair vehicles. Also, I wish the bigger the location you decide to stay at, the more slots you got for things to build. Like seriously, the garage is huge. Also, figured the skill thing out, can't believe I didn't notice it before. I gave Marcus that slow-mo skill, which is a lot of fun, and really handy for quickly clearing rooms.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7542 on: June 19, 2013, 04:31:35 am »

The trucking garage is awesome.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7543 on: June 19, 2013, 07:53:41 am »

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I REGRET NOTHING.

Actually, it's the only game that I can kinda play with my kind of schedule. Burrrrrrrlglggh

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7544 on: June 19, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »

I'd hate working on a schedule that kept me from my video games. D:

EDIT: Apparently The War Z is having its name changed to Infestation: Survivor Stories. I'm just surprised that miserable pile of trash is still around, the fact that they're still around will just make other devs think it's okay to scam and lie to players, because The War Z is clearly getting away with it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:32:20 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 559   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: