The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 23, 2014, 04:48:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 587037 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7590 on: July 07, 2013, 11:58:48 am »

Just got ∀ Gundam, going to blast some Dimension Beasts with it.

I don't know if I should continue with the Macross Route or go with the Big O route.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:00:53 pm by Gezkill » Logged

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7591 on: July 07, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »

That does suck.  I picked up that bundle a long time ago and keep meaning to replay those games, that's a huge disappointment.

EDIT:  Found a thread on the Steam forums that talks about possible fixes.  Sounds like it's a real crapshoot getting them to work.  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717375

EDITED EDIT:  They work on my PC, all I had to do was set the Thief.exe to run as admin and install the indeo codec.  The codec install link is in that thread somewhere.

Oh perfect, thanks, I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Just beat the first part of The Walking Dead: 400 Days, so far so good.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:51:04 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7592 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:26 am »

Oh perfect, thanks, I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Just beat the first part of The Walking Dead: 400 Days, so far so good.
Beat the whole thing last night.  Replaying it to get a "better" ending and to try to get the rock paper scissors achievement.  And seriously, fuck luck based achievements.  Fuck them so hard.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7593 on: July 08, 2013, 11:55:16 am »

Yeah I want to do the same. In the end one character ended up staying back at camp, and I abandoned Eddie... I wanna see if that's avoidable.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7594 on: July 08, 2013, 12:06:07 pm »

Eddie abandoned me so I don't think getting them seperated is avoidable.  Which character hung back for you?  For me it was Vince.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7595 on: July 08, 2013, 02:38:40 pm »

Russel for me. I abandoned Eddie after I won the Rock Paper Scissors... Not sure if that can be avoided or not.

EDIT: Doom 2 with Project Saturn X level pack, and Project MSX. Project MSX is fucking amazing, adds a bunch of sort of modern features, while still keeping the game frantic and fast paced. There's weapons from various games, like Crysis, and FEAR, you can charge your punch and do a super punch, charge your grenades, dodge, sprint, etc. It's a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:34:04 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7596 on: July 09, 2013, 08:14:42 am »

The last Doom/Doom2 mod I played around with was ZDoom which at the time I thought was pretty great.  Mouselook, jumping, GL graphics support with particles and compentent DM bots.  Having each plasma ball give off it's own light source was fun.  And giving someone both barrels with the sawed off shotgun was better than ever.  I may have to check out this MSX thing...

EDIT:  The games for gold thing on XBox live is pretty cool.  I've been playing Fable 3 which was free a couple weeks ago.  Then I ended getting most of the DLC for it because I'm weak.  It's not bad but so far I liked Fable 2 better.  Also there was some sale going on last week, I ended up getting Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and Hitman Absolution, both games I've been meaning to pick up but never got around to.  Digital download games are going to be the death of me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:27:37 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7597 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:38 am »

ZDoom is a source port really, it just adds lots of options and features of modern games, like mouse look, more graphical options, etc. Newest version of ZDoom doesn't have the open gl rendering stuff, unfortunately. I've been using another source port called GZDoom which has tons of great features, like adjustable HUD, and the open gl stuff. Another program you can get that works alongside GZDoom is called ZDL, it's like a launcher of sorts. You add a source port, the IWADs (Doom, Doom 2, Hexen, Strife, whatever), and then you can add additional WADs to the game... So like mods, or new levels. It's really great.

This is the Mod I've been using recently.

EDIT: Just got a mod called "Russian Overkill", it's absolutely balls to the wall insane. You pick one of three manly russian characters, who each have unique melee combos, special abilities, and starting weapons. There's dozens of totally absurd and over the top weapons... Orbital lasers, rail guns, dual revolvers that fire seeking rockets as an alt fire, there's even a gun with an alt fire that'll skip you to the next level.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:12:28 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: July 10, 2013, 07:48:59 pm »

I picked up Brutal Doom.

Its pretty..Brutal.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7599 on: July 10, 2013, 10:52:20 pm »

If you want something even more crazy, give Russian Overkill a try.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:47 am »

Picked up Indigo Prophecy on the 360. I shit thee not, there is a yo-yo minigame. This is a supernatural murder mystery, and I'm sitting here getting frustrated over screwing up the yo-yo commands.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7601 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:59 am »

Picked up Indigo Prophecy on the 360. I shit thee not, there is a yo-yo minigame. This is a supernatural murder mystery, and I'm sitting here getting frustrated over screwing up the yo-yo commands.
Wasnt that out for the last gen with a different title?  That was a weird game. 

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: July 12, 2013, 05:14:31 am »

It was released as both Indigo Prophecy and Fahrenheit, I think. I read somewhere that they changed it to prevent confusion with Fahrenheit 9/11 or something. And yeah, it's weird as hell, but I kinda like it. Ever since Telltale came out with The Walking Dead, I've wanted to check out more "interactive story" type games.

Fun fact: I sat through an uncomfortable sex scene for two minutes before I realized it was on a loop.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7603 on: July 12, 2013, 06:19:18 am »

The one you had to break up with the phone call?  Yea that dragged on way too long.  I remember there was a guitar playing mini game that felt completely out of place with the rest of the game.  The biggest problem I had with the game (other than the fact it gets SIGNIFICANTLY weirder in the last portion) was that the simon says control scheme distracts from the action you're supposed to care about.  One of the best examples of that is there is a chase scene later where you REALLY want to watch the action that's going on but you're focussed on the "controls" that you can't enjoy it.  That always stuck with me because one of my friends watched me play it (it was his copy of the game I was borrowing) and his comment was "I had no idea how awesome that part was when I played it."  And I STILL don't know exactly how awesome it was because I never got the chance to watch someone else play it.  But it was worth playing, the game had some cool concepts.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: July 12, 2013, 10:58:41 am »

I picked up Defiance on steam summer sale for 10 bucks.

Its pretty fun, the EGO mechanics is pretty cool to boot and i like the design of the weapons in the game.

And also some Mechwarrior Online on the side because hey why not.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: