The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 12:03:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 567395 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7620 on: July 15, 2013, 02:43:47 pm »

Some Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate.

Finally downed me my first Pink Rath while I was waiting for my car to be repaired.

Also come tomorrow Shin Megami Tensei: IV.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7621 on: July 15, 2013, 03:18:16 pm »

TRYING to play Fallout New Vegas, unfortunately it crashes upon exiting Doc Mitchell's house right at the start of the game.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7622 on: July 15, 2013, 03:19:47 pm »

I almost, ALMOST picked that up on Steam because it was so damn cheap and it would cost me like 20 bucks to finish buying the DLC on XBox I don't already have.  But I can't piss away nearly 300 hours of gameplay and restart.  Ugh, it hurts just thinking about.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7623 on: July 15, 2013, 04:18:56 pm »

I got it for mods. Also, fixed the issue I was having. Now a new issue arises, the one site to get mods for the game is broken as fuck, constant errors and site crashes.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7624 on: July 16, 2013, 07:53:43 am »

The Steam summer sale is really testing my resolve and budget.  But I couldn't pass up Dishonored and all the DLC for sixteen bucks.  Can't wait for this to finish downloading so I can play it.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: July 16, 2013, 10:24:58 pm »

Shin Megami Tensei IV

I am enjoying it so far. Those purist will get made that dying isn't an insta game over and if you do die you start shortly before the encounter.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7626 on: July 16, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »

Just beat the first level of the new Metro DLC missions. It was fucking terrible.

You play as one of the bad guys of the Reich, and (from what I've played of the level so far) you have to fight off waves of enemies. You also start the levels on whatever difficulty you were last playing in the campaign. Doesn't sound that bad, right?

Well, I was last playing Ranger mode in the campaign, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if there was actual cover in the level. There's only one chest high wall that doesn't fully conceal you, you can move backwards down a small ramp to get lower, but it is still possible to get shot here, as enemies can apparently shoot through half of the only cover you have.

On my first attempt, I got a checkpoint at very low health, and since it's nigh impossible to avoid damage, I would restart my last checkpoint only to die immediately, forcing me to restart the level from scratch.

Another issue comes from playing on ranger mode. You start off with a minigun, and then receive a new weapon, a rail gun. Shortly after you get another new weapon handed to you by an NPC, a grenade launcher, but since ranger mode only allows you to carry two weapons, the grenade launcher appears to disappear from your inventory entirely upon switching weapons. If you do switch the grenade launcher, and it disappears, you won't be able to complete the level, because you need it to destroy a tank.

After a death count comparable to your average boss in Dark Souls, I was finally able to beat the level, I sure as fuck hope the other two are better, because that first one was one of the most god awful things I have played.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7627 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:39 pm »

Downloaded Firefall, not terrible. I don't know how often I'll play it alone, though.

At least, that's what I think.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:10 am »

Motherfucking Indigo Prophecy. I just watched Lucas pull off some crazy Matrix shit. Running up walls, bullet dodging, jumping really goddamn high.

So why why WHY IN THE FUCK do I have to bother with this goddamn pain in the ass fence climbing command that never wants to fucking work even when I sweep the goddamn stick in the right goddamn motherfucking direction!? Someone hold me back, because this controller is about to go flying.

Fuck Dark Souls. You want to suffer a soul-crushing defeat time and time again? Try climbing a fucking fence in Indigo Prophecy.

EDIT: I CLIMBED THE FENCE! And guess what? Right after it, I found ANOTHER FUCKING FENCE. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR ME AUGH
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:34:48 am by TeeZee » Logged
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7629 on: July 17, 2013, 01:17:39 am »

The Polis Stalker level of the DLC more than makes up for the incredibly shitty first level. Basically, you're back in the library from the first game, and it's this big open ended non-linear level. You have a bunch of items you need to scavenge for and bring back to base, where you exchange the found stuff for cartridges to buy more gear.

EDIT: Oh god the aforementioned level is fucking scary at night. Especially when you have surround sound headphones on. It's so nerve wracking when you hear the heavy footfalls of the librarians.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:38:20 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7630 on: July 17, 2013, 09:13:21 am »

Friggin MMO's, my backlog continues to grow and I keep playing them.  Like I wanted to spend last night playing Dishonored, instead I barely started the intro level.  Why?  Because I logged into a stupid MMO "just for a minute, I want to do some inventory management," then ended up hooking up with one of my clan mates for a "few" runs that ended up taking most of the night.  I mean it was fun, but I always end up looking at my backlog afterward and feeling guilty.   I did get some good loot drops though.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: July 17, 2013, 10:44:29 am »

Holy crap, got to this part of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv_dZTWUB-Q and he just tore my Demons apart like it was nothing.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7632 on: July 17, 2013, 11:52:12 pm »

Beat all the DLC levels for Last Light. Each of the three plays differently.
Heavy Squad of the Reich Faction is for those who like action, and mowing down tons of enemies, this level is also the one I was complaining about. There's very little cover, and the enemies can shoot through some of the cover, and since the DLC levels start you off on whatever difficulty you were playing in the campaign, I was stuck on Ranger, which made this level an absolute nightmare. I've since replayed it on Normal, and it's a lot less crushing, playing it on Ranger makes it an incredibly unfun experience.

Kshatriya of the Polis Faction is for those who like to explore, instead of being a linear experience, it's a big open level. Your task is to collect 30 artifacts, however you can still complete the level if you don't find them all, and are able to get the much sought after Metro tunnel map book. You get to return to the familiar, and much dreaded library from Metro 2033, where you'll once again face the scary as all hell Librarians. As you go along, you'll discover short cuts that'll take you quickly from one area to another, so you don't always have to go the long way.

And Sniper Team of the Red Line Faction is for those who like stealth, you'll get to pick off enemies with a suppressed sniper rifle, and slit some Reich Throats. Not much else to say about this one.

EDIT: Man what's up with the steam sales lately, they're nowhere near as good as last years. Today they have fucking War Z/Infestation: Survivor Stories on sale. Yeah, like anyone with some common sense will play that pos. I dunno previous summer sales felt like they had more.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:24:43 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7633 on: July 18, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »

Last Summer Sale was one of the best Steam sales ever.  Seriously, I spent over 200 bucks on it without regret.  I'm not sure if I now own damn near everything worth owning or if they're just not putting good games on sale but since the Fall/Winter sale of last year they've been sucking.  Though I still need to get off my ass and unlock the Steampunk Mrs. Foster for Killing Floor.  The sales and related KF seasonal events are always a good excuse to dust off KF again.

EDIT:  Playing Dishonored and so far not super into it (just about to start the first real mission so I'm hoping it gets better.) But so far it just feels like another bastard offpsring of System Shock 2 at best and at worst Bioshock with a Steampunk paint job though there are glimmers that's it's going to become its own thing so I'm hopeful.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:13:31 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7634 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »

Well, Dishonored is supposed to be a stealth game, unlike System Shock and Bioshock.

Speaking of games, got Deus Ex 1 for cheap off steam... Hoping the STALKER games will go on sale, so I can buy the first one.

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: