The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 03:24:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 567575 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7635 on: July 18, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »

That's the thing, I love stealth games.  Coming with the pedigree it does (ex Looking Glass members and Dues Ex alumni) I was expecting it to feel more like Thief than it does.  Is it too much to ask for an on screen concealment indicator?  Maybe one unlocks later.  I hope so.  Also despite the fact I liked the intro to Dishonored the story really hasn't hooked me yet.  I was invested in Thief by the end of the training tutorial.  Dues Ex I was fully immersed before I got off Liberty Island.  I was jumping at my own shadow and on the beginning of a sleepless three day weekend twenty minutes after I popped out of the cryo tube in System Shock 2.  I don't know why but despite the fact they obviously put effort into developing the world for Dishonored it's yet to pull me in.  Maybe it's the fact that the items that glow when I am at them and the "audiogram" devices feel right out of Bioshock/Doom 3/System Shock 2 etc that make me feel like I've been there done that before.  But like I said, I'm hoping that changes once I finally get going on the first real mission.

EDIT:  And I very much played Bioshock and SS 2 like stealth games.  The best games are the ones you can form fit to your own preferences.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:56:09 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7636 on: July 18, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

How do you play Bioshock as a stealth game?

And yeah, from what I remember Dishonored stealth is like Metal Gear Solid... Less about hiding in the shadows, and really more just hiding under/behind shit.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7637 on: July 18, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »

Bioshock had some great melee/stealth tonics.  I can't remember my exact loadout off the top of my head but from mid game on I clocked 90% of the enemies on the back of the head and saved ammo for Big Daddy fights.  Which was the polar opposite of how I played Bioshock 2, which was as a flame spewing drill murderer. 

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: July 18, 2013, 10:21:16 pm »

They should rename SMT IV to you are going to die....Allot.

Fuck even with the XP dlc I'm still getting my butt pushed in.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7639 on: July 19, 2013, 09:38:22 pm »

Pre ordered splinter cell blacklist, and got EarthBound for the Wii U, which is really awesome so far.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: July 20, 2013, 12:33:01 am »

I have now reached the point where I wish I hadn't bought Indigo Prophecy. At the beginning, I really enjoyed it. The story was intriguing, and I rather liked the idea of playing as both the fugitive and the detectives. The controls were kind of shit, but I overlooked that because I was liking what was going on.

Then I had to climb things and shit started getting weird.

I get that they had to rush the later parts of the game, but that isn't making them any less awful. Once I beat this game, I'm deleting it from my XBox and never buying anything without sufficient research again.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7641 on: July 20, 2013, 04:54:19 am »

Weird definitely sums it up.  But it's worth playing once.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: July 20, 2013, 05:09:38 am »

Once, and once only. Never again will I subject myself to...the climbing...
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7643 on: July 20, 2013, 03:23:15 pm »

Bought Torchlight II and Poker Night 2.

Me: I'm gonna play Torchlight to make it my go to night off game!
-plays poker 2 instead-

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7644 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:35 pm »

More earthbound. This game has the absolute most unsettling music, my god.

NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7645 on: July 20, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »

Dead Island Riptide, Saints Row, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age Origins all depending on what mood I'm in. Also in a Dragon Age tabletop group every Monday with my best friend and his cousins.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7646 on: July 20, 2013, 11:38:53 pm »

Doom 2 with Russian Overkill. I love mods.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7647 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

Friggin MMO's, my backlog continues to grow and I keep playing them.  Like I wanted to spend last night playing Dishonored, instead I barely started the intro level.  Why?  Because I logged into a stupid MMO "just for a minute, I want to do some inventory management," then ended up hooking up with one of my clan mates for a "few" runs that ended up taking most of the night.  I mean it was fun, but I always end up looking at my backlog afterward and feeling guilty.   I did get some good loot drops though.

This is me for Puzzle Pirates. Pop on for a SF round or two and I'm dragged into a tourney for 25k where my "Fill the entire screen with yellow pieces before I get my ass handed to me by a brutal counter slaughter attack" was turned against me and then a few other 5k games where I lost and had to fight tooth and nail to get back to breaking even.
And then the CIs, some people can't token for crap but then again, Bilge is pretty tough to token for. Or do well in.

Last Summer Sale was one of the best Steam sales ever.  Seriously, I spent over 200 bucks on it without regret.  I'm not sure if I now own damn near everything worth owning or if they're just not putting good games on sale but since the Fall/Winter sale of last year they've been sucking.  Though I still need to get off my ass and unlock the Steampunk Mrs. Foster for Killing Floor.  The sales and related KF seasonal events are always a good excuse to dust off KF again.

This again, TLO speaks my mind for me. Spent a crapton of bucks on cheap ass games last time, a few I shouldn't have and most of them 5+ years old. Buffed out my Steam library, got no badge for it and haven't touched 60% of them. Got most games worth owning if we're talking about older games but missed out on rebuying Kotor I and a few other games I already have discs for and agree with TLO again, the previous ones kicked the shit out of the current summer one.

And speaking of older games, Commander Keen for $2.99. So tempted as I loved it as a kid and the platformer version of Duke Nukem, totally remember playing the shareware versions of them.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: July 21, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »

Got my badge for the Summer Sales

Only spent 20 bucks.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7649 on: July 21, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »

Got my badge for the Summer Sales

Only spent 20 bucks.
Got mine with HK's help.  He's the man.

And  I completely failed to unlock Steampunk Mrs. Foster, I'm hoping maybe tomorrow night I'll have better luck.  I have all the achievements I need.  I just have to finish the new objective mode on the new map.  Was painfully close once, but close doesn't cut it.

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: