The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 01, 2014, 08:20:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 557440 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7695 on: August 12, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »

I just got the best mod ever for doom.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7696 on: August 12, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »

Unlike TLO, I just play the same old games on Steam, afraid of all the crap that I bought and all the ones I installed but never really tried out. Crusader Kings, Disciples, Space Empires IV, all those strategy games that are incredibly daunting to even try out, let alone learn how to play. So I'm still replaying Sid Meier's Pirates, which I might actually finish this time around if I can get the Spanish off my back.

So... the last week or so I've been gradually going through my Steam library and "playing" every game.  There are titles I've downloaded by haven't installed since I built my new PC and even more that never got upgraded to the new Steam file structure so basically I'm just making sure they all install and run (so far I only have a two or three that are being stubborn, like Dark Forces 2?  Won't play full screen and keeps crashing on level load.  Bluh...)  Today I got stuck for a few hours in Mount and Blade.  It's not pretty, and it controls a little clunky but there's some good stuff going on in it.  I've gathered a nice little army and have been pillaging my way across the continent.  And surprisingly got hired by a King to help take down a castle of one of his rivals.  I'm of course planning on stabbing him in the back and taking it for myself, we'll see how that works out.

I've been wondering about Mount & Blade whenever it came on sale, could only play the vanilla and one of the expansion packs if I ever got it. And I can totally run it if I drop them fancy picture options for performance over ugliness  He love you long time

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7697 on: August 13, 2013, 07:32:34 am »

If you can run it pick it up next time it's on sale.  It's very open world/sandbox-y with party management that will make a veteran Pirates player feel at home.  The goals are much more lose but there are tournaments to take part in, towns to loot, castles to steal and claim as your own.  I imagine if one worked at it long enough they could unify all of the kingdoms.  Right now I'm only a minor warlord at best but I can field over thirty men which at least puts me in a position where I don't have to fear random groups of bandits anymore.  Nope, now I have to worry about random noblemen who think they have to prove something.  But capturing one of them in battle lets me ransom them off for some nice coin.  Taking prisoners/slave trading on the side is a nice way to keep the coin coming in.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7698 on: August 13, 2013, 11:06:01 pm »

Found a weird little game in my Steam library today.  "Little Inferno."  Addictive for a casual type game and what limited story it had wasn't bad.  A bit surreal but not bad.  Pyros can't pass this up.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7699 on: August 14, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

Ah yeah, that one is out on Wii as well. I got it with a humble bundle on PC, I think. From what I've read it's sort of a meta commentary on social games, such as Farmville, and others made by Zynga.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:48 am »

Some Brutal Doom and SDGO on the side for some decent mecha action.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7701 on: August 14, 2013, 02:16:20 am »

Been playing lots of doom. Got a mod called "Accessories to Murder", which is sorta similar to Brutal Doom, as far as weapons go. You have all the standard doom weapons, plus the assault rifle, there's also reloading, a shiny new Heads Up Display, and new enemies. Also the spritework is fantastic. Definitely worth playing.
And the new version of Brutal Doom is supposed to be out this month, which I really look forward to.
Then there's The Trailblazer, a really sweet looking upcoming mod that changes and adds new weapons, it looks totally badass.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7702 on: August 14, 2013, 06:40:51 am »

Ah yeah, that one is out on Wii as well. I got it with a humble bundle on PC, I think. From what I've read it's sort of a meta commentary on social games, such as Farmville, and others made by Zynga.
I couldn't remember where I got it, a Humble Bundle makes sense.  It does have a meta aspect to it especially in the end game.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7703 on: August 14, 2013, 02:07:10 pm »

Analogue: A Hate Story, restarted and finished reading Block 3. Just reading, but it'll be another half hour or so before where I left off last time.

Going against what I said before, taking a page out of TLO's book and going to try and learn Disciples II. Or Crusader Kings. Maybe a random game that I bought on a whim.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:36 pm »

SD Gundam G Generation Over World

Building an army of Zakus, it is great.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7705 on: August 16, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »

I just got Uncharted Drake's Fortune today so I am gonna start playing that as soon as I finish my chores.

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7706 on: August 16, 2013, 03:15:46 pm »

I just got Uncharted Drake's Fortune today so I am gonna start playing that as soon as I finish my chores.
Worst game of Naughty Dog (awerage gameplay but visuals are quite pretty) which is saying alot when you think about it.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7707 on: August 16, 2013, 03:53:40 pm »

That being said the first Uncharted games are among the few PS3 games I one hundred percented.  The first one is the most hardcore in the series, they get easier each game.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7708 on: August 16, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »

The first one was amazing. They also get a lot less impressive as they go, replacing interesting segments with "you are now in a room. Shoot waves of dudes until there are no more dudes to shoot. Now jump over some stuff, do this really easy puzzle, and do it again."

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7709 on: August 16, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »

Worst game of Naughty Dog (awerage gameplay but visuals are quite pretty) which is saying alot when you think about it.
>Opinions

The first one was amazing. They also get a lot less impressive as they go, replacing interesting segments with "you are now in a room. Shoot waves of dudes until there are no more dudes to shoot. Now jump over some stuff, do this really easy puzzle, and do it again."
Myself, and most fans of the series thought the second one was the best. Good balance of action and puzzle solving, and the setting is lots of fun, Shambhala doesn't appear much in video games.

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: