The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 20, 2014, 10:21:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 560   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 533156 times)
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7755 on: August 28, 2013, 08:53:06 pm »

Tie between XCom Enemy Unkown and World of Warcraft.

My XCom game is going well.
I need to reinstall XCom, I had a great team on my PC. I made a similar one to them on my xbox but they're not quite the same mixture, y'know?
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7756 on: August 29, 2013, 12:30:39 am »

After I got over the hype of BS Infinite and went back for a replay I started to realize just how overrated it is and was able to more easily able to pick out its flaws.
Just like some movies should never be rewatched and some books aren't the same if read a second time, some games are better played once.

For example, ever since I read "Misery" by Stephen King I've considered it the best thriller type novel ever written and one of the greatest books ever written overall because it is meticulously structured to build tension and uncertainty, constantly putting the reader through a cycle of hope and despair along with the main character.  But it will never have same impact if read a second time.  But every once in a while I think back to the afternoon I frantically read through it, hardly able to turn the pages fast enough and think, "that was a hell of a book."

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7757 on: August 29, 2013, 01:34:42 am »

Yeah after the one playthrough I was done. It's not a bad game by any means, but definitely overrated. I'd pick out some of the flaws but I'm tired and don't feel like it.

Almost beat SRIV, took a pic of my character using the screenshot tool, to see if they improved the image quality over the screenshot tool of the last game, unfortunately the quality is still shit.

Also, kinda disappointed with the clothing options, some of my favorite outfits make a return, but as a whole suit, instead of individual pieces (legs, upper body, shoes, etc), and you can't customize the color on some. In SR3 I rocked the future soldier clothes (which were DLC), and they're back for IV, but no options to customize them at all. Total bummer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:36:15 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7758 on: August 29, 2013, 08:11:39 am »

Wrapped up The Blackwell Legacy, even listening through both types of the commentary, which was kinda adorkable. Actually enjoyed listening to it, especially the cardinal sins of adventure gaming, dog leash and the VA bits. Double for the cardinal sins, stealth components are the spawn from Satan's arsehole.

Ninja'd: 863
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:14 pm »

Played some more XCom:EU today on my xbox. Alpha team is 4/6th psychic. Not even kidding about that, four of the six rookies I used from game start are psychic. My kickass medic isn't, which saddens me because if she was then she would be the only person with both defensive psychic powers. Nobody else has any use for them. Only 2 members of Alpha aren't at max level, but that's because they're my bash brothers and I set them aside to level up several other heavy&assault characters while all of my other classes where sparse recruit-wise. Beta team is roughly twice the size of Alpha because I raised them all as back ups and to be a wide range of builds for more specific mission/enemy types. They've also take more losses, four or five to Apha's one. Vega/"Prototype" didn't die, I just retired him. He was the tutorial survivor and took the most damage over the game, his will was on par with a squaddies despite being (I think) a Lieutenant. God I enjoy this game.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7760 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:06 am »

Beat SRIV. Fantastic game. Only pet peeve right now is you unlock the option to control the time of day at the end, which is all fine and dandy, but you have to go to a specific location to do it, also it's not "morning", "noon", "night", etc, it's a bunch of really fucking vague names, some of which have weird color filters with them. I just want midday. Jesus.

EDIT: Aside from collectibles, I've mopped up all the side activity stuff, and now it's kinda boring. Might start a new game. Also my character looks BA, finally figured out a set of clothes that look good, since SRIV has less clothing options than 3. In 3 I wore the future soldier outfit, and you can still get it in SRIV, but you can't customize the colors (the default colors look kinda ugly), its bogus. I am digging the athletic look though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:25:41 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #7761 on: September 01, 2013, 08:38:31 am »

With the end of my internship starts a new era in gaming !!! (well, until my contract)

In no particular order :
  • XCOM : The Bureau. For now I only am in the begining, looks nice, I like the feel of combat.
  • Almost beaten Fist Puncher co-op with a friend. Nice little game, but with its flaws (like they totally messed up the depth xD)
  • Aion, reconnected after a while to see that my guild was still alive and kickin' Cheesy

Engrish as second language
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7762 on: September 01, 2013, 10:26:07 am »

Papers, Please.

God this game is fucking depressing.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7763 on: September 01, 2013, 10:35:25 am »

I picked up Aliens Colonial Marines when it was on sale for 75% off on Steam.  So far I like it.  But I heard that since release it had been heavily patched for everything from better textures to overhauling the AI.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7764 on: September 01, 2013, 11:40:06 am »

Doesn't matter how much they patch it, it doesn't stop Gearbox from being lying scumbags and the game from being a piece of shit. Slightly improved visuals and ai won't improve the numerous other flaws the game has.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7765 on: September 01, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »

As far as I know, Gearbox didn't actually MAKE the game. They just produced it or some such.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7766 on: September 01, 2013, 01:25:38 pm »

Sega published, Gearbox was SUPPOSED to make it, but the thing is, Gearbox took people and money from the development of Aliens to fund Borderlands 2, and because of this Sega got a few external developers to do a majority of the games campaign, as well as the DLC. This, and how much they lied about the game prior to its release (marketing the game with so-called gameplay footage which in reality was just pre-rendered footage) has caused me to lose a lot of respect for Gearbox as developers. Not that I had much to begin with, the only good games they've made are Borderlands.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 01:29:54 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7767 on: September 01, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »

Dredmor, had my gal jacked up on 8 different shrooms, boozed up to the Balmer Peak, chomping down on deep omelets, guzzling down various potions, a couple more shrooms because some stack including the wickedly awesome healing/mana regen ones, all the Egyptian buffs and I open the door to find Vlad Diggula right there beside the door. The hell? I could tell it was his room with Call of the Sandstorm wrecking the walls and everything but damn that's bad. Moves in Mysterious Ways and spent the next 20 minutes throwing Shiruken (I will literally go Throwing/Tinkering/Fungal Arts because those things are fucking beast) and when those ran out, Puffballs because I got a crapload of them with two rankings of Fungal Arts. Crapload of all shrooms but Lobster.

I could shake off anything Vlad threw at me, even his nukes but his thunder move just wrecked me. Had to triple buff thunder resists and I still got messed up bad. Had Invisible shrooms and Ninja Vanish from Burglary but the real kicker was Moves in Mysterious Ways, which is one of the most amazing capstone skills for pure survival in the already amazing Burglary skill. Still has a permanent place in my skill line-up.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7768 on: September 01, 2013, 06:44:47 pm »

The Brothers in Arms games Gearbox did back in the day were good.

And ACM was worth the five bucks I paid.  I'll probably grab the DLC when it goes on sale.

As far as Gearbox goes they subcontracted ACM to another design company after taking Segas money for SEVEN years.  That designer has since gone bankrupt and laid off all their employees.

Fuck Gearbox.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7769 on: September 01, 2013, 07:02:07 pm »

Ah I only ever played one of the Brothers in Arms games, and it was okay-ish.

And $5 isn't bad, I'd buy it at that price just out of a morbid curiosity, but my compy can't run it. I'm sure it'll be in the bargain bin for consoles soon enough.

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 560   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: