The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 24, 2014, 01:21:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 556   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 497008 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7950 on: October 12, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »

I can dig it. Also, Shit man, double post. Also also, GTA V online is a really cool concept, but the player base is pretty fucking terrible. I don't really know what I was expecting.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7951 on: October 12, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »

The races in GTA V are fucking awful. The cars handle corners so fucking poorly, and then there's the issue of not knowing what in the game is fixed, or can be broken through. And then the CHECKPOINTS. Does it really matter if I go through them as long as I stay on the course?

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7952 on: October 12, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »

Some cars corner better than others but this...
and then there's the issue of not knowing what in the game is fixed, or can be broken through
drives me insane.  Take a turn wide, plow through a giant steel pole without slowing down, next turn, total your car on a much flimsier looking road sign that is apparently indestructible and completely immobile.  It also pisses me off how you can't unlock engine grades for GTA online without winning races.  Excuse me but if I were winning the fucking races I wouldn't need the engine upgrade would I?

Speaking of checkpoints the helicopter speed trial at the flight school also gives me fits.  I easily got gold in every category except that chopper speed trial I keep missing gold by about five seconds EVERY time.  

GTA V online is a really cool concept, but the player base is pretty fucking terrible. I don't really know what I was expecting.

I gave up playing in public matches pretty much right away.  Join a crew with decent folk you know and play closed crew matches, it reduces the d-bag quotient to all but nothing.  Though you still run across morons in missions.  One of my friends and I had a third player for a mission where you have to steal a plane and land it at another airfield, except you can't just land it, someone has to clear the runway first on the ground because it's infested with enemies.  My buddy and I clear the runway and captain dickless crashes the plane on a wide open empty runway failing us the mission.  We attempted it a few more times but the same dipshit kept burning through the "team lives" right away.  I couldn't tell if he was just stupid or trolling us.

And speaking of trying to reduce the d-bags, the passive mode is retarded.  You have to pay money to be safe on foot but you can still be killed while in a car.  Genius...  Free roam is really designed for sociopaths to grief each other.  There is no "gameplay."  But if you DO decide to play free roam and want to hold onto your cash don't try to use ATM's, griefers camp them and will kill you before you deposit your money, and stopping long enough to use your phone to deposit it is like drawing a bullseye on your back.  I like to make a beeline to one of the stores (tattoo, hair, clothes, ammu-nation) and use my phone to deposit cash there.  By design you can't aggro inside them (I'm assuming to protect the shopkeepers and the virtual economy) which makes them a sort of neutral ground.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:47:03 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7953 on: October 12, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »

Maybe the car I picked was just ass, I figured the swanky looking sporty ones would all be adequate enough, but I guess not this one.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »

Dark Souls, again...

Working in the expansion atm, hoping to get some valuable stuff.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7955 on: October 13, 2013, 02:00:04 am »

I was just doing what is possibly one of the longest triathlons in GTA V. And I accidentally hit right on the D-Pad. It instantly quits the triathlon. No "Are you sure?" just boom, drops it right then and there. Fucking bullshit.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7956 on: October 13, 2013, 07:18:48 pm »

I spent a decent amount of time today doing races in GTA online.  Besides learning how psychotic the player base is I did learn a few things about how the cars handle.  For instance using the handbrake in a muscle car will likely make it spin like a washing machine.  You're better off letting off the gas and either tapping the brake or feathering the accelerator, just watch your traction because it's hard to drift in the heavy, rear wheel drive cars.  Sports cars on the other hand are all about the emergency brake and are much easier to control when drifting.  Still not sure what to do with the other players who keep ramming me off the road and then booting me from the race when I do the same.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:24:51 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: October 13, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

Pokemon Y, enjoying it so far.

Pretty much sticking with two fire types.

Trying to find my Black and HG games so I can transfer my massive collection of pokemon when the time comes.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7958 on: October 14, 2013, 03:26:22 am »

Splinter Cell Blacklist. The Panther playstyle is loads of fun, just quickly and quietly making your way through a level popping guys in the head.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7959 on: October 14, 2013, 04:06:48 am »

Pokemon X

I've decided to go on a naming theme this time around. [usually i just use the same ones because i am hella lame] so this time, I've decided to name all of my pogeymans after Shakespearean characters because I am a fucking nerd.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7960 on: October 14, 2013, 04:44:45 am »

I know what you can name your character.

GTA V. Just got done with the most BRUTAL triathlon. 28 minutes of button mashing. NEVER AGAIN.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7961 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:41 am »

GTA V. Just got done with the most BRUTAL triathlon. 28 minutes of button mashing. NEVER AGAIN.

I've been splitting my time between GTA Online and mopping up loose ends to get my 100% completion for the single player campaign.  THIS is why I'm not looking forward to doing the triathlons.  I just started gathering the nuclear waste barrels with the submersible, is it just me or does the Trackify app suck balls?  I thought the looking for lost submarine parts was annoying but the sonar tracker was pretty sweet compared to this.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7962 on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:51 am »

Pokemon X

I've decided to go on a naming theme this time around. [usually i just use the same ones because i am hella lame] so this time, I've decided to name all of my pogeymans after Shakespearean characters because I am a fucking nerd.

If you nickname a pokemon, DON'T PUT IT ON THE GTS. I traded a pansear for a pansage an the motherfucker was named "PANSAGEPAN!"

How about pangofuckyourself.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7963 on: October 14, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »

I've been splitting my time between GTA Online and mopping up loose ends to get my 100% completion for the single player campaign.  THIS is why I'm not looking forward to doing the triathlons.  I just started gathering the nuclear waste barrels with the submersible, is it just me or does the Trackify app suck balls?  I thought the looking for lost submarine parts was annoying but the sonar tracker was pretty sweet compared to this.
The other triathlons weren't that bad, but this one basically goes all over San Andreas.

RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: October 14, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »

Secret World and Killing Floor for now. Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon X is in the mail. So is my 3DS XL. Separate shipments. Same order. I'm slightly worried.

I'm tempted to do Nuzlocke run of this game, I'll decide after I consult a guide about whether or not any pokemon can be permanently missed.
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 556   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: