The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 17, 2014, 09:36:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 562   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 549321 times)
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, thereís a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7965 on: October 15, 2013, 09:01:36 am »

Killing Floor is awesome but I now tend to only play it when a new seasonal event happens.  I'm addicted to unlocking all the characters.  There's only two I don't have and it bugs the shit out of me (three if you count the one you could only get with that one pre-order.) 

I have no idea how the mission structure in GTA online works.  I have two missions I keep getting offered, both of which require a helicopter to complete.  The thing is I haven't apparently reached the character level needed to access helicopters.  The option to phone and have one located for me is still locked and I've scoured the airport and Hospital rooftops (where I can always find choppers in single player) with no luck.  I even tried to get other players in on it hoping one of them would have access to helicopters but apparently not.  Shit be fucked up, yo.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7966 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:23 pm »

I just picked up Killzone 2 and 3 (Only ten bucks, yay bargain bins), and I'm having trouble getting into them. I want to enjoy the series because it just looks so damn cool, but military shooters tend to put me to sleep. It's just the same thing over and over.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7967 on: October 15, 2013, 10:59:23 pm »

I enjoyed Killzone 2/3 much more than many other shooters because it's so satisfying, the guns and their impact on enemies all feel like they have weight, they feel chunky, unlike a lot of games where the guns just feel like pea shooters as the enemy flops to the ground like a sack of potatoes, same goes with killing enemies, the animations of the helghast are so varied and well done... It's just incredibly satisfying to play and see in motion, at least in my opinion.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7968 on: October 15, 2013, 11:10:19 pm »

I agree with what you're saying, but that's not enough for me, as I'm not much of a gun guy. I'm talking about the actual content of the game, which seems to be pretty standard fare for a military shooter like Call of Duty or Battlefield. Go from point A to point B, shoot some guys, move from point B to point C, shoot some guys, move from point C to point D, shoot some guys and then stick a thing to a thing and then blow it up. There's not enough cool stuff in it to keep me paying attention. The guns are: Machine Gun, Alternate Machine gun, Bigger machine gun, Smaller machine gun, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Pistol. I want there to be stuff that makes me feel like something is different, like in Resistance.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7969 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:00 pm »

Ah yeah, I get what you're saying, fair enough. I want a new Resistance.

EDIT: 80% on GTA V... Only 4 more Strangers and Freaks Missions, and 14 Miscellaneous things left to do. GTA V will be one of the few games I 100%.

EDIT: Just beat Rayman Legends. Fantastic game, though there's still lots to do, it gives you the first five worlds of Rayman Origins, along with lots of other things to do.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:48:33 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7970 on: October 16, 2013, 07:15:58 am »

The gameplay for Killzone 3 was pretty good, the story was awful.  Specifically Rico was so fucking over the top obnoxious I wanted to kill him and was continually enraged that I couldn't.  The biggest supsension of disbelief required to enjoy the game was that he could exist in any military anywhere and I couldn't get past it.  I liked the MP though.

I'm also right around 80% for GTA V, I have a handful of hobbies left to do (like doing social activities with the other charactes) and the collection quests which I'm dreading.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7971 on: October 16, 2013, 12:14:05 pm »

What was wrong with him in KZ3? I had my problems with him in KZ1 and 2 where he would turn commas in sentences into swears.

And yeah, I don't look forward to the collection quests either, I'm just gonna grab a map or video with all the item locations and go off that, it'll be done quicker then.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7972 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:58 pm »

He defined insubordination to the point where it crossed into overdone farce.  I get that Hollywood, and by extension video games, tend to glorify "bad ass" characters and defiance of authority is one of the trope checkboxes everyone feels obligated to fill.  But he went from merely annoyingly cranky in KZ 1 to off the scale loose cannon in KZ3.  His commanding officer should have executed him before the first act was over.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7973 on: October 16, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »

Ah yes, that is true. Y'know what bugs me about Killzone? Hahka and Luger from the first game just ceased to exist. Luger appears briefly in Liberation on the PSP (and Hahka is player 2 if you're doing Co Op, which barely counts). Luger was my favorite of the first game, and then she's just gone. I'm hoping she'll turn up in Shadow Fall.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: October 16, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »

Just got into Hearthstone beta.

Its pretty good.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7975 on: October 16, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

Wait, what? When did they send out keys?

Edit: Wait, nevermind, I thought you were talking about the Stonehearth.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:52:35 pm by Log! » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7976 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:57 pm »

Luger was my fave.  It sucked having her vanish like that.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7977 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:30 pm »

Yeah, I just don't get it. Just gone without a word, and it's like the characters totally forget about her too.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: October 17, 2013, 01:45:42 am »

More Hearthstone and Pokemon

Also downloaded the Pokemon Online TCG..

Its fun.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7979 on: October 17, 2013, 09:15:28 am »

I can't seem to stop playing GTA online long enough to get back to the single player to finish my 100%.  The cycle of little stuff to do to get cash is timed pretty well so I'm in an endless loop of mayhem and grabbing more paper.  And I somehow managed to dup my favorite car.  Not sure how and not sure if I like it, but I'm trying to keep an open spot in my garage because I have my eyes set on the Bugatti expy which is far and above the fastest car in the game.  I got my hands on one in the single player and I am now dying to get one for my online character, halfway to that million dollar pricetag already. 

For those of you playing GTA online here are a few general tips.

Don't be afraid to run away.  This really applies to any battle you get into it that is NOT during a mission.  Dying during a mission is nothing, you either respawn with a new life or restart the mission altogether.  If you die in a shootout with the cops or a rival gang during free roam thoughÖ that's 2k gone every time plus you drop a percentage of any cash you're carrying every time you die as well.  Which leads to my next point...

Donít carry cash.  Or if you do (because itís the only way to use vending machines to get a quick heal for a buck) carry the absolute smallest amount you can.  You can either bank at an ATM (which are scattered all over) or from your phone.  Both leave you vulnerable to other players so if Iím in a public game I typically deposit by phone while Iím in a shop because you canít draw weapons or attack while in them.  Which is why I say the followingÖ

Public games suck, play in either invite only or closed crew games.  Even passive mode (which you have to pay to activate) kind of sucks because you can still be killed while in a vehicle, itís really only helpful on foot. 

Opportunities to get paper are all over the place.  Every 30-45 minutes or so you can sell a car to a pay and spray.  The higher end SUVís net you between 7 and 9k a pop so go after those.  Supply crates drop at about the same frequency and you should drop whatever youíre doing and race for those as soon as they touch down.  They typically give you a decent xp boost plus another item which can range from a bundle of cash to expensive weapons and ammo.  If you get to them fast enough you can pick them up hassle free though expect to fight a handful of punks for them when you arrive.  If youíre in a public server also expect to be duking it out with most of the player base as well.  Armored cars are easy targets once you get sticky bombs unlocked, chuck a sticky bomb onto the rear doors, back off and detonate.  The truck will take off like a bat out of hell but the money will fall out the back anyway.  Grab it and run because itís an instant three star wanted level once you aggro the armored car.  Thereís also life as a stick up artist (which I personally love)

Iím covering robbery in its own segment because thereís an art form to it.  First off, buy a mask from the mask store at the beach and make sure you wear it when you perform your robberies.  Why?  Because if you stick them up unmasked you canít go back to buy stuff from the stores.   You want to keep the stores available for purchasing stuff because the ability to buy and carry healing snacks which you can use at any time is too sweet of a perk to give up.  Wear a mask, rob, go back later with it off and keep buying like a good consumer.  How do you do the stickup?  Walk in, point a gun at the cashier and keep aiming at them.  If you donít maintain your gun pointed at them they will book and then you have to pull the cash out yourself which is slower and you get less money.  Avoid shooting the cashier, (even after they hand over the bucks) because shooting them will ratchet up the wanted level and make your escape that much more of a pain in the ass.  Keep the gun pointed at them even when picking up the bag and leaving the store, if you donít they may pull a gun and start shooting you as soon as your back is turned.  If you die in the store you lose all the loot AND get dinged for the 2k hospital fee.  Before you even stick the place up there is some prep work you can do to make your stick up more likely to succeed.  Get a fast car and back it up right next to the door so you can jump in as soon as you clear the door with your loot (be careful not to block the door, the store doors will swing both ways and if the door hits the car on your way out youíre trapped in the store with the cops in bound, not cool).  Also, if there are people hanging around the store entrance, get them to leave by ďteasingĒ them with the car.  Keep acting youíre about to hit them and pull up short (donít hit them or the cops might get involved) but you want them to leave because randomly one of these people may have a gun and decide to lay the vigilante smackdown on your crime spree.  I typically donít like to hold up a store with customers inside for the same reason but usually if you get the outside folk to leave the inside customers will wrap up their purchases and take off in a minute or two.  I like to knock over a string of stores in a row but be careful doing this, after three or four in a row your heat level jumps straight to three (it usually starts at two for a stick up) and will escalate as high as four if you keep rhyminí and stealiní.  I assume it will eventually reach five stars but four is bad enough so I typically stop there and wait a bit before hitting any more stores so the heat has a chance to die down.  So, you now have your fist full of paper in one hand and your gun in the other and the cops hot on your tail how do you escape?

Police evasion is also an art form.  First off, avoid driving stolen vehicles, especially if youíre planning to do a nice little cross country crime spree.  I know itís tempting to do it so you donít have to damage your own car but any cop on the beat will recognize (somehow) that youíre in a stolen car and this can be a PITA to deal with, especially if you JUST evaded a significant wanted level.  Picture this, you just spent a half hour dodging a four star wanted level, the all clear is sounded, you breathe a sigh of relief and pull out of the alley you were hiding in, only to blunder right into the cops you just got away from because even though they forgot all about whatever it was they were just pissed off about, they see you in a stolen car and get all offended again.    So yea, drive your own car.  Are you in the heart of the city or out in the sticks?  Because the strategy is pretty different for both.   If youíre out in the boonies dodging cops is stupid easy.  Drive off road out into the middle of nowhere and make sure their cones of vision donít pick you up.  Thatís it.  Unless you let a cop get super close to you they rarely drive cross country.  The exception to this rule is once you get three stars or more because then choppers get involved and they obviously donít care about roads.  Outrunning a chopper in the middle of nowhere is nothing but pure speed so you better not have picked a compact car or something similarly sluggish or you may never manage to ditch the thing.  Getting under a bridge or overpass may break your line of sight with the chopper but depending on where you are in relation to the ground forces this may or may not solve your problem entirely.  If youíre in the city things are both easier and harder.  Easier because itís often a simple matter to break line of sight with pursuers, even choppers, because small alleyways, overhangs and parking garages are all over the place.  It can be harder because you canít go cross country for fast getaways and this makes the cops much better at boxing you in.  All it takes is one cop to get a glimpse of you to start the evasion clock all over again and it can be very frustrating to be almost in the clear, then have a cop on a street corner see you race past and start the cycle over again.  DO NOT get out of your car unless there are no cops anywhere near you, getting run over or shot when out of the protection of your car is a really fast way to lose the evasion game.  You can regen health while driving but not while running so you can take what seems like an unholy amount of punishment while driving.  That being said, sometimes getting out of the car and hiding can be very effective.  Doing things like climbing buildings or hiding between dumpsters can be greatly effective though even on a roof top make sure you stay away from the edges so cops in the street canít see you from the ground and you should consider hiding behind something to break line of sight from the ladder because occasionally cops will climb ladders after you.  Some of my favorite escape routes are over rooftops or using the canal system.  The canals can be great because there are lots of overpasses to hide under (handy for dodging helicopters) and you can also get into the same underground system Franklin used to escape the Jewel heist and thatís pretty much a guaranteed getaway route.  Always be on the lookout for jumps or shortcuts to shake loose persistent pursuers.

Some general tipsÖ make sure your first car you steal (the one in the tutorial that becomes your first owned car) is decently fast.  The Sabre Turbo, Dominator and Gauntlet are all reasonably common and fast enough for most needs.  I prefer the Gaunlet and Dominator in that order but thatís personal preference, any of the muscle cars are passable and theyíre all in the price range you can take into the pay and sprays.  A couple of the low end sports cars also fall into this price range, if you have your heart set on one of these your chances of finding them are better if you hang out around Vinewood (like the neighborhood around Michaels house in the single player) but their performance isnít significantly better than the muscle cars though some may prefer the sports car handling.  Donít worry about beating the crap out of your personal car, when you start or complete missions it will be repaired for free.  If you do destroy it you have to pay a fraction of the value to get it replaced as long as itís insured.  It can cost more to repair than to replace and in all the hours Iíve played online Iíve only totaled my car once.  If youíre going to steal vehicles for extra cash (which I highly recommend) here how I prefer to do it.  I stay within a block or two of a pay and spray so if I do get police attention in the process of nabbing it I can lose it as soon as I pull into the pay and spray (assuming line of sight with pursuers is broken) and the shorter the drive time between jacking the car and selling it the less chance of a cop noticing youíre driving a stolen vehicle.  As I mentioned earlier, the high end luxury and sports cars cannot be sold at a pay and spray or even parked in your own garage so your car thieving returns top off around 9k.  I prefer to jack cars instead of stealing parked ones because typically you have to break a window to steal a parked car and while you can sell a damaged car the cost of repairing the damage is removed from your payout.  If youíre going to do a lot of store robberies youíll buff your driving skill in no time just as a result of your escape escapades.  Grinding stamina is pretty easy, I maxed mine out just running around jacking cars.  I havenít gotten my hands on any flying vehicles yet to grind my flight skill, lung capacity is easy to grind, just time consuming (get in water, dive, resurface, repeat) and stealth is also tedious, just follow people around while sneaking.  Performing successful stealth kills seems to boost it faster though killing civvies tends to get police attention.  If you decide you want to play splinter cell to boost your stealth I recommend hanging out near a pay and spray so you can duck inside quickly to drop your wanted level as soon you get one.  Shooting is also a bit of a slow grind, head shots help boost it quicker but often times in the heat of battle it can be dangerous to take the time to line them up so fight smart.  I know Iíve talked about avoiding driving stolen cars but if you want to grind xp grabbing one may help because each time you lose a wanted level you get xp. 

Thatís pretty much all I have for now. 

Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 562   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: