The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 16, 2014, 07:27:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 556   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 489297 times)
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7980 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »

I've been playing GTA Online nearly non-stop. I just hit level 71 last night with my second in command of my crew right on my heels. THe missions are insanely fun once you get up to that level and none of them seem to pay less than 14K. They've removed the replay feature but you can still replay missions if you call the person who gives you the mission until you get a good one.

Also to add a small note to what TLO said about robbing stores, if you wear a mask when you rob a store then as soon as you are out of sight of the cops open your inventory and take it off because this instantly drops one star. Actually this works with sunglasses too.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7981 on: October 17, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

I think Blacklist is pretty lame...

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7982 on: October 18, 2013, 12:30:53 am »

Really? I would like to hear your reasoning behind that. Myself, and most others think it's the best Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. I love that you're much more open to play how you want. You were generally pretty much forced to play how the game wanted you to, lots of stupid contrived BS like "You get X alarms and the mission is over", "You get spotted once and the mission is over", etc, etc. In Blacklist I can play how I want. My first playthrough I played it as a "Ghost", sneaking past as many people as possible, and knocking out as many as possible, now I'm doing it as "Panther", aggressive sneaking, more killing, really fun room clearing, and if I wanted to I could just play it as an action game. I never got much of that kind of freedom in the old games.
On top of that, the levels are much more open, where as before they were much more linear, with maybe a couple little hidden ways to get around things, then there's the fun side missions, the loadout customization. And Spies vs Mercs, my god it's just as fun as it was in Chaos Theory. Blacklist is one of the most enjoyable stealth games I've played in quite awhile.

It's a shame both Blacklist and Rayman Legends didn't do so well in sales. Hey Ubi. Make a Rayman game that's just entirely the music levels. That'll have you rolling in the dosh.

Playing more Doom. Got SLADE 3 so I could edit some of the mods I got, tweaked one that was having compatibility issues with another mod. Aside from that mostly just RIPPING AND TEARING my way through various wads.

Also played some more of the Jak Collection. Man it's been so long since I first played Jak 2, it's like I'm experiencing it for the first time all over again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:33:40 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, thereís a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7983 on: October 18, 2013, 06:05:02 am »

Also to add a small note to what TLO said about robbing stores, if you wear a mask when you rob a store then as soon as you are out of sight of the cops open your inventory and take it off because this instantly drops one star. Actually this works with sunglasses too.
Huh, I usually wear my mask until I finish my crime spree so I did not know this.  Thanks for the tip.

Also is it just me or are the payouts for missions massively nerfed with the new 1.04 patch?  Not to mention that they made the survival missions MUCH harder by making rooftops out of bounds and removing a lot of the cover that used to exist.  At this rate the next patch will remove all cash pay outs from the game and automatically charge you for cash packs each time you log in.  If Rockstar wants to punish glitch exploiters and such I'm fine with that, but stop making my life fucking harder because I'm playing legit.

EDIT: 
Man, the clothing selection is terrible online, at least for women anyways.

I didnít think this at first, I found a leather jacket/cargo pants/combat boot combo I liked pretty early on (thought I sort of hate how all the black clothing is always more expensive) but after I unlocked (and bought) the kick ass shotgun toting Grim Reaper tat for clearing five gangs in a day I wanted to showcase it.  The sleeveless shirt selection is a ridiculously small and I hate pretty much all of them for one reason or another. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:50:00 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7984 on: October 18, 2013, 11:39:36 am »

I'm playing a female character. The clothing selection for chicks at least seems very lacking. It was hard for me to get a decent setup for her. I'll take pics later maybe.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7985 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:15 pm »

See, for men it seems fine. The first shop I walked into I got some clothes and thought "Yeah, I can see myself never changing this."

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7986 on: October 18, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »

With the womens clothing, it seems there's maybe a few different items, just in a fuck ton of different colors/patterns, and a lot of what there is is kinda crappy looking too. I eventually settled for a blue shirt with a leather jacket and jeans or something. I'm hoping they'll add more clothes at some point.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7987 on: October 18, 2013, 06:28:15 pm »

I'm playing a female character. The clothing selection for chicks at least seems very lacking. It was hard for me to get a decent setup for her. I'll take pics later maybe.

welcome to playing every game ever with a female character.

more pokemon x. On the Elite Four and I'm going in blind. Don't know what types they use this time around.

Like I said on my fb, I am totally loving pokemon x and y because since it all came out at the same time, everyone is playing this blind. No one really knows where shit is and everyone is figuring it out all on their own. It brings me back to my blue/red days, right in the feels.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7988 on: October 18, 2013, 07:51:33 pm »

Also is it just me or are the payouts for missions massively nerfed with the new 1.04 patch?  Not to mention that they made the survival missions MUCH harder by making rooftops out of bounds and removing a lot of the cover that used to exist.  At this rate the next patch will remove all cash pay outs from the game and automatically charge you for cash packs each time you log in.  If Rockstar wants to punish glitch exploiters and such I'm fine with that, but stop making my life fucking harder because I'm playing legit. 

a

Yeah they cut all mission payouts in half. And I didn't know about the survival thing. Me and my crew did Survival right after the patch and got the achievement. We did the scrapyard and hid in all of the red bins.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7989 on: October 18, 2013, 10:22:06 pm »

welcome to playing every game ever with a female character.
Not true at all, not sure what games you've played, but I've been pretty satisfied with the clothing selection in every game I've played a female in. GTA V is the first one I've encountered where it's really limited. Saints Row 4, even though having slightly less options for clothing/customization than the previous game. In SR3 I had some tactical military getup on, which I liked, the same clothes returned for SR4 but you can't change the ugly colors on them this time around, so instead I went with a Gina Carano-esque women's MMA athletic look and came out pretty satisfied.

Saints Row in general has fucking fantastic customization though.

more pokemon x. On the Elite Four and I'm going in blind. Don't know what types they use this time around.

Like I said on my fb, I am totally loving pokemon x and y because since it all came out at the same time, everyone is playing this blind. No one really knows where shit is and everyone is figuring it out all on their own. It brings me back to my blue/red days, right in the feels.
You dern kids these days and your pokeymans, etc etc. I never really got into the whole pokemon craze as a kid.

More Doom for me. Experimenting with various mods still. Also got The AMC Team, a total conversion mod for Duke Nukem 3D/Build Engine. It's pretty great so far.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7990 on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:26 pm »

Really? I would like to hear your reasoning behind that.

Me n Cell just dont fit together. I'm too ADD for most games, anyway.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7991 on: October 18, 2013, 11:44:10 pm »

Ahh fair enough. You kids these days and your Calladoody. :3

More Jak 2! So good.

EDIT: And then it stopped being good when it introduced the contrived, broken racing segment that every adventure platformer had during the PS2 era.

EDIT: GTA Online. I'm done, this is the most abysmal excuse for online I have ever had the displeasure of using. My first character, who was a female, somehow managed to get an irremovable beard after I went through the pain in the ass process of creating her, so I create a new character. Now I come back later to play with a friend, that new character is gone, so I create ANOTHER new character, we get fed up with the lag and the tweens calling us bitch ass pussies and the N word, so we decide to go into a private match. So I back out to the menu, and guess what, my character is gone. Again. I am never touching the piece of shit online portion of this game again, until they fix it all up, right now it's just too much of a mess, and I Just don't want to bother with the frustration of TRYING to play it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:57:21 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, thereís a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7992 on: October 19, 2013, 06:18:39 am »

As long as you did't create a new character in the slot of the one you just lost they SHOULD return after a bit.  The cloud was wonky last night, it showed me losing 30k and a level for most of last night but is back to normal this morning.  Check your social club page, it pulls the data from the cloud and you can see if/when they return without having to log in to the game.

EDIT:  Something is VERY wrong with the cloud servers.  I spent some time playing this morning and was getting failure to save errors.  So I kept playing until I FINALLY got a Save was Successful message and quit.  I come back later and nope, all my progress was morning gone.  Almost 75k, poof.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:47:40 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7993 on: October 19, 2013, 08:31:48 am »

More Jak 2! So good.

EDIT: And then it stopped being good when it introduced the contrived, broken racing segment that every adventure platformer had during the PS2 era.

Is this before or after the Escape From the Slums Rambo Ass-Wupping mission?

And if memory serves,
(click to show/hide)

That's what you get for getting all that free moneys. And not letting people have too much cash without spending real cash. Capitalism ho!

Ninja'd: 863
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7994 on: October 19, 2013, 08:58:54 am »

Not true at all, not sure what games you've played, but I've been pretty satisfied with the clothing selection in every game I've played a female in. GTA V is the first one I've encountered where it's really limited. Saints Row 4, even though having slightly less options for clothing/customization than the previous game. In SR3 I had some tactical military getup on, which I liked, the same clothes returned for SR4 but you can't change the ugly colors on them this time around, so instead I went with a Gina Carano-esque women's MMA athletic look and came out pretty satisfied..

Almost every RPG has women in scandalous clothing. Sure NOW they have it changed, but there's still that underlying sexism about it all. I'd like my character to be fully clothed, not wearing booty shorts and a non existent t-shirt because the damn game needed "hot chicks" for guys to play as. I don't like the way women are portrayed. I don't care if the character is an ultimate badass, they still wear horrendous clothing and it needs to be changed. And it needs to be changed now. It's getting there slowly, but it's there. And I hate it. With a passion. [i'm not trying to argue or fight, this is my observation as a "girl gamer" etc. I dunno, I just don't like how women are portrayed sometimes. It's nauseating to find a decent game where I don't have to make my character look like a whore. :/ [also im a bit tipsy, too sooo ... >.>]]

more pokgeymans.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:27:14 am by Hailfax » Logged

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 556   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: