The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 05:56:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 570118 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidÖ and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8025 on: October 30, 2013, 09:08:11 am »

Steam Halloween sale going on, some good stuff for sale cheap (all creepy themed stuff of course.)  Games I can recommend (because Iíve played them):

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City.  It got a bad rap but it's a competent shooter with some decent RE nostalgia.  If you get it I highly recommend grabbing the deluxe/all DLC bundle, the core game is uber short, the extra missions you get with the DLC help round it out.

Killing Floor.  If you don't have this already get it.  It's one of the best cooperative shooters on Steam.  All kinds of bundle options with this one, the majority of the paid DLC are cosmetic character and weapon skins.  If you can live without the additional character choices the core game is well worth the price though I would suggest grabbing at least one or two of the character packs while they're cheap.  The stock ones are very meh.

The Walking Dead Season 1.  Seriously a  must own title.  You canít walk past this for 75% off.  (Do you have your season 2 pre ordered yet?  Thatís on sale right now to.)

Amnesia the Dark Descent.  One of the most atmospheric and downright scary games I have ever played. 

Darksiders one and two.  I liked the first one but havenít finished it to start the second one yet.  Itís a good gadget based combat/exploration game though.  (think LoZ or the Arkham games.)

Dead Pixels.  Itís currently a buck, and itís fun, retro-graphic zombie killing goodness.

Brutal Legend.  I liked Brutal Legend despite the fact it was a stealth RTS.  The story is fun and itís well worth playing.

Sleeping Dogs and the DLC pack Nightmare at North Point are on sale.  Sleeping Dogs is the best open world crime game that is not a GTA title.  In some aspects  it even outshines GTA.  Even if you skip out on the zany DLC (think Undead Nightmare from Red Dead Redemption mashed up with a Hong Kong horror flick) do not walk away from the core game and its current 80% off.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.  One of the best RPGís ever made in terms of character building and freedom of choice (up until the last little bit.)   This game belongs on the must play list.  There is a fan patch that addresses nearly all the issues this game has, itís worth tracking down.

A few of the excellent Sherlock Holmes adventure games are on sale.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime.  Not a great game by any stretch, but if you have friends to play it with itís probably worth the 2 dollar price of admission.   I enjoyed the afternoon of button mashing I spent with it.

Sid Meirís Pirates.  If you donít already have this game, what is wrong with you?  If you donít have this game and skip paying 2.49 to own it, what is wrong with you?  Whatever it is probably canít be fixedÖ

Zombie Shooter 2.  The zombie shooter series is an offshoot of the fun isometric shooter series ďAlien ShooterĒ (1 through 3.)  If you like mass carnage and guns with light RPG elements get you this.

Dungeon Defenders.  One of the best tower defense type games ever made, and hella fun to play co-op.

Fallout 3 GOTY.  I liked Fallout 3 probably more than the title deserved but itís definitely worth 4.99 for the full monte.

Alice Madness Returns.  I liked what I played of it, but it has some serious bugs.  They are all supposedly fixable but I lost patience wrestling with them.  Some players report no issues at all, if youíre willing to roll the dice and come out on top (or have more patience than I do) itís worth the 4.99 theyíre asking for it.

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.  Seriously this is worth 4.99.  New Vegas was everything FO3 should have been and then some turned to eleven. 

Condemned Criminal Orgins.  This was a first gen launch title for the Xbox, I remember greatly enjoying it.  Visceral close combat, spooky tone and cool CSI type gadget based detective work.  Well worth playing if you havenít.

Alan Wake Franchise.  Youíll get your moneyís worth on the core game alone, the rest is just icing on the cake.

Limbo.  Challenging, moody and worth playing.  Trying to get all the achievements will either drive you mad or just keep you playing for a VERY long time.

11th hour.  An artifact from the FMV era.  (I never played the original.)  It wasnít a bad game but I remember some of the puzzles being hellaciously difficult.  I also remember the endings sucking.  But the constant mocking of the protagonist ďCarlĒ is something that is still referenced by my friends and I and we havenít played the game in close to two decades.

Home.  An odd little game, but worth 74 cents.  It does a lot with its retro graphics and mood.

L4D + L4D2.  These come with all the DLC packed in.  There is no excuse not to get them if you donít already own them. 

Dead Space pack (1 and 2).  Amazing atmosphere and a real sense of fear.  Play these games.

Nation Red.  If you like endless wave survival type shooters this is good fun.

Painkiller Complete pack.  To quote Yahtzee.  ďIt has a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning.Ē 

Legacy of Kain collection.  Probably worth the price of the bundle for the two soul reaver games alone.  It seriously lacks though for not having the original Blood Omen included.

Another World Anniversary.  The original was groundbreaking, not sure what they did new with the anniversary edition but I remember really digging the original.

Borderland GOTY.  You probably already own this but if not, nowís the time.

Deadly Premonition Directors Cut.  DP was one of the weirdest and most underrated games for the 360.  If you didnít play it, now might be the time.  I plan to rebuy and replay this title so that probably says something.

The Next Big Thing.  If you like off beat adventure games, this one has one of the best protagonists around.  Itís not often you get the chance to play as an insane character AND explore their mind.

Trapped Dead.  Zombie themed turn based strategy.  Challenging but fun.

Lone Survivor.  Another Retro Grafix TM title.  This one had awesome atmosphere and is challenging.

Aliens Colonial Marines and all the DLC.  This game got hammered in reviews for being released unfinished, and even after massive post release patching itís not a GREAT game.  But I enjoyed it and thought the core game was well worth 5 bucks.  In addition to the core game you can now get all the DLC for less than eleven bucks.  (If you do go for all the DLC get the season pass, it saves you a ton of money over buying the four packs it covers separately.) 

Infestation: Survivor Stories.  Used to be known as War Z, this game started off with an abysmal rep (which it deserved) but I can say that since Iíve been playing theyíve constantly been tweaking and improving the experience.  If you have someone to play with it can be a lot of fun.  Worth the less than four dollar sale price.

Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath of Death VII.  Two games for a buck from the guys who went on to do chapters 3 and 4 of Penny Arcade.  Funny parodyís of JRPG tropes while introducing their own twist on the experience.  Well worth the buck theyíre asking for the two games.

Costume Quest.  Shocking enjoyable experience from Double Fine.  I got this on sale a while back and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  Donít judge this book by its cover, play it and love it.  Get the DLC while youíre at it and ask yourself why there hasnít been a sequel yet.

Dead Horde.  Very fun with co-op.  Never did play it solo but I canít picture it being as enjoyable. 

Dead Rising 2.  More of the same stuff that made Dead Rising one of the early must own games for the 360.  Plus it has co-op.  And a tiger.  Is it worth the price to have the chance to hunt down and kill zombies with a tiger helping you do it?  YesÖ I think it is. 
Bioshock Franchise Pack.  Bioshock 1 and 2.  If you donít have them already, you probably should take this chance to fix that.
This just scratches the surface and are only the games Iíve personally played long enough to form an opinion on.  Itís one of the better sales Steam has had recently.  Check it out.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8026 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:06 am »

^ For the Steam Halloween Sale:

Sid Meier's Pirates, it's awesome.

That's all I've played.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidÖ and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8027 on: October 31, 2013, 06:11:44 am »

Learned this morning that you should never detonate the sticky bomb on an Armored Car you intend to loot if it's in heavy traffic, the resulting chain reaction will completely destroy the Armored Car AND the money inside.  You still get the wanted level though.  Good times.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8028 on: October 31, 2013, 10:55:01 pm »

Got the long awaited Doom mod "Brutal Doom v19", update to what is basically the most popular Doom mod ever made... There's been a lot of drama in the Doom community surrounding it the past few weeks. Mostly around the mods creator, Sgt.MarkIV (simply referred to as Mark). Mark is... an incredibly unpleasant person, believe it or not, a lot of assets and resources and code in Brutal Doom come from many many different contributors, but Mark pushed the thing like he was the sole creator of it, and hid the credits for the contributors on the second F1 Help Page in the game, where nobody would think to look, he also encouraged somebody who was depressed to kill himself, offered instructions on how to make a suicide bag, and tossed in a holocaust joke to spice things up. He throws racist jokes into the comments of the mods code, and then when he's called out on his bullshit he backs up and says people don't get his humor. He berates his own fans, and then he just says people are jealous of him when he receives any sort of criticism. He's been banned now from two of the biggest Doom modding communities online, and is basically stuck with Facebook and ModDB. He is just a giant internet douchebag.

As for the mod itself, the community is kinda split on it... It really just boils down to opinion, for some it's just far too different from the core Doom experience to enjoy, or some people, like myself, enjoy it. Version 19 is kind of a piss off so far. I mean it plays fine and everything, but Mark did something totally nonsensical, it makes zero sense. He reverted most of the weapon sprites to sprites from old versions of Brutal Doom, and these sprites look fuck ugly, he also removed taunting, and combat rolling, because he wants to release them as external "Mutator" mods... For insignificant little things that could easily be ignored. Aside from that it's fun, but I wish I had the new sprites, rolling, and taunting.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8029 on: November 01, 2013, 06:04:16 am »

Geez, I think calling Mark a giant d-bag is letting him off light.

So I got out of the Halloween sale without too much damage.  Snagged the Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC I wasn't going to pay full price for (75% off was the right price), Pre-Ordered Walking Dead Season 2 (I blame my wife for that one, I was going to wait for the inevitable sale about halfway through the season so I could save cash and not be stuck with the huge waiting times between every episode but she was like "We WILL find out what happened to Clementine DAY ONE!"  So I was like, "OK.") also picked up Clive Barker's Jericho (couldn't pass it up for a buck twenty five), the Darkness 2 (I loved the first one but have been dragging my ass picking up the sequel apparently for this occassion) and "I have no mouth but I must scream."  The frustrating part about Aliens: CM is the multiplayer community is completely dead for it.  I have a handful of challenges left to get all the unlocks and the last game achievement and NO ONE is playing it.  I had hoped it would pick up a bit since the game just went on sale again but nope.  Which is a shame, I actually really enjoyed the team DM.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: November 02, 2013, 12:52:07 am »

So, I got my 3rd character in WoW to 90.

Shaman, Warlock and Deathknight.

Taking a break.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8031 on: November 02, 2013, 07:43:06 am »

Roll a tank and level using the random dungeon queue. It makes you take a very very long break.

At least, that's what I think.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8032 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:44 am »

Avadon yet again. Completed the third character quest, slaying Zhossa Mindtaker in a pain in the ass fight after a pain in the ass trapdoor puzzle with a pretty neat circle puzzle but that means there is one character left to go and I slayed a dragon!
Should also bring the Shadowwalker instead of the Shaman, as while the heals were good, the SW brings in Backstab Crits for shitloads of shitloads of damage, and I mean shitloads. Out damages a crit from my dedicated Dex/Archery Blademaster and Dexterity is the best stat in the game.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: November 02, 2013, 06:35:16 pm »

Roll a tank and level using the random dungeon queue. It makes you take a very very long break.

I have a Paladin sitting on the side lines wanting to be leveled.

Though I feel sorry for my Warrior I started back in 05, collecting dust wanting to be touched.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8034 on: November 03, 2013, 02:40:41 am »

which one of you assholes told me that cookie clicker was a fun game to play.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8035 on: November 03, 2013, 02:52:17 am »

which one of you assholes told me that cookie clicker was a fun game to play.
Sorry. :3c

EDIT: Battlefield 4. Really digging it so far. It also comes with a download code for the PS4 version, so when I get a PS4 I only have to drop $10 to upgrade. It'll be nice playing with a full 64 players.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:21:21 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8036 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:55 am »

Yeah, my brother just bought black flag (Finally, another assassin's creed game that I enjoy!) And the guys at gamestop told me I could trade in the hard copy of our ps3 version for a hard copy of the ps4 version for only ten bucks. I thought that was really cool until I realized the game itself came with a ticket that has the exact same goddamn offer.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8037 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:06 am »

Gamestop is so sketchy xD

LEGO MARVEL IS AWESOME, BY THE WAY. I ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO GIVE IT A SHOT.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: November 03, 2013, 01:36:55 pm »

Been replaying Minecraft. The new update they put out has really brought me back into the game.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8039 on: November 04, 2013, 11:35:19 pm »

Assassin's Creed 4.
I can't stop fucking laughing, I just spent 15 minutes on an island hunting, and 10 minutes of that was the jaguar maul quicktime event. I would find a howler monkey, raise my dart gun to shoot it, and then immediately get mauled by a jaguar. This happened maybe 8 or 9 times, and I killed the jaguar every single time. Then I realized that I had all of the skins I needed, so I decided to quit the game and then start it again so I don't have to run back to the boat. As soon as I loaded my save, before the HUD even appeared, I was mauled by a jaguar.

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: