The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 28, 2014, 03:47:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 592465 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8055 on: November 08, 2013, 07:12:14 pm »

Holy shit, I'm going to run away and spend the rest of my life playing King Arthur's Gold.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8056 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »

The proximity chat is pretty bad.  It makes the walkie talkie one of the most worthwhile pickups.  And I think you're right, a lot of player don't realize that if you bunch up you can't melee effectively.  

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8057 on: November 10, 2013, 09:31:06 pm »

Tried out Thief: Deadly Shadows... I like it way more than the first two Thief games. The old ones feel so clunky and awkward, it's hard getting into them. I'm enjoying Deadly Shadows way more though, everything feels much nicer and refined.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: November 11, 2013, 01:35:36 am »

Marvel Lego Heroes and Hitman Absolution.

Enjoying both so far.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8059 on: November 11, 2013, 04:12:58 am »

Tried out Thief: Deadly Shadows... I like it way more than the first two Thief games. The old ones feel so clunky and awkward, it's hard getting into them. I'm enjoying Deadly Shadows way more though, everything feels much nicer and refined.
I liked the control scheme for DS, I hated the dumbed down difficulty system.  In the first two increasing the difficulty added objectives which essentially expanded the story.  DS just increased the percentage of loot you had to nab before you could complete a level.  They're all well worth playing though.  Speaking of which, I need to replay them before the new one comes out.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8060 on: November 11, 2013, 04:15:03 am »

I'm just having a hard time getting past the clunkyness. I'm on the second level and I'm getting mauled by zombies, and block with the sword doesn't do anything to protect me against them.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8061 on: November 11, 2013, 07:19:54 am »

The Thief series zombies are some of the best zombies in video games, slow but relentless.  Unless you have holy water just avoid them entirely.  I never thought they felt clunky.  But then I played it when it first came out and the original thief was ground breaking at the time.  There really wasn't anything else to compare it to and control schemes for shooters overall have improved since then.

EDIT:  Even though I preordered the new Thief pretty much as soon as it was possible to do so I continue to have misgivings about it.

1.  It's a "reboot" not a real sequel.  Which pisses me off because Deadly Shadows had an awesome ending, one which let veteran players feel like they had come full circle in an amazing journey while definitely implying that future games would have Garret in the mentor role of a new thief.  Something I had been looking forward to playing for a long time.

2.  Garret's original voice actor isn't returning.  Bah.  Another reason to not have him as the main character again.  Oh well, the sequels I imagaine or want are rarely the ones that get made.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:34:39 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8062 on: November 11, 2013, 01:58:24 pm »

The new Thief game is shaping up to be pretty bad if you've been keeping an eye on it, anytime something about it is announced, it's followed by pissed off fans.

Also, I mean clunky in the controls and gameplay sense. Maybe it's because, like you said, you played it when it released and it was a big thing and there wasn't much to compare to (except maybe Half Life, which at least looks graphically superior), and you got used to the game. But myself, as somebody trying it out like 15 years later, when a lot has improved with games over the years, Thief just feels to me like it hasn't aged well. I wasn't aware Holy Water would be used on zombies, so maybe I'll try that again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:02:30 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8063 on: November 11, 2013, 03:30:34 pm »

I wasn't aware Holy Water would be used on zombies, so maybe I'll try that again.
I'm trying to remember because it's been a long time but if I recall you have to either bless your water arrows at a shrine or activate an item that does the same thing.  Either way the effect is temporary and consumes water arrows (I think it takes two or three per zombie, possibly more based on difficulty.)  Only my very first playthrough of the original Thief wasn't on the hardest setting (Expert) and I very rarely took the time to actually kill zombies unless one was making something I was trying to do completely impossible.  They aren't too hard to outrun or confuse when you get used to them and once you get to the mission where you are in an underground network of crypts just surrounded by them the entire time you realize wasting resources to kill them isn't practical.  And while I definitely admit that playing every mission on Expert may not be for everyone, if you don't at least play the escape from cragscleft prison mission in Thief 1 on Expert you won't have the slightest idea who Basso the Boxman is in Thief 2.  And actually getting Basso out of Cragscleft is one of those gaming achievements you will remember for the rest of your life.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8064 on: November 11, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »

Got those Thief games in a Steam Bundle Sale Set and still haven't gotten around to them. I'd still play them on easy because I'm still an elephant when it comes to stealth.

And getting back into Dungeons of Dredmor, Rougish Renovation mod adds a crapton of new stuff, including my personal favorite mage skill Radiant Wizard. It's almost like a new expansion pack with all the content it adds.

Ninja'd: 863
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »

I think I'm done playing Hitman Absolution

Was a fun time, but the fucking disguise system is fucking terrible. Holy shit one of the key aspects of hitman was disguising yourself as someone else and proceeding to hit the target.

and this game fucking needs you to get certain disguises if you need to get through, but if your low on instinct your shit out of luck.

Going back to Hitman Contracts.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #8066 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:55 am »

Kerbal Space Program
You know what's awesome?
Launching one of your Kerbals into a Mun orbit, fucking up your exit burn, running out of fuel trying to correct it, and sending your closest attempt at a Munshot reeling into space and losing a Kerbalnaut in the process.
I think I'm up for mission commander of the year.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8067 on: November 12, 2013, 10:46:34 am »

I think I'm done playing Hitman Absolution

Was a fun time, but the fucking disguise system is fucking terrible. Holy shit one of the key aspects of hitman was disguising yourself as someone else and proceeding to hit the target.

and this game fucking needs you to get certain disguises if you need to get through, but if your low on instinct your shit out of luck.

Going back to Hitman Contracts.
Absolution is definitely the oddball in the Hitman family.  I started out liking it despite the differences but about a third of the way through the game it was feeling more like a chore than fun to play it.  So I stopped...  It's now on my list of "I need to get back to this someday to finish it but probably never will."

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8068 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:20 am »

Dablooooooo threeeeseseeeee

#brothergame

It's really fun in xbox

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8069 on: November 12, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »

Some Wind Waker HD. I forgot how boring Zelda is for me.

Also playing the new Ratchet & Clank game, now this is a lot of fun.

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: