The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 22, 2014, 05:55:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 586539 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8145 on: December 12, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »

It... It won't let me get only fallout 2 and tactics! Noooooo!

I was able to get it, when you go to redeem it you have to click the x button next to the Fallout when it asks if you want it to be a gift or not.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8146 on: December 12, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »

Wasteland 2 beta!

Squee!!!

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: December 12, 2013, 10:02:12 pm »

Wasteland 2 beta!

Squee!!!

sonofabitch.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: December 12, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »

I'm still grinding scholar and father back on level 1... bleh...

Build two or more libraries. Then after you've done everything you can with them, tear 'em the fuck down and build other shit in their place. Also remember that the dining area counts toward the Father. I couldn't figure out why I had one left even though I'd built everything that could be upgraded...and then smacked myself for not thinking of it.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8149 on: December 12, 2013, 11:51:51 pm »

Kingdom Hearts II, charging onward and getting into loads of plot. Feels good to be making progress on my backlog.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8150 on: December 13, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

First impressions of Wasteland are VERY positive so far.  You start out being briefed by "General Vargas" who I can only assume is "Snake Vargas" one of the possible pre-made characters from the original so right off the bat I was hit square in the face with a massive helping of sweet sweet nostalgia.  The create a character mode is pretty robust, though the models look a little low res.  The styles to choose from are pretty cool though, ranging from Native American influence, to modern day combat gear to post apocalyptic/cyberpunk aesthetic and you can mix and match pieces to your hearts content.  The interface is intuitive so far and the GUI is supposed to be customizable though I haven't messed with it yet to see what that really means.  I put together a team of pre-made characters to start with (infiltrator, scavenger, combat medic and sniper) and played for just over an hour which consisted of starting the first quest mission and then immediately getting sidetracked with exploring and general fucking about, some of which resulted in an ass chewing from Varga for trying to defile the graves of the fallen Rangers.  If he didn't want me trying to dig up the dead he shouldn't have left a shovel lying around where I could find it.  I also created a couple of my own characters and will probably end up running a game with at least one of them shortly because I'm impatient to see how they implemented toaster repair in this game.

EDIT:  The Wasteland 2 early access is now up in the Steam store.  Join now and get these cool digital extras:

-- A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
-- Two digital novellas set in The Wasteland world
-- Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 OST in digital format
-- A digital concept art book

Though it should be noted that the extras are not available yet.  It should also be noted that these extras are exclusive to those who backed it and to those who get in on the early access.  It should be further noted that your input in the early access will help make the final game a better product.  They're still tweaking/adding skills and such.  Get in on the ground floor.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:40:39 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8151 on: December 14, 2013, 10:25:50 am »

I was going to play Blackwell or another Steam game but reinstalled Galactic Civilizations II and went on a killer bender for 5 hours. Next thing I knew, it was 1 AM and I wanted to quit over an hour ago. All while managing a small slice of the galaxy while the humans were conquering left and right, slaughtering races and gobbling up chunks of the galaxy. They have the numbers but I have the firepower and means to counter their military, just gotta buff up my soldiering and then I'm good to go to war.

Xanatos
ARC Support Staff

Forever

xanatos_forever@hotmail.com XanatosForever
View Profile Email
« Reply #8152 on: December 14, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »

Playing a few things. Assassin's Creed II is my current single player endeavor. For multiplayer I've been playing a lot of Iron Brigade with local friends. It's been pretty fun.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8153 on: December 15, 2013, 02:44:23 am »

Just beat Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Great game, and dat ending, goddamn.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8154 on: December 16, 2013, 07:52:07 am »

Tony Hawk's Underground, Ty The Tasmanian Tiger and Blackwell Convergence, with a crapload of GalCivII.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: December 16, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Gonna start playing Baldur's Gate EE.

Don't know what I'm going to go as, probably a Paladin or Black Guard.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8156 on: December 16, 2013, 01:09:07 pm »

I think it's interesting the uproar that the Wasteland 2 beta is causing in the Steam forums.  For those who don't know, the final price point for Wasteland 2 hasn't been set yet though the devs have tossed around numbers like 25 or 30 dollars so I doubt very much it will exceed 30.  Back during the Kickstarter the backers who pledged at 60 or more (such as myself) got access to the beta as soon as it was available.  Two or three days afterward the beta was opened to anyone on Steam willing pay 60 bucks.  Those who do pay the 60 bucks also get a handful of goodies that were previously only available to backers that people who buy the game at its final price won't get.  Apparently some people have a problem this though for the life of me I can't figure out why.  It's very simple.  If you don't want to be involved in the beta, wait for the "real" release.  But don't expect the devs to make the beta available to someone at a price point less than the backers who put their money on the line since before day 1.  The ones on Steam who are now cursing the devs unto the seventh generation and claiming they will now not buy the game at all because they are pissed at the devs for not making an open beta... take a chill pill and have yourself a reality check. 

In other news, still dicking around with the WL2 beta.  I have a few gripes/nitpicks and I'll probably be submitting a bug report before the end of the week.  But overall it's good.  The tone is spot on.  And at least one of the other "original" characters is still alive and kicking which made me inordinately happy.  Somehow I mised picking her up the first time I played. 

Also I just hit tier 3 in DCU Online.  The steady stream of content that keeps opening up is pretty nice considering I technically maxed out my character level weeks ago.  The combat rating thing takes a bit to get used to but it's a nice gimmick that keeps you from having to grind levels with each new expansion.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8157 on: December 17, 2013, 02:17:06 pm »

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, reminds me of Jak & Daxter, one of the most sublime platformers to ever grace the PS2. Ty can't hold a candle to it but it's still fun.
And Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, can't compare to Sands of Time but speed kills are one amazing feature: FF combat to get back to acrobatics.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: December 18, 2013, 04:25:50 pm »

In just a few short minutes, I'll be playing episode 1 of TellTale's Walking Dead: Season 2. I've been awake for roughly 27 hours thus I'm not exactly in the most sound mental state, so I'm expecting so many feels.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8159 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:35 pm »

I downloaded it yesterday but my wife won't allow me to play it until she has free time to watch.  Let me know if there's anything special you have you to do to sync your saves from season 1 or if it autodetects.

Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: