The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 26, 2014, 09:11:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 522860 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8175 on: December 25, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »

My sister is playing Tales of Graces on PS3 right now. It's like there's some unwritten rule that all JRPGs hire the absolute worst voice actors to go along with their terrible writing.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8176 on: December 25, 2013, 09:47:08 pm »

Merry Wintereenmas everybody! Except it's better to say "Merry Christmas"!

Hope you guys got some cool vidya.

Also Steam is giving away Left 4 Dead 2 for FREE.

Grab em while you can, because I don't think this will last forever.

My mom got a new iPad Mini so been playing Bastion on it. And Bastion, holy shit it's amazing on it. Like seriously amazing. So amazing. And more games, enough that it'll take me a while to get through them.
But the top of the heap is the elusive Pikmin Wii Edition and Front Mission 4, because Wanzers warrants an immature giggle and Front Mission DS was mad deep.

Ninja'd: 863
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: December 26, 2013, 01:58:48 am »

I'm assuming Bastion is worth the 99 cents then? I've been filling my ipad with games...so far I have Final Fantasy Tactics, The Bard's Tale, Republique, a couple free time waster games, and this one called Bloodmasque from SquareEnix. It's almost definitely a wallet warrior kind of game, but I snagged it while it was free, and it's pretty decent. I haven't had to put any money into it and I've been doing just fine. Hell, if it's still free, all of you iPad owners should help a brother out and download it, join up, and put in my user ID so I can get some rubies. 3-7786-8858.

I HAD Phoenix Wright because I thought it was free for Christmas or something, but it being Capcom, I had suspicions. Then I found out only the first two cases are free and then you have to pay $15 for the rest. Noped out of that real quick.

I'd pick up The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us had I not already got the season passes on 360.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8178 on: December 26, 2013, 02:04:43 am »

HK-47 playing a modern game, shocking!

Bastion is worth more than 99 cents, it's a pretty good game, but I wouldn't get it for the iPad, solely because the god awful touch controls that most all iOS device games have would make it really awkward to play. Just get it on PC or 360 or whatever.

As for The Walking Dead, I heard the iOS version is riddled with bugs.

Anyways, I got the Quake Collection on Steam, downloading the Ultimate Patch for Quake 1 right now, because there's lots of issues with it, it won't retain any settings I change, some graphical issues, etc.

I've also been mostly playing Battlefield 4 lately. Sniping is my favorite thing to do in any game but goddamn can it be difficult in Battlefield, I just got that bullpup sniper rifle chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum, can't remember what the gun itself was called, but the velocity of the .338 round is a lot faster than the .308 NATO, so I don't have to lead my shots quite as heavily, but the 5+1 capacity vs 10+1 kinda sucks. I've also been doing engineer more, should unlock the RPG-7 soon, because tanks are annoying.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:09:02 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8179 on: December 26, 2013, 10:03:43 am »

La Mulana.  It was on sale super cheap (buck fifty or less) a day or so into the winter sale and I'm glad I picked it up.  A 2-D side scrolling platformer, it's sort of hard to pigeonhole but it has elements of metroidvania with an emphasis on puzzle solving.  Like the first area has a useful item hidden it that requires you navigate almost the entire area multiple times to finally get your hands on it.  Which felt like a major accomplishment until I realized that as cool and useful as the item was it really didn't do anything to help me with the obstacles keeping me from exploring further into the tomb.  If you like games that stress problem solving, exploration and gadget collecting give it a look.

Also "How to survive" seems pretty promising.  It has local co-op even on PC which is a feature usually missing.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: December 26, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »

More Baldur's Gate EE.

Those spiders man, those spiders.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8181 on: December 26, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »

Batman Arkham Origins...sooo this is arkham city with different skins ._. well that's boring

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8182 on: December 26, 2013, 11:05:37 pm »

It's... Yeah. Kinda disappointing.

At least, that's what I think.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8183 on: December 27, 2013, 01:42:35 am »

HK-47 playing a modern game, shocking!

Bastion is worth more than 99 cents, it's a pretty good game, but I wouldn't get it for the iPad, solely because the god awful touch controls that most all iOS device games have would make it really awkward to play. Just get it on PC or 360 or whatever.

Modern games on my modern tablet! I am now recent!

The controls actually work for it. You either tap where you want The Kid to go or use a virtual joystick and he attacks automatically whenever enemies or breakables get in range.
And I have it on PC but can't play it. The soundtrack is still superb.

I'm assuming Bastion is worth the 99 cents then? I've been filling my ipad with games...so far I have Final Fantasy Tactics, The Bard's Tale, Republique, a couple free time waster games, and this one called Bloodmasque from SquareEnix. It's almost definitely a wallet warrior kind of game, but I snagged it while it was free, and it's pretty decent. I haven't had to put any money into it and I've been doing just fine. Hell, if it's still free, all of you iPad owners should help a brother out and download it, join up, and put in my user ID so I can get some rubies. 3-7786-8858.

I HAD Phoenix Wright because I thought it was free for Christmas or something, but it being Capcom, I had suspicions. Then I found out only the first two cases are free and then you have to pay $15 for the rest. Noped out of that real quick.

I'd pick up The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us had I not already got the season passes on 360.

So worth the 99 cents, and the sound still holds up to it's amazing glory. The sound had to get another mention.

Final Fantasy Tactics is too expensive for my tablet taste but still one I'll keep an eye on if SquareEnix ever puts it on the cheap. And how are the controls for it?
The Bards' Tale I played on the Playbook solely for Tony Jay, and it was still real good.

And Ghost Trick is on sale for 99 cents as well, the first two chapters are free but you can buy the rest for said price.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8184 on: December 27, 2013, 06:00:03 am »

Played some Max Payne 3 last night.  When it was working it seemed great.  But on Steam it has a tendency to hang up when intially loading and when I actually did manage to get it to play I played for about two hours before getting the first BSOD I've ever had on PC while playing a game.  I am dissapoint.

Got a little further into La Mulana after giving up on Max Payne.  Slowly branching out my exploration and found a new item that will help me get past one of the primary obstacles I've encountered so far.  HK, I think you would like this game and I bet your PC can run it.  It has a difficulty curve that reminds me of Shiren even though it's not a roguelike.  One of the reviews for it described it as the bastard offspring of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Dark Souls.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8185 on: December 27, 2013, 11:08:41 am »

Modern games on my modern tablet! I am now recent!

The controls actually work for it. You either tap where you want The Kid to go or use a virtual joystick and he attacks automatically whenever enemies or breakables get in range.
And I have it on PC but can't play it. The soundtrack is still superb.

So worth the 99 cents, and the sound still holds up to it's amazing glory. The sound had to get another mention.

Final Fantasy Tactics is too expensive for my tablet taste but still one I'll keep an eye on if SquareEnix ever puts it on the cheap. And how are the controls for it?
Normally I've had a bad experience with touch controls just being super awkward, mainly with action games like bastion and such. I've never played FF Tactics, but it seems like something where the controls would be pretty straightforward.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: December 28, 2013, 03:21:06 am »

Hate to say it, but the current price of $6.99 is FFT being offered at 50% off. SquareEnix games are crazy expensive, so if you plan on ever picking it up, now's probably the time. Personally, I ignored the price. It's a 55 hour game, and one of my favorites from my childhood. As for the controls, they translate pretty well to tablet gaming. I still need to get used to them, myself, but that's true for any tablet game.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8187 on: December 28, 2013, 05:21:37 am »

Got Max Payne 3 working consistently.  It's sort of sad when the official Rockstar support page for the game links to a thread in the Steam forums because a fan figured out how to get the game working but at least they gave credit where it was due.  Gameplay wise I like it.  Themetically I'm kind of dissapointed it isn't paced the same as the first two and seems to lack the little touches that made the world more immersive like the baseball bat boy comic strips and fake TV shows.  And the weird strobing thing during cut scenes is annoying.

La Mulana continues to be bitch hard.  I got past the waterfall to enter the water area but can't seem to fast travel to it if I leave.  And exploration here is a PITA because the water does continuous damage. 

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8188 on: December 28, 2013, 09:37:33 pm »

New Vegas is like Fallout 3 if Fallout 3 took a look at WoW from across the bar and was like "Hey. I like dat shit."  N then they totally boned.

D3 Is still a fucking riot, makes a fun drinking game as well.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: December 29, 2013, 03:56:23 am »

...Princess Maker 2.

What have I become.

Edit: Well...I became a heartless parent. My daughter, however, is the best damn mercenary the world has ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:39:58 am by TeeZee » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 559   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: