The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 31, 2014, 07:36:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 559   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 527277 times)
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8280 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:42 pm »

So whats the difference between the free version of Tome and the Steam version?

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8281 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:20 pm »

From what I know:
Achievements
Unlockables that have no effect on gameplay but are for appearances and stuff. The word escapes me at the moment.
Vault Storage that comes into play mid-game:
(click to show/hide)
Exploration mode, think it's infinite lives and for scrubs.

Classes/Species are probably uniform for free/purchased versions.

Ninja'd: 863
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:26 pm »

Giving Elona a try. I still have to get used to the controls, but I've been enjoying it. My pet little girl is the shit.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8283 on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »

Log introduced me to Elona years ago, played as a Fairy/Claymore and was untouchable with my crazy ass evasion and ability to stab like a convict. Remember having a Golden Bell, Little Girl and another girl in my party of chicks and infesting the main town with the king and plot with a Chess King, which spawned shitloads of enemies in the area outside the castle or at lease where the important plot point was as well as some scattered all over the town. Never could continue the plot after that, so I just went and worked on getting a Little Cat Sister.

It was worth every one of those 85 medals.

So worth it.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: February 18, 2014, 01:06:04 am »

I just tried to read a spellbook and it spawned a dick-ton of fire monsters. Pretty sure the mining town is going to burn to ashes.

Oops.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8285 on: February 18, 2014, 01:19:36 am »

Tales of Maj'Eyal, pure end-game stuff, pure ass kickery and some close calls, but them crits and lightning mods. I'm running with +56% Lightning Penetration, +40% Lightning Damage, 200% Crit Damage and upwards of 60% Spell crits. I cannot get enough of how sweet it is against crowds.

After setting up an orb and having a flaming buffed up ass-kicking shitkicker of a scrotum punching demon who can easily and without a doubt kick my ass with no chance of survival or any reasonable chance of winning, I teleported away and tackled the final Pride, which had the douchiness to have a few Anti-Magic, Mana Clash using bastards. If my mana drops to zero, I'm fucked. 8 Sustains and having my carrying capacity reliant on another sustain and the fact that with all that crap Mana Clash takes off 40% of the total and if shit looks like it's getting real I use the Time Shield + Aegis combo that knocks off about 110 Mana, or a fat 20%, initial attacks... it's a risky business. But I am glad that the boss for the zone wasn't an Anti-Magic user. That would not have been fun.

Slime Tunnels, where that buffed up sonnova bitch is lying in wait to kick my ass, but I got Dispel Magic, which was worth investing in Meta for that alone, for that exact moment where he sends me to the Fearscape. To nullify that, makes spending a category point completely and utterly worth it, regardless of it's rarity.

And with 800 more gold, I can get a third pimped out item, this time a hat. That Aegis Tree bonus is pretty worthwhile but a new hat! Decked with stats! Or a new ring, but something with stun resistance.

Maybe I can start on Inquisitor after this, or play as a Reaver. Dual-wielding axes like a badass. Or dual-wielding swords. Dual-wielding anything that doesn't require two hands, power fueled by wanton murder, it's a good class.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:36 am »

So thinking of using my money from my Income Tax to buy a new pc.

Wondering how I should do this, want to buy a cheap but effective computer.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8287 on: February 19, 2014, 03:47:10 am »

So thinking of using my money from my Income Tax to buy a new pc.

Wondering how I should do this, want to buy a cheap but effective computer.
This is a build I had planned. About $550-$600, and should work well enough to run a lot of newer games, maybe not at full power mind you, but it should work quite well.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8288 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »

Giving Elona a try. I still have to get used to the controls, but I've been enjoying it. My pet little girl is the shit.
I use shit that I've seen in that game when I'm trying to explain what Roguelikes are like.

I once put on a cursed ring and couldn't take it back off, so I used a shitload of scrolls of softening and just ate it off my finger.

At least, that's what I think.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: February 21, 2014, 12:59:22 am »

Borderlands 2.

Almost finished with the game and holy balls, the difficulty seems to jump outa nowhere.

I can't find anything to subset this fact and fuck Lynchwood and its respawning dicks.

"Dakkadakkadakka"
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8290 on: February 21, 2014, 01:15:08 am »

Borderlands 2.

Almost finished with the game and holy balls, the difficulty seems to jump outa nowhere.

I can't find anything to subset this fact and fuck Lynchwood and its respawning dicks.
Borderlands 2 is incredibly unbalanced for single player, unfortunately.

Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #8291 on: February 24, 2014, 11:19:25 pm »

Call of Duty Ghosts
I'd really like to know why I bought this game. I don't even really like Call of Duty. No matter how much I play it I can't get any better. It took me like three days on Halo to get to a point where I can actually get more than 15 kills consistently, but on CoD? lol nah
I guess it was either CoD or Battlefield and I'll drink a radioactive bleach and ammonia cocktail before I give EA money for one of their bullshit "access codes" they make you buy to play online with a used game.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8292 on: February 25, 2014, 01:04:29 am »

I'll drink a radioactive bleach and ammonia cocktail before I give EA money for one of their bullshit "access codes" they make you buy to play online with a used game.
You do realize EA stopped online passes last year, right? And EA isn't the only company to have had them either, there have been plenty others to have online passes. Also, Battlefield 4 is fantastic. The whole "Lol EA sux" circlejerk is getting kinda tiresome. The only reason people are flipping shit over the whole Dungeon Keeper thing is because EA made it.

Anyways, EDF 2025. Level 31 is a fucking bitch. TWO giant ant queens.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:09:26 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8293 on: February 26, 2014, 09:37:03 am »

So after spending most of the weekend preloading it, I played the new Thief right after I got home from work last night.  Within two hours I was back to playing DCU Online trying to grind for a couple of rare style drops I'm still after.  

So... yea... not super impressed with Thief so far so here's a dump of my initial impressions.

Linear as fuck so far and along with that the prologue was painfully annoying.  Here's an unlikeable character, now spend forty minutes hanging out with her.  I also hate the new voice of Garrett.  Seriously hate it.  The graphics are decent but not amazing, certainly not at the same level as Tomb Raider (which I call out because it's another Squeenix game), or even Far Cry 3 though for some reason the benchmark for Thief ran much slower and my CPU SRCREAMS at this game.  Like I got Far Cry 3 to make my CPU throw up a heat warning on a hot day after a couple hours of play time.  Thief?  It made my CPU puke out the next level heat warning ON THE MENU SCREEN, so I have to assume it's not optimized for PC terribly well.  I do like the little touches of looting, methodically searching drawers, feeling for hidden switches behind painting frames, the lock picking isn't terrible.  The checkpoint save system is neat (if you hide undetected in certain lockers/cabinets/closets you get a checkpoint save.)  It has potential and it might get better later.  I certainly hope it gets better later.  But for now I'm pretty saddened that they put the Thief name on this product.  

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8294 on: February 26, 2014, 07:00:36 pm »

This is why you don't Pre Order on Steam. I mean, even fucking EA lets you refund games on Origin.

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 559   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: