The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 02, 2014, 06:27:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 558776 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8310 on: March 13, 2014, 10:32:26 am »

Which reminds me, I never get back to playing the original Dark Souls after I picked up the DLC.  I need to do that one of these days.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8311 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:23 pm »

Tales of Maj'Eyal

*Enter a monster-filled room going down the steps*
*Go right back up*
*Buff up my bad self, resort my talents and head back down*
*Switch places with my Golem, who is on the other side of the map and in a pillar*
*Make my way back there*
*Open door*
Alchemist Moi: Oh hai gaiz, I'm just chec- EAT FIRE BOMB BITCHES
*Half the room is dead*
-One turn later-
*3/4 of the room is dead*
-Wait another two turns-
*A monster creeps out*
Alchemist Moi: EAT SHIT AND DIE
*Fire bomb that cleans 'em up*

Seriously loving the Alchemist. Can see why it's the unlocked mage class instead of Archmage (Hardly a spoiler) or the other one (Total spoiler). Sweet ass bomb attack that has a killer blast radius and can alter it to deal Acid or Lightning damage with there being a skill to prevent it from damaging you or your golem; said golem, who is a glorious tank and who even, no jokes, beat The Master for me. He literally finished the guy off while off-screen. That's just awesomeness. And you can slap on some Runes if you invest enough into Adv. Golemancy (Something you're getting as an Alchemist). And the money you get from transmuting useless crap into gems, which synergies with the Dwarf's racial "Money is Power", more gold means more saves. Getting +17 saves from only 3 ranks into it, in Phys/Mental/Spell saves.

Crazy fun, and it's a good way to help unlock Wildfire, which I heard was kickass as all hell.

Ninja'd: 863
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8312 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:11 am »

Dark Souls 2. Get summoned to help someone kill the pursuer, accidentally shoot the player with a ballista. Whoops!

Also, Fuuuuuuck the Ruin sentinels.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8313 on: March 18, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »

Yeah I've been having to summon a lot more for Dark Souls 2. The Ruin Sentinels are a BITCH. Also, for the Pursuer, lure him with one of his slow ass attacks in front of the broken section of ledge, and then quickly run to the ballista and shoot him with it, takes down like 99% of his health.

Just got MGS5 Ground Zeroes today, waiting for my sister to get off the PS4 so I can play it.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8314 on: March 18, 2014, 07:14:01 pm »

Eh, I didn't have trouble with the Pursuer after my first fight. Also, apparently my problem with the ruin sentinels was other people. I was practicing, and people kept dying, or dropping them down before anyone was ready. I started the fight with two summons, both of them died to the first sentinel, and I managed to kill the rest of them without using much in the way of healing.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8315 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:12 am »

Pursuer really wasn't that bad, he's very easy to dodge, I just wanted to get it done the fast way. Speaking of bosses...
(click to show/hide)

So played through Ground Zeroes. If you don't know, it's basically a glorified demo for MGS5: The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes acts as a sort of epilogue to The Phantom Pain, to introduce fans to the games new gameplay mechanics and features (Reflex mode, the game being open world, vehicles, etc, etc). It's sold at a lowered price, I got it for $35, I think it's about $30 in the US. The main mission can be beat in half an hour, but there's several side missions, and the side missions all have their own little side challenges to beat. I'd say it's only worth it if you're a big fan of metal gear, and could see yourself replaying it a lot, I got through all the games content in about 3 or 4 hours, however I only have 34% on it, so there's still stuff for me to go back for.

Anyways, the game itself... Unlike previous games, MGS5 Ground Zeroes takes place in an open world environment, albeit a very small one (The Phantom Pain will have a much larger world), giving you a lot more freedom in how you want to get shit done. The gameplay has been streamlined a fair bit, Snake's movements are a lot more fluid, and you have a bit more freedom of movement, you can now sprint, climbing is faster and less clunky, and you can vault and jump over obstacles.
Features of more modern stealth games have been brought in as well, such as the ability to tag enemies (Like Far Cry 3, or the more recent Splinter Cell games) so you can track their movement, and there's also "Reflex", when an enemy spots you, the game will go slow motion, giving you a short opportunity to whip out your gun and pop off a shot at the enemy before they alert the others. What's nice is that if you don't like either of the two previously mentioned new features, you can disable them entirely from the options menu.
Speaking of enemies, they're a lot more dynamic this time around. In previous games, enemies had a short field of view, and if you entered that field of view you would be immediately spotted, or if they caught a glimpse of you they'd either pass it off as nothing, or take a look before quickly returning to their patrol. The enemies of MGS5 now have a longer field of view, but that doesn't mean they'll identify you as a target right away, they might shine a flashlight at you to get a better look, or even walk towards you to confirm if you're a friend or foe, if you move away before they can get a good look, they'll call up on the radio stating that they saw a suspicious person, and that they'd like reinforcements so they can investigate.

Anyways, I could go on and on, but I'm having a ton of fun with it. The PS4 version has its own exclusive mission where you explore the game world, and recreate scenes from MGS1, it's full of easter eggs and other fun secrets, you can even unlock a MGS1 Snake or Gray Fox costume to use during that mission, or dress the enemy soldiers up as Genome Soldiers.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:18:37 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: March 19, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »

I just got the Tonberry King in FFVIII.

Holy crap, killed so many of them.

All i could see now is demis..demis everywhere.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8317 on: March 20, 2014, 01:09:26 pm »

like tonberry and cactaur?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8318 on: March 22, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »

Tales of Maj'Eyal

Sold off most of my dragon hoard of gems while keeping the good Class 4/5 for enchants and more alchemist gems and now I have enough to buy a fourth pimped out item from the Rich Merchant in Last Hope. 16,000 on jacked up gear and overall, it was completely worth it. Some of the stats I don't care about but one boosts all the elements used for Alchemist Bombs + Infusions, some real gnarly resistances, more saves and it's just awesome. Absolutely love that part, where you tell him to make some mad gear and it rolls to see how fly it'll be.

And Alchemist, all about that cash money.

Don't know what to get now: Belt is pretty sweet; already got Hat/Cloak/Cloth; Boots would most likely be for rogues so it'll be more of a gamble; gauntlets already give me +14% Spell crits and no way am I trading those in; rings are questionable (And the ones I have provide some nice status resistances) and so is amulet (Don't know about this one) and lite/totem are out of the question. Might try for some boots.

Edit: Started up a Female, Elvish (Thalloren? That one that gets +12% Damage/Resistance for five turns as a Class Talent and the pimp passives) Brawler and face punched my way through a few zones until I met an Adventuring party I thought I could take.
Never fight those parties when you're a Brawler. You can't punch faces fast or hard enough in those situations. For most others, I did: crystal dragons, wolves, bees, bee trees, bears, mages, skeleton mages, even in the arena I was punching punk ass fools in halves in a matter of turns. Pretty awesome.

Although I had more Generic Talent points than I could spend on worthwhile crap. Still, solid class choice and those pimped out gloves you can get late-game from that merchant must be seriously ball-bustingly awesome.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:37:43 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8319 on: March 25, 2014, 12:55:33 am »

Diablo 3. Crusader is fucking rad.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8320 on: March 26, 2014, 02:37:41 am »

Just beat Scorpioness Najka in Dark Soul 2, hit level 99. Goddamn this game is just as brutal as Dark Souls 1.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: March 26, 2014, 07:42:50 pm »

Just got to disc 3 on FFVIII and now I've stopped.

Mostly because I'm waiting for Metal Gear Rising: Revengence to come in from Gamefly.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8322 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:04 am »

Just beat Scorpioness Najka in Dark Soul 2, hit level 99. Goddamn this game is just as brutal as Dark Souls 1.

I hit level 125 or so yesterday, and I can't say I agree about the difficulty. This one is definitely still hard, and it's easily my favorite so far, but it feels like there are so many more secret shortcuts and bonfires that I rarely feel the same hesitation that I felt in Dark Souls.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8323 on: March 27, 2014, 06:09:29 pm »

I mainly mean with the bosses. They seem a lot more deadly than Dark Souls 1. In DaS1 I only had to summon once in need of help for a boss... Dark Souls 2 I've had to use it a lot more.

Also fuck Old Iron King. He wasn't too hard but you had to travel SO FAR to get to him if you died.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8324 on: March 27, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »

Elven Brawler again, got into a fist fight with the boss of the zone on the other side of Trollmere, after I punched a troll to death. That other boss was a giant bear.
Brawlers are so awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: