The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 23, 2014, 03:29:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 560   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 534869 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8340 on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:05 am »

Wrapped up The Walking Dead in another late night to early morning session and it was well worth the lack of sleep. Episode 5 alone was worth the price of admission for the emotional hurricane that it was.

(click to show/hide)

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8341 on: May 07, 2014, 06:08:57 pm »

I finally got around to playing the Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns.  So far, as much as I loved the original campaign this one outshines it in every regard.  I have no idea why I dragged my feet about getting into this DLC.  It has a much stronger opening story hook and even early on it feels much less linear.  To top it off there is an honest to god team of Shadowrunners you run with which has already added much more depth to the interactions.  (I'm not getting along with the Orc heavy weapons chick even a little bit...)  

I also finally downloaded "Outlast."  I keep hearing it's scary on par with Amnesia the dark descent, I'll find out for myself shortly whether or not that's really true.  Amnesia is one of the few games I've played where I was truly afraid, not just jump-scared into a reaction, so the bar is set pretty high.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:10:36 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8342 on: May 08, 2014, 01:04:42 pm »

Cthulhu Saves the World, I really like the level up choices and find that the only way I can lose on Normal is if I'm randomly attacking or just dicking around. With a full party, everything that we fight dies. And the game's pretty funny, the dancing zombies almost reminds me of The Bard's Tale, which is narrated by the late Tony Jay (Megabyte, Frollo and that one guy from Beauty and the Beast!)

And Team Fortress 2, Medic/Pyro/Heavy, mostly the first two and I feel like I do a good job as a Pyro, a bit chaotic but I can flank some enemy scouts quite nicely if they are already occupied, torch some spies on reflex and hunt them down and sometimes I can get up close to snipers or at best sneak up behind them by going the long way through a level to get behind them and roast them. Found Medic to be pretty essential and the crux to a good offense, kept my team alive when one and it's a real good feeling when you're what's keeping the offense going.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:08:45 pm by HK-47 » Logged

FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #8343 on: May 09, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

I finally got around to playing the Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns.  So far, as much as I loved the original campaign this one outshines it in every regard.  I have no idea why I dragged my feet about getting into this DLC.  It has a much stronger opening story hook and even early on it feels much less linear.  To top it off there is an honest to god team of Shadowrunners you run with which has already added much more depth to the interactions.  (I'm not getting along with the Orc heavy weapons chick even a little bit...)
I absolutely loved the game but felt that the main campaign sadly underused some mechanics (like etiquettes), and was too linear. But the modding tools released with the game gave me great hope for fan-made expansion of the game, I even think that this game is bound to be a classic if the mods are up to the par Smiley
Multiplayer would be awesome though (only thing missing to access to the Arcanum tier :p)

Team Fortress 2, Medic/Pyro/Heavy, mostly the first two
Seconded, even if I don't have TF2 installed at the moment.

For now I'm getting my ass handed to me in Might and Magic X Legacy (awesome game, since Might and Magic VI and VII are easily the games I most played, but X is tuned-based). When I get bored, I check the new ways to get my ass handed to me in FTL Advanced Edition.

Engrish as second language
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8344 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:56 pm »

I absolutely loved the game but felt that the main campaign sadly underused some mechanics (like etiquettes), and was too linear. But the modding tools released with the game gave me great hope for fan-made expansion of the game, I even think that this game is bound to be a classic if the mods are up to the par Smiley

There is some phenomenal UGC for Shadowruns.  I recently had to delete all of it and start over though.  Too much UGC installed at the same time was causing some serious stability problems with the game.

Cthulhu Saves the World, I really like the level up choices and find that the only way I can lose on Normal is if I'm randomly attacking or just dicking around. With a full party, everything that we fight dies. And the game's pretty funny, the dancing zombies almost reminds me of The Bard's Tale, which is narrated by the late Tony Jay (Megabyte, Frollo and that one guy from Beauty and the Beast!)

I loved Cthulhu saves the world.  Also check out Breath of Death VII and Penny Arcade episodes three and four (all done by the same guys.)  Penny Arcade episode three was phenomenal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:35:07 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8345 on: May 11, 2014, 01:34:27 am »

Red Faction 1. Got it cheap on PSN, along with Red Faction 2. I really loved RF1 on PC, used to play it a ton on PC. I'm pretty angry about it right now, though. Maybe it's just because it's the PS2 version, but the hit detection is AWFUL, I can be literally point blank and have rounds miss, and then the weapon accuracy is all over the place, where a bullet will land is totally random, and zerg rushing enemies is probably the fastest way to kill them.
Of course, this was before proper auto aim was invented on consoles, so it has that god awful lock on that was in GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, which only locks on to enemies chests. You can disable the autoaim, but good luck hitting anything.
What else? Well, I get to a boss fight, against some floating guy with a nanotech shield thingy that shoots lasers or some shit, anyways, an AI partner blows through a wall coming from some cave, in this cave is some gear to aid in the boss fight, so I go in there, get it, decide to save, and die... No biggie, reload autosave, and instant game over, the game thinks I went too far into the cave and abandoned the boss fight. Alright, no big deal, reload auto save. Wait, what's that? The game doesn't have auto save, even though auto save is a pretty widespread feature by then? Okay, well let's just go to level select and get as close as possibl- Wait, what? It doesn't have level select either? So I have to start the game over entirely? Hahahaha, fuck that, fuck your shit game design, I am not replaying that at all. I'll just wait for the PC version to go on sale, I'll cheat my way through so that I'm relatively close to where I was on the PS2 version, and continue from there normally.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8346 on: May 14, 2014, 10:12:35 pm »

Dragon Age: Origins and Saints Row: The Third, I'm so modern that I'm still borderline school girl happy on being able to play these games.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8347 on: May 14, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »

If you have Saint's Row 3 on Steam give me an invite some time, it's one of the best co-op games ever.

RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: May 15, 2014, 12:12:26 pm »

Just beat Spec Ops: The Line and Shadow Run. Haven't played Dragonfall yet, but I've got intentions for the use of my next few paychecks so it might wait a little while.
Playing Godus, Bioshock Infinite's Beneath the Sea, Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, FFX HD, KotOR and Shelter currently.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: May 15, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »

Walking Dead s2e03...I feel like the cameos from 400 Days were kind of forced and all the trouble I went through to get that perfect ending felt pointless, but overall it was yet another solid episode. I won't spoil it, but there are a few moments that are just so satisfyingly brutal I had to watch them again.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8350 on: May 15, 2014, 04:07:25 pm »

Walking Dead s2e03...I feel like the cameos from 400 Days were kind of forced and all the trouble I went through to get that perfect ending felt pointless, but overall it was yet another solid episode. I won't spoil it, but there are a few moments that are just so satisfyingly brutal I had to watch them again.

I downloaded the new episode but won't have time to play it til Saturday.  Looking forward to it but so far I've been more stoked about Wolf Among Us.

Just beat Spec Ops: The Line and Shadow Run. Haven't played Dragonfall yet, but I've got intentions for the use of my next few paychecks so it might wait a little while.
Playing Godus, Bioshock Infinite's Beneath the Sea, Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, FFX HD, KotOR and Shelter currently.

I've been playing through Dragonfall very very slowly for the last week and it is fantastic.  Dead Mans Switch had a good story and I was satisfied with it but Dragonfall is better in pretty much every respect.  If I have a key left for Dragonfall I'll PM it to you, I got a handful when it was released because I backed it, I can't remember if I gave them all away yet or not though.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8351 on: May 17, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

With GOG's Insomnia sale, Sam & Max Season 1 and 2. Will probably start them up again soon and either Hocus Pocus or Secret Agent, games from my childhood. Last 2 still on sale.

If you have Saint's Row 3 on Steam give me an invite some time, it's one of the best co-op games ever.

Definitely will sometime, been playing loads of it lately. Haven't done much with the story missions (Only enough to get another crib) but went through Gangstas in Space and plenty of the side quests, especially those fun assassinations. Dropping targets at 200 yards with your recoil-proof sniper rifle is wicked fun.

Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: June 07, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

Marvel Heroes, got my hand son Hulk and Ms. Marvel.

Now I just need Iron Man, Deadpool and Cable and then I'll be good.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8353 on: June 08, 2014, 04:26:00 am »

I picked up Injustice earlier this week when it was on sale and spent most of the last couple days playing it.  It's good but I'm certainly glad I didn't pay 60 bucks for it, 7.50 seems about right.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8354 on: June 08, 2014, 05:56:05 pm »

TF2, don't you hate it when nobody on your team runs medic? Someone has to jump the bonesaw and heal some dudes and keep the front lines alive, or the last defense kicking.
Even if I don't feel like it, I go medic if there isn't one. Someone has to if you want a chance at winning.

/Good Guy HK

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 560   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: