The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 22, 2014, 10:46:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 586758 times)
suntzu
Civillian Police

Up, up, and away!

perdicus98
View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2009, 08:22:59 pm »

Meadl of Honor: Frontline - PS2

He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2009, 10:22:23 pm »

That one was fun! Is that the one with the bonus video where the the team who made the game is paintballing?

I beat Metroid Prime, whats cool is that in Metroid Prime Trilogy, once you beat Prime, you unlock the feature to play as Samus in her Fusion Suit by purchasing it with earned credits, you can also purchase music, concept art, and other nifty things with the credit points in the game.

So yeah, playing Metroid Prime 2, I have never beaten it before, due to the fact that when I had it, IT STOPPED WORKING. That sucked! And the crappy thing is that Prime 2 is hard to come by around here for some reason.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

vile-grimoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 03:16:44 am »

=3 Metroid Prime 2. I've spent so many hours just enjoying that game. Really should clear it on Hard soon, but I'm really, really not looking forward to the Boost Guardian. That thing was a fucking nightmare on Normal.

Cute: Anything that will bring a horrible death upon unwanted visitors.

You know when they warn you about some crazy showing up here? That's me they're talking about. Tea?
Dara
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Hear that? That's the sound of my sanity snapping!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 04:25:28 am »

Whoever designed dwarf fortress has gave so much time to its mere features and mechanics that if someone brought up graphics I would expect them to burst into tears. Bloody hell. Mining, Farming, Workshops, Furnaces, Weapons, Hunting, Trading, mirgrants, beds, tables, rocks, metals, Gems, fish, Seas, Oceans, Cave ins, Herbs, Psychology, seasons, rain, Cats, Kittens, Dogs, Puppies, And all the rest of it. If he could have been more thorough, The game would play itself because he had accidentally created True A.I.

Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 03:09:53 am »

And then one of your dwarves is lit on fire and everything goes to hell.

You know when they warn you about some crazy showing up here? That's me they're talking about. Tea?
Dara
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 05:05:45 am »

Nope. They starve or get caught by Fucking Big fish. What the hell. I mean, When a dwarf attacks a carp, the carp isn't meant to win.

I haven't named them, as I'm still getting the hang of it. I just wish I could figure out how to make enough food for everyone. Mining I'm good at, but the bloody field is unfertilized, wild strawberries won't grow, they only drink out of water that, incidentally, contains many vindictive carp/pike/ other big ass fish, and it seems that AI is the big thing that the designer didn't understand, as all the dwarves in my fort are as intelligent as the rock it mines.

For one thing, they both sink a lot.

NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2009, 05:13:38 am »

You sure they're dwarves and not Gully Dwarves?

<.<

>.>

Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2009, 05:20:12 am »

According to the Wiki, I think caprs are listed as the most dangerous things in the game. Or that was maybe just the second Let's Play.

Two things for food: 1) Make indoors farm (yellow soil is what you can plant in). 2) Buy a fuckload of seeds from merchants.
If you have money problems, make a Craftdwarf's Workshop and set it to make rock craft. They sell for enough to ensure you can affor what you want. And make bins.

If drinking is a problem, try to make a well. And find the Dwarf Fortress Wiki. They have a very helpful guide for new players.

Dara
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2009, 05:27:11 am »

Ah, I use the wiki already. I use it whenever I run into something I don't understand. It is used a lot by me.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2009, 06:41:19 pm »

More Metroid Prime 2. Its a lot longer than I was expecting it to be, I'm around 15 hours in and I'm only barely close to the end. Metroid Prime 1 took me 8 Hours, 21 Minutes to complete.

Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:33 pm »

I used 31 hours, without doing 100%, to clear Prime 2.

If you want to cut down time and possibly save yourself a lot of backtracking, I would suggest the following:

Spoiler:
Pick up the seven keys you need for the final boss while going through the game. You need the Dark Visor, which I think you get after the second boss.
When you go through the game in the Light world, you will occasionally find dead Luminoths who can be scanned for log entries. You find the keys in the corresponding Dark rooms. The log from the luminoth often contains a hint on how to get it. Mind, at least some keys are impossible to get to before you have all the equipment.

To get the final boss keys, you must backtrack A LOT!

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »

The thing is that had no idea about the Keys while I was going through the game. So I probably missed several, I am following a guide on where to go, I have found Several so far.

The thing I don't like about Prime 2 is the exploring, it doesn't feel as fun to run around grabbing the keys as it did the 12 Artifacts in Prime 1, I guess because prime 1's environments are more interesting... These ones are kinda dull, as the whole Light/Dark thing was popular at the time, so they made Prime 2 a little more gritty looking.
Also, the Ammo system for the different beams, I don't see what the point of that was.

EDIT: Just beat Prime 2, even got the bonus ending thing where she takes her armor off before entering her ship. I got 87% of the items, which is good. Beat it in 11 hours, and 28 minutes, a lot less than what I though I beat it in. I was expecting... 20 Hours. Boy, was I off. XD
But to summarize my feelings on Prime 2, amazing game just like the first one, not as good as the first Prime, but still great.

So Metroid Prime Trilogy is amazing, the only negative I see is that some of the flare from Prime 1 is missing, like the water actually rippling realistically when you shoot it, now its just a 2d splash effect, and when you charge the ice beam, ice doesn't freeze over the gun like it did in the original, and I have no idea if they took out any tiny details in Prime 2, and I doubt they would in prime 3. But yeah, amazing game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:39:09 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 07:47:54 am »

Prime 2 didn't have the ice beam, I think?
Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »

Nope, it had Dark Beam, Light Beam and Annihilator.

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 01:39:15 pm »

Oh, yes I was confused if it was 2 or 3 that was one the Wii. Did 3 even have the Ice beam? I love that thing, one shot, then a missile, problem solved =D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: