The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 04:14:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giggle Titties: The Articles Only Edition is on sale now!  Get your copy today!

HAHAH tits

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 570022 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #900 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:27 pm »

I'm still playing Mass Effect 2. I'm kind of annoyed, I cannot find ammo for grenade launchers at all. I've gone through several missions without finding a bit of ammo for it.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Achilles
« Reply #901 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:01 pm »

Once you upgrade it, ammo is easier to find. Though there's still not tons of it.
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 28, 2010, 12:15:04 am »

Same mass effect is awesome.

Can't wait for Legion.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:46 am »

I have no problem finding heavy weapons ammo.

Not getting frustrated with the idiotically small amount of shotgun ammo I can carry, however, I do have a problem with.

Also, am I the only one who has a problem with Vanguards going from a mid-range class to a "Hey there, how ya doin'. Sorry if I step on your toes." class?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:32:34 am by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #904 on: January 28, 2010, 12:36:46 am »

Hm, nope, I've never had a problem like that.
And yeah, I just noticed how little ammo the Shotgun has. Good thing I don't use it often. I can't say I'm a fan of the whole guns being magazine fed thing though. They're excuse for them being magazine fed is that they didn't want the whole overheating thing, or something like that.
The only thing I can understand having ammo are the heavy weapons.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: January 28, 2010, 12:40:28 am »

Honestly, the way they handled guns is easily my least favorite change to the game, and it's also one of the biggest ones, which sucks.

Achilles
« Reply #906 on: January 28, 2010, 12:53:12 am »

The only weapon I ever run out of ammo for is the sniper rifle, and occassionally my heavy weapons. I think I've run out of shotgun ammo once. Honestly, once I got used to it, I much prefer reloading to dealing with overheating. Sucked majorly when your weapon would overheat in the middle of a major fight. The only real change I don't like is the way they're handling different weapons and ammo now. I liked the huge veriety of weapons and ammo avalible in the first, as well as the ability to tweak them to your own personal playing style. And that anyone could use any weapon or ammo.

Also, am I the only one that noticed that Garrus went from being basicly useless to a BAMF? Equip him with a sniper rifle and things die. Quickly.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #907 on: January 28, 2010, 01:01:01 am »

Yeah, the whole Ammo thing annoys me. I would much rather deal with overheating than have to reload, as well as find ammo, and some enemies take an entire mag to kill. So I've been checking stores for Ammo Upgrades and such. I've also noticed some glitches, mostly minor graphical ones, one from the first game that still resides in ME2 is Shepard's eyes going kinda wonky while talking to people, sometimes one will go all squinty like he got something in his eye. The biggest glitch I have encountered was when I went to recruit a new team member, I walked into the corner of a desk, and I was lifted up into the ceiling, unable to get down, so I had to load my previous save. I'm hoping they will fix some of these things.

Ninja'd!

Garrus was one of the only guys I used in the Original game, and he will remain one of the only ones I use in Mass Effect 2.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: January 28, 2010, 01:17:31 am »

I don't like the new Ammo system, or how it tells me that I need to change my ammo type every fifteen seconds. I was completely okay with the ammo in the first one, and it made sense along with the story. This "Upgrade", however, makes no sense. In the first game, if you put the right upgrades on the right gun, you could fire without stopping ever. Even if you had a gun that would overheat, you could shoot it with proper timing and get a good amount of fire in before it overheated. AND, when it overheated, you would stop for a second, and then continue firing. How is that WORSE than having a set number of shots?

Also, @Achilles:
The only weapon I ever run out of ammo for is the sniper rifle.
Along with
I think I've run out of shotgun ammo once.
Tells me that you're playing the Soldier class (unless you've got an advanced Vanguard, in which case, disregard everything that I'm saying), which means that you've got access to all of the guns, which would make sense that you would find yourself having trouble running out of ammo. With a Vanguard, the shotgun is the main gun, and when your main weapon can only fire fifteen times (Usually at three or four shots a kill for enemies with shields) before it becomes completely worthless is kind of a hassle, especially when the way your class works generally involves standing within licking distance of enemies and the only way to keep them all from killing you is to make them die right now.

Also, what is this bullshit with the level 30 level cap? You level up so damn slowly now, and you have to save up "Squad points"? What the fuck is that? I love it when you not only take away quick character growth, but you make waiting so long for that level almost completely worthless, because you just have to wait for the next one before you can do anything useful.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Mass Effect 2 is a very good game. The Ammo system keeps you from using just one weapon type the whole game, the social interactions are more interesting, the ship and it's crew are better by leaps and bounds and then more leaps followed by a tiny hop, the customization is great, and plenty of other things, but I've been playing the game all day and those problems that would usually be minor have just been humping the side of my head while I try to enjoy my game.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:27:51 am by Log! » Logged

Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 28, 2010, 01:43:33 am »

I had a problem with the ammo system since before ME 2 was even released.

Which was today.

After 7 hours of schooling and then another 2 hours of tutoring, I am finally home and about to play Mass Effect 2.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:09 am »

I figured it would be okay, but the amount of ammo they give you is fucking retarded.

Achilles
« Reply #911 on: January 28, 2010, 01:59:01 am »

In ME1 I always used Ashley and Tali. So far I mix it up quite a bit in 2. I've learned to always have someone with the Overload ability though.

And yes, I am a soldier.

The shotgun is far less useful now then in ME1 (which is annoying. Shotgun was always my back up weapon before. Now it's a bleeding pistol...not that I've ever had to use a back up weapon), and the 'battle rifles' are friggen retarded, but other then that I really like all the weapons. It's kind of annoying that some classes are limited in the weapons they can use, but that might just be because I'm a soldier, and used to having running around with a complete, well stocked armory on my back. As I said, just wish there was more of the old weapon and armor customization (though I do like the way they do armor customization now, I wish they'd settled for something between the new and old systems). Oh, and am I the only one that can't find any bleeding hand grenades? I don't use them much, but they did come in handy.

As for the new ammo system, I'm torn. At the end of the last ME1 game I played (the one I transfered over to ME2) my assault rifle I could fire forever without overheating (litterally), my shotgun could only fire 1 shot, and my sniper rifle could fire 4 or 5. The ammo system creates a happy medium. Reloading is faster now then the weapon cooldowns were in 1, but you can't fire any weapon indeffinately. Overall, the reload time is fast enough that it rarely screws me over the way overheating did. Just causes some minor interferance.

I completely agree that the new leveling system sucks. Part of what made the first so fun was training sheppard to be the 'perfect soldier' for your playing style. Now, it's just kinda...blah.

Overall, I really, really enjoy this game (I love the 'recruit' missions!). But it's far from perfect.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #912 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:23 am »

The only grievances I have with this one are the new Ammo system, and the new leveling system.
Aside from that, I enjoy it very, very much.

In the first game I had an AR that did a ton of damage, and never overheated, doing corrosive damage as well, then my sniper overheated after one shot, but it did an insane amount of damage to whatever it hit, my shotgun, though I didn't use it much, did some freezing damage I believe, and was pretty damn powerful, same goes for my pistol. And yeah, the constant switching back and forth between different types of ammo is annoying.
I never really did play anything aside from soldier in the first game though.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: January 28, 2010, 02:16:52 am »

I've been playing a Vanguard since the first time I played ME1, and it's a pretty BA class. Really, the only weapon I used was my shotgun, with good reason. It got to the point where I could shoot at a wall like half a mile away and still have the bullet spread of a zoomed in assault rifle from five feet away. Granted, this was after pumping my shotguns skill as well as using the right modifiers, but still. Now the shotgun's bullet spread from five feet looks like an idiot just sort of stood there spat at your enemy. I'm totally okay with Bioware making the guns have ammo now, I just hate how they make it seem like you have to fit your extra ammo in your hands. Urgh, and don't even get me started on the new vanguard abilities.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #914 on: January 28, 2010, 02:26:23 am »

What I also don't like is that one simply can't just buy guns, you have to find them. Then again, I'm not that far into the game, so there might be gun merchants later on, but the guns I have were found.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: