The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 12:21:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 563   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 569754 times)
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 16, 2010, 05:13:36 am »

I am planning to play AvP later today hopefully in 7 hours. Just praying right now.
-_____________________________-

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1126 on: February 16, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »

I just beat Half Life 2, that took me 7 Hours, and 58 Minutes. Wee. Now I'ma move onto Episode 1.

And I called EB Games to see if they had AvP in stock. They don't. So I'm probably going to have to wait until tomorrow, so that kinda stinks, but at least I got the Orange Box to keep my busy.

EDIT: And I am downloading Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth right now! Yay!

EDIT: I am now playing MAG, so that's fun. Thinking about doing the RESPEC points thing, and put my points into stuff for the assault class, while I am good at sniping, a lot of the maps are pretty bad for sniping, and Assault is something I'm pretty good at too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:44:08 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1127 on: February 16, 2010, 11:27:05 pm »

AvP's reviews make me laugh.

Also, Playing MAG a bit. It's fun, but it's nothing special.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1128 on: February 16, 2010, 11:31:58 pm »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviews for it, most of them are basically saying "While the game is pretty fun, the graphics are so bad they made me vomit all over my controller, because graphics are more important than having fun with the game.".

It has also occurred to me that I need a new PS3 controller, I apparently got one of the faulty ones, where the left control stick is often known to go off-center, or just really sticky, it can be annoying when playing games, that, and I want to get the Dual Shock 3 so that I can have rumble.

But yesh, still playing the MAG.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1129 on: February 17, 2010, 01:58:51 am »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of reviews for it, most of them are basically saying "While the game is pretty fun, the controls are so bad they made me vomit all over my controller, because controls are important."

Is what I've heard. Also, while graphics aren't as important as other things, it's not like they're something you can completely ignore, either.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1130 on: February 17, 2010, 03:33:31 am »

Oh yeah, I know. Just I didn't think the graphics for AvP were as bad as the reviews are portraying them to be, sure there are better looking games, but they're certainly not "terrible" as some reviews refer to them as.

EDIT: Yeah, forgot to mention that I didn't have a problem with the controls when I played the demo, I did read a few reviews complaining about the controls, yes, but a majority of the reviews I read had the main complaint being graphics.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:37:44 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:15 am »

For me AVP fails at the central concept of a game, being fun.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1132 on: February 17, 2010, 10:20:14 am »

Well you can't like everything. Tongue

Played some Phoenix Wright!

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1133 on: February 17, 2010, 06:40:11 pm »

playing some... wall

Dammit.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1134 on: February 17, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

So I called EB Games. They still don't have AvP. T_T
Ah well, I can wait, so I am going to play Orange Box! Cheesy

EDIT: Playing MAG. I have about 350 XP, with only 6 kills. The trick is to sneak behind enemy lines early on in the battle, and start planting charges on their stuff.

EDIT: These Re-Spec points are annoying me. How are they earned? I really want to Re-Spec my skill points. It just seems like they just give you a random amount of Re-Spec points after every match.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:28:52 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 18, 2010, 08:27:39 pm »

I am playing the shit out of Mass effect before I get the sequel. I hear the game experience is better if you have an old save to load from. Kinda cool considering how many different ways you can take things in the game...or at least the characters, game is mostly good and evil choices...but still fun.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1136 on: February 18, 2010, 08:31:46 pm »

I finally got AvP, really enjoying it so far, and yeah, the reviews for it are BS. The controls are fine, and the graphics, while not the best looking out there, still looks pretty good. But right now I doing the first Predator level, I have already done the first levels for Marine, and Alien, which were both pretty fun.

EDIT: Been playing some more, still having fun, but the stealth elements of the predator are kind of annoying, sometimes the marines can see right through your cloak, even if your a few meters away, and then sometimes they can see you, but they look in your direction because they heard something. Imagine playing MGS1, but the guards can't see you, but they can hear you, and your running around one to try to grab him and choke him. The only way to sneak up on them it seems is to jump directly behind them, or distract them, there seems to be no way to be quiet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:17:54 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 19, 2010, 06:35:16 am »

My only real issue with AvP is the amount of recycling. The finishing moves you pull off as a predator are always the same; I mean they look awesome at first, but then you see the same thing happening every time you finish off something. Human models aren't very varied, and the sounds don't vary at all; same yells every execution. That's pretty much the only problem I have with this game. Everything else is fine, but they could have done a lot better.

As for the multiplayer, I have yet to try it.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Gezkill
ARC Support Staff

Freebootaz Kommando

Mendror
View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:14 am »

I finally got AvP, really enjoying it so far, and yeah, the reviews for it are BS. The controls are fine, and the graphics, while not the best looking out there, still looks pretty good. But right now I doing the first Predator level, I have already done the first levels for Marine, and Alien, which were both pretty fun.

EDIT: Been playing some more, still having fun, but the stealth elements of the predator are kind of annoying, sometimes the marines can see right through your cloak, even if your a few meters away, and then sometimes they can see you, but they look in your direction because they heard something. Imagine playing MGS1, but the guards can't see you, but they can hear you, and your running around one to try to grab him and choke him. The only way to sneak up on them it seems is to jump directly behind them, or distract them, there seems to be no way to be quiet.

Just because your cloak doesn't mean its going to hide you from there motion sensors.

"Dem Undead Gits go down just like any 'umies do, just gotta aim for da 'ead."
"Dakkadakkadakka"
"Nothing like the smell of hot plasma in the morning"
Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 19, 2010, 11:55:53 am »

Downloaded the Shattered Horizon demo, got to see "Your operating system is not compatible, Shattered Horizon requires Windows Vista or Wondows 7." and then deleted it.

Seriously, no support for XP, AT ALL?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 563   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: