The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 19, 2014, 03:25:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 564   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing? Episode 2: Sequel Reloaded!  (Read 606586 times)
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1710 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:43 pm »

I wouldn't really call either remakes.

Diablo 2 had added classes, added talent trees and spells for classes with synergies, expanded the story, and added new zones as levels rather than just plundering a single long and drawn out dungeon.

I've yet to play Star Craft 2, but so far I've seen added units, expanded story, and an entire rebalancing of units. I played the original Starcraft for countless hours, but utlimately maps always boiled down to people using the same units and sending in wave upon wave of whatver. I'm hopping that with rebalanced units it'll give people more viable options for strategies. It won't surprise me if a "best" unit emerges for each race, but I'm hoping that with different maps and different gathering rates it'll at least be a bit more dynamic.

Zog
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 21, 2010, 01:46:07 pm »

@TLO I used a surge strip.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1712 on: April 21, 2010, 01:50:58 pm »

Don't.

The 360 power supply has it's own.  Plugging into a surge protector does bad things to the voltage that the machine recieves and causes all kinds of nasty problems.  Pity that isn't in the manual yea?

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:26 pm »

I've yet to play Star Craft 2, but so far I've seen added units, expanded story, and an entire rebalancing of units. I played the original Starcraft for countless hours, but utlimately maps always boiled down to people using the same units and sending in wave upon wave of whatver. I'm hopping that with rebalanced units it'll give people more viable options for strategies. It won't surprise me if a "best" unit emerges for each race, but I'm hoping that with different maps and different gathering rates it'll at least be a bit more dynamic.

Well if you get lucky enough to go against a player willing to wait 5-15 minutes for you to build up a defense force playing as the protoss tell me.

The "rebalancing" is non-existent. In Starcraft 1, the protoss took more time to build but a task force of around 10-15 zealots could rape face at the begining of the game. In this game, the other races build units in literally half the time with half the resources and hit for about the same amount of damage at a higher attack rate. And this is just for your basic zealot unit.

It just annoys the shit out of me that a race that can be crippled by simply destroying their pylons can be further weakened by shitty units that take forever to build. I had about 3 zealots built and 2 stalkers by the time my opponent had 17 marines and 5-7 "firebat" things. With more in reserve. And this was with me systematically building more probes to harvest more shit from my home crystals and these other crystals a little bit further off. I just cant get over it man. There is no way the enemy had more resources gathered than me as I had scouted the area around their base and found no gatherers. Of course this scouting action saw to the decimation of my task force and the eventual rape of my base. Fuck starcraft 2.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1714 on: April 21, 2010, 02:07:52 pm »

Hehehe, the zealot strategy worked for a while against some people, but if I remember right it was stopped by building farms at choke points to make it impossible for the zealots to move, and since they could only get like 4 zealots to attack a building at a time because they couldn't surround it, a couple marines would just pick off the zealots from the other side. Pretty cheap, but it stopped the zerg rushing. Tongue

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 21, 2010, 02:12:21 pm »

Not even that dude. I never zerged with zealots because it was a dick move (zealots were just like 10 seconds more production time but still the same resource cost ((100 crystals)) and awesome attack power plus shields). I always built a barrier ground force just to protect my budding carrier fleet. Then I would move in with the fleet of world crushing and rape face. If that failed, I would use the fleet as a distraction and build wave after wave of photon cannons. Massive win.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1716 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:56 pm »

A lot of people used the Carriers, but for 'toss vs 'toss or zerg action the Archons is where it was at. The Archons could stack on top of each other so you could get 20-30 of them, and they could hit either ground or air and all the damage they did was splash damage, so when the carriers rolled, in if they were packed together (which they almost always were unless a player made them manually split up) they'd all get destroyed at the same time within seconds. Only problem was they had exactly 10 life, but a massive shield, so if you were playing against the Terran, their science vessel had that little emp that made all shields instantly go to zero and the archons would be hosed.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1717 on: April 21, 2010, 03:10:45 pm »

Hahaha... Zealot rush... good times... gooooood times... I remember crushing this Girl power individual with the might of the zealots Cheesy
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:10 pm »

A lot of people used the Carriers, but for 'toss vs 'toss or zerg action the Archons is where it was at. The Archons could stack on top of each other so you could get 20-30 of them, and they could hit either ground or air and all the damage they did was splash damage, so when the carriers rolled, in if they were packed together (which they almost always were unless a player made them manually split up) they'd all get destroyed at the same time within seconds. Only problem was they had exactly 10 life, but a massive shield, so if you were playing against the Terran, their science vessel had that little emp that made all shields instantly go to zero and the archons would be hosed.

You have dragoons and such to take care of the land fags. Or, in my case, I would just bait them back to my photon cannon field and then cackle with evil glee when they get face raped. ((its awesome to see like 25 photon cannons open up at once))
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1719 on: April 22, 2010, 06:27:00 pm »

Gonna see if I can go into town and maybe get a pre order down on Halo Reach Legendary Edition, and maybe get L4D2.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 22, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »

Legendary edition?

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1721 on: April 22, 2010, 06:49:30 pm »

Yup. It's $150 bucks, includes Dr. Halseys journal, a statue of all the main characters, bonus elite armor, and a flaming helmet for Spartans.
Here's a link with screenshots.

Playing the Lost Planet 2 Multiplayer Demo.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 22, 2010, 07:06:07 pm »

do want!

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1723 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »

I know, right! I'm gonna put down at least $5 bucks on it. I have plenty of time to get the money to buy it.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:19 pm »

Same! I got the Passing for Left 4 Dead 2. Tis pretty good.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 564   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: