The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 17, 2014, 09:34:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 515   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Anti-Peeve rides again!  (Read 476528 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6540 on: April 05, 2012, 10:46:21 pm »

AP: Third game of Malifaux, I wiped the floor with the guy who's been playing way longer than me. Awww yeah.

APII:Best advice animal meme.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:53:08 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6541 on: April 06, 2012, 07:19:10 am »

AP: In Flames gig on April 29  Grin Grin Grin

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6542 on: April 06, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »

AP: More ammo for my pellet rifle! :3
Related PP: Nobody ever seems to sell the good stuff. Usually just daisy or crosman brand, I want lead free since I'm shooting out into the woods and stuff.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6543 on: April 06, 2012, 10:03:58 pm »

Oh.... OH! Now I get what you mean!

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6544 on: April 07, 2012, 02:41:46 pm »

What did you think I meant? D:

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6545 on: April 07, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

That you wanted free lead to shoot in the woods... and stuff...stuff being meatbags of course. They can't find the corpses in 200 acres of woodlands. Or 300. 400.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6546 on: April 07, 2012, 09:52:03 pm »

AP: Easter Dinner tomorrow. Shitload of food, free booze, and the day off. Fuck yeah.

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6547 on: April 07, 2012, 10:29:32 pm »

AP:  Harmy's Despecialized editions of the Star Wars Trilogy (the original trilogy).  I just burned them to Blu Ray and have been watching them.  I seriously forgot how much I loved these movies.  The dark days of "Star Wars: The Shitty Stupid Version" are over.  Google this, it's a miracle.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm drunk.  A rabid fan did his own matte shots and color correcting to bring us the closest thing possible to the original theatrical release in real high definition.  And best of all with the "restoration" tag and free distribution you can download guilt free.  It's legal.  Rejoice!  Happy Easter!

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6548 on: April 07, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »

Still have to replace my replacement VHS copy of Return of the Jedi: has a deep, fuzzy sound until the speeder bike chase.

How I love you original trilogy... even episode VI with it's Ewoks.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6549 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »

I honestly don't get why people get so butthurt over the remastered versions. Sure some of the CG aliens stick out like a sore thumb, but seeing them for a few seconds doesn't take away from the movie for me.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6550 on: April 07, 2012, 11:59:36 pm »

My biggest problem was that Greedo shoots first.

And the CGI aliens looked like shit. And the whole "Oh, look, Hayden Christiansen! That's exactly how Anakin looked when he died! I'm glad you're here!" bullshit. And how none of it needed to happen at all.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6551 on: April 08, 2012, 12:36:08 am »

I bet Lucas made enough money off the enhanced versions to refill his swimming pool with gold coins.
Twice.

I've never seen the special editions with the fixins so I just criticize it like an old-trilogy diehard.

Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #6552 on: April 08, 2012, 11:43:51 am »

AP: Got approved for a $5500 in financing for a new vehicle. New (used) truck, here I come!

EDIT
AP #2: Fucking great day today. Found a 1994 Chevy Camaro for $2900 that is easily within my budget, one of my friends gave me a brand new seersucker sports coat, got another ticket to Sunday's Braves game, and I found out I might get to meet Bobby Cox (former Braves head coach) two weekends from now. Good ass day today.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:51:38 pm by Major Cobalt » Logged

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6553 on: April 08, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »

I honestly don't get why people get so butthurt over the remastered versions. Sure some of the CG aliens stick out like a sore thumb, but seeing them for a few seconds doesn't take away from the movie for me.

There are a few reasons-

First, it's because the changes were just BAD. This has some good comparison shots: http://www.screened.com/news/behind-the-scenes-of-harmys-star-wars-despecialized-edition/2917/
So, y'see,
A) Lucas changed the story a lot. The remastered editions changed how the various characters interacted, which changes *who they are*. If you liked Han Solo before the changes, you probably don't like post-changes Han Solo, as one example. Changing who shot first, or (from that site) how many people are in the scenes, or what they were doing, is another example. A dude who charges like... four guys while shooting at them? Brave and/or bluffing. A dude who charges an entire ROOM full? Dumb as a sack of hammers.

B) In the same vein, the proportion of forces really just got silly. A few beleaguered rebels doing stuff, sure. Entire fleets just tooling around? Wha? Why did we need more ships/troops/etc?

C) Adding in extra cruft detracts from what we *should* be looking at, which is to say, the characters who are Doing Things. In the scene with the two characters in the curving (in the cloud city, if you know which that is Wink ) hallway, Lucas added in a fuckwhack of bright, contrasting orange windows through which we See Things. And so the characters who *should* be a very important focal point are suddenly just kind of shoved off into a corner of Not Very Important. Similarly, the shot with the fellow standing watch under the giant red planet scene? He's just standing there alone, which emphasizes how insignificant he is in the scale of things. Adding in a bunch of godawful-looking clouds, and a wing of fighters... again, it distracts us. And more importantly, it breaks the story. Now we don't get an impression of a lone, insignificant group with no help on the way... now we just have Shiny Things Moving Around. Michael Bay would be so proud.

Second, it's the attitude that goes along with it. Lucas made enough money off of those movies to give everyone on this forum a few million dollars and STILL have like 90% of his money left over. But once he started making all of his changes, he seemed to adopt the attitude that everyone who liked the original cuts was dumb for liking them. Essentially, he's saying that we're stupid for liking what he made, and stupid for giving him our (or our parents') money in the first place. That he then spent on his 'better' shows.

If you don't mind the presentation style, Red Letter Media has a great takedown of how off-the-rails-of-sanity Lucas became with his episode 1-2-3 films. The RLM shows are fairly long to watch, but I highly recommend them as a good dissection of storytelling dos and don'ts. They address not only the story-writing, but also touch on how the movies were filmed, getting into the shots-on-set vs. shots-on-green-screen that Lucas wound up turning things into.

AP: Thanks for telling us about these, Outlaw! I've been wanting to show Jenny and Sammie the original versions and had no idea how to get ahold of them.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6554 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17:39 pm »

Hmm, what you say is true. I suppose it's been so long since seeing the originals on VHS. I'll have to download this later!

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 515   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: