The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 24, 2014, 07:28:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 518   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Anti-Peeve rides again!  (Read 538523 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6555 on: April 08, 2012, 11:18:41 pm »

Coulda just asked good Ol' Smuggler Stan.

my friend has a copy of the sacred trilogy in its original theatrical form, withe the hand painted backgrounds and that one scene in empire where han and leia call luke mark, and im the only schmuck who calls it out. I coulda burned er off and mailed it to ya.

Oh well Tongue

AP: A big thing has happened recently. and im feeling pretty awesome about it most of the time. (No not that.)

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6556 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:13 am »

Greg did an awesome job summing up why the special eds are bad but let me make two more points.  

The first point was actually made by Lucas himself.  George hated colorized versions of films.  Back in the day (before insanity struck) he once said that fans deserve to be able to see the version of the films they saw and loved in theaters.  Yes, I saw the original trilogy in theaters and what the hell happened to THAT George Lucas?  

Point the second.  Imagine that Paul McCartney went and caught Lucas crazy.  He dubs in Slipknot samples to all the Beatles catalog and from today onward says this was the true artistic vision of the Beatles and no one can ever buy the original songs again.  I think you can see the problem.

EDIT:  Best Star Wars meddling related tweet ever from Paul Sheer:  "If George Lucas continues to change Star Wars at this rate, in the year 2028 it will just become Spaceballs."

EDIT of the EDIT:  If you don't understand Paul's comment realize that since the first special ed came out in 1997 each successive release of the films has been different.  The 2004 DVD release was different than the “original Special Edition” and the blu ray release is even different from that.  And some of the changes make NO SENSE.  Blu Ray Ob-Wan Kenobi now has a placeholder sound clip from one of the ILM guys shouting in the studio parking lot instead of the Krayt dragon call he used to scare the Sandpeople in episode IV.  Remember the crazy over the top NOOO from Vader at the end of Episode III?  Hope you enjoyed it because you’ll now hear it again in Episode VI when he finally flips his shit and offs the Emperor.  Selbulba from Episode I was freaking awesome and you can’t get enough of seeing him right?  Right!  That’s why he’s now inserted into Jabba’s palace, not quietly in the background, nope he’s walking down the stairs in the establishing shot of the room, making him the new focal point of the scene.  And the thing is, I honestly would not give one flying f#|< about ANY of this if the original version was also made available (like has been done for other films with alternate versions like Blade Runner and LoTR).  I could shake my head and laugh at the kids and their crazy CGI shenanigans while I watch my old matte shots and puppet movie.  But nope, George doesn’t roll like that in fact he recently told fans who asked him about whether or not he had plans to release the originals again to “Grow up, they’re my movies not yours.”  I can’t and won’t deny that George  is a shrewd businessman.  He’s made fortunes off the marketing of the franchise and changed the way the movie and toy industry work together forever.  But he’s also a hypocritical dick who preaches about the preservation of films (he helped found the National Film Registry) but then tries to replace the Library of Congress’ archived copy of Empire with the 97 special ed version.  And the Empire print is only 35mm, not the original 70mm.  In fact he’s blocked the library from obtaining prints of the other films entirely.  Words really fail me in trying to describe how he’s not only disrespecting the fans that made him his fortune but also the film heritage of future generations.  

Return of the Son of the EDIT:  Yea, I got my rant on when I really was trying not to.  You should have seen this BEFORE I trimmed it.

Okay, okay, seriously one more EDIT and I’m done beating this dead horse… for now… <.<  >.>:  George Lucas circa 1988 speaking out about the importance of preserving films as originally filmed and the impending danger of power mad producers ruining beloved films beyond all repair.  Seriously, what happened to THIS George Lucas?   http://savestarwars.com/lucasspeechagainstspecialedition.html

The Harmy REALLY deserves a farking medal EDIT for Greg:  Weird blastwave/halo effect removed from planet explosions.  Life is nigh perfect.  You know what I'm talking 'bout.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:34:12 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6557 on: April 09, 2012, 10:07:26 am »

AP: Found a pair of headphones on the ground today. They work and seem to be decent quality.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6558 on: April 09, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

If you don't mind the presentation style, Red Letter Media has a great takedown of how off-the-rails-of-sanity Lucas became with his episode 1-2-3 films. The RLM shows are fairly long to watch, but I highly recommend them as a good dissection of storytelling dos and don'ts. They address not only the story-writing, but also touch on how the movies were filmed, getting into the shots-on-set vs. shots-on-green-screen that Lucas wound up turning things into.

Also, they're fucking hilarious.

AP: Guinness.

APII: The Easter I just had. Drive home, eat ham, watch game of thrones, drink beer, go see old friends, drink more beer, drink tequila, drunk in public, nobody cares, only three on the street, free gas station hot dogs, smoke cigars with the gas station guy, go back, drink more, watch Archer, pass out.

Fuck yeah.

APIII: I was approached yesterday by my old english teacher (My best friend's mom), and she told me that she's to be the editor or something similar for a collection of short stories, and she'd like me to write something up for it. Yaaaaay published author.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:37:04 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41:48 pm »

AP: Bought some stuff today at HMV. New Joel Plaskett Album, the movie All the Presidents Men, a movie that I love, and HK will love this, I bought FLQL on dvd today for pretty cheap.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6560 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:41 pm »

AP: Bought some stuff today at HMV. New Joel Plaskett Album, the movie All the Presidents Men, a movie that I love, and HK will love this, I bought FLQL on dvd today for pretty cheap.

Don't think there's a Q in there anywhere but Brittle Bullet was one of the most awesome beings I've seen in anime.
And FLCL  He love you long time shit still be awesome.

Ninja'd: 863
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #6561 on: April 09, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

AP: The simple pleasure of throwing water balloons at strangers from my dorm window. callthecopsidontgiveafuck.jpg

EDIT: Didn't even think about the fact that this was going to reveal which girls are wearing bras and which aren't. Oops.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:54:51 pm by Major Cobalt » Logged

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6562 on: April 09, 2012, 05:47:31 pm »

AP: Shared my pringles with a homeless guy. Made me feel good.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: April 10, 2012, 01:09:53 pm »

Don't think there's a Q in there anywhere but Brittle Bullet was one of the most awesome beings I've seen in anime.
And FLCL  He love you long time shit still be awesome.

It was a long day yesterday starting at about 3:30 am with my girlfriend frantically waking me up with blood pouring over her face. Turns out she less than occasionally gets nosebleeds and this one was brutal. Dear god...

AP: Working on awesome D&D stuff. I'm DMing a game for friends at University and we just had our end of the year 8 or so hour session since exams are like tomorrow and we all live very far away in the summer. It was really good, they've all told me that they loved the session and want to keep playing next year.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6564 on: April 10, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »

AP: At 2100 I put a pizza in the oven, setting an alarm for 2115. I changed the time but forgot to enable it, so obviously when the time came nothing happened. 2138, I remembered my pizza and raced downstairs expecting a smoking lump of charcoal. Instead, despite being in there twice as long as it should have been, I found a perfectly cooked, golden brown pizza. I like mine well done, but even so that was fecking lucky.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6565 on: April 10, 2012, 03:27:36 pm »

AP: Found a like-new copy of Odin Sphere.
AP2: Odin Sphere. Game is balls hard to find locally.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6566 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »

AP: Almost to 15000 posts. :3

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: April 11, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »

AP: after being unemployed since October, I finally have a job interview.  Cheesy

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6568 on: April 11, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

AP: Kinda shitty and boring day at work turned a little bit awesome from the incredibly bright rainbow just a few minutes ago.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6569 on: April 11, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »

AP: Kinda shitty and boring day at work turned a little bit awesome from the incredibly bright rainbow just a few minutes ago.

Kinda reminds me of when the sky was clear and the most beautiful shade of light blue, or a clear, cloudless, starless night. That was an amazing purple sky.

AP: Moments where mother nature pulls a Da Vinci.
AP2: Teletoon Retro has Garfield and Friends. Fucking Garfield and Friends! Used to watch it when Fox had it on their line up back in the 90's.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 05:52:07 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 518   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: