The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 21, 2014, 04:11:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zombie Land  (Read 13686 times)
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 05:42:58 am »

Worship the Twinkies I say... But the point about not encountering many zombies... You're right about that
through the whole film I thought for a second... "Where are the zombies?"
baboosh
Civillian

Hmm...ZOMG...That zombie stole my twinky (>x_x)>ll

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:26 am »

best movie ever!!! and its really scary how much the redneck is me...same boots,same hat, same love of twinkies,same hatred of zombies, alos same love of forts, and bolth rednecks. best movie ever!

If a survivor screams, I will laugh. If a zombie walks, it will catch fire. If a man walks up asking me for help, I will shoot and loot. If a little girl walks up to me and hands me a twinkie...I'll giver her a piggyback ride as long as we're friends!
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2009, 09:25:50 pm »

I JUST saw it tonight.
I was a little disappointed, but still a GREAT movie.

My friend and I about went nuts when it got to the part in that town where they were just walking down and talking. Lemme think... what were they talking about?

I dunno. I was too busy concentrating on how THAT SCENE was WHERE I FUCKING LIVE.

OH! I know what they were doing. It was when Tallahassee destroyed the minivan. There's a sign in the background a little before that which says "BANK OF COWETA." That's my fucking bank.

It was epic.

I wanted to steal one of the signs that had a grenade on it and said "SOLVE IT!"

East Broad Street? I drive that road pretty much every day.

However, as good as this movie was, I was a little irked by some things.

A) How, despite there being, as they claim, 'six people left on earth,' there was still electricity. Also, when they powered up the amusement park, ALL the rides started turning.

B) "Nut up or shut up," is a great line, but there could have been some better times to say it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:39:11 pm by Major Cobalt » Logged

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Achilles
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2009, 05:13:52 pm »

Just saw it. AWESOME MOVIE!!!

I do agree that the whole electricity thing was annoying, as was the fact that they had all these badass weapons, and Cincinnati still using his old POS double barrel shotgun.
Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2009, 10:01:59 pm »

I was kinda annoyed at the rides as well.  not because they started turning by themselves, but mainly because when they were on the pirate ship ride, who the fuck was controlling it?  Carnivals and Amusement parks have carnies for a reason!
The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »

I thought about the 'how the hell do they get off the ride?' part myself, but that whole idea was stupid, so it kind of blanketed those thoughts. I noted how dumb Wichita's idea was earlier. Now the power issue, they never give us much of a time line on how long it'd been. I doubt it was too long because I just don't believe Columbus could have made it too much longer alone. How long could a plant keep power going sans crew? The movie was basically a nerd fantasy though, the geeky guy with no life survives zombies because of his rules, gets the girl and gets a kick ass wingman. One thing that really got me though, was Rule one. Not saying cardio is a bad idea, but Columbus was a shut-in WoW addict or survived on Code Red. How good of shape could he have really been in? I want to see the experiences that Columbus went through to get all of his rules too. I mean 17 was Don't be a hero, was he a part of other groups, or just make some up as he went?   

65 Badges Issued!
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2009, 05:29:34 pm »

Well, he did say that he was by himself for two months. And when he was walking through the town with Tallahassee, he talked about people and their mishaps. He probably thought about some rules as he passed by them.

As for Cardio, just because he was a shut in doesn't mean that he wasn't fit.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:43:23 pm by Hailfax » Logged

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Major Cobalt
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2009, 06:27:09 pm »

Now the power issue, they never give us much of a time line on how long it'd been.

I think it's safe to assume that, judging by the condition of the roads, towns, and the fact that Columbus, Ohio had burned completely to the ground, sufficient time had passed for the world's power grid to have been offline.

AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2009, 06:32:13 pm »

Guys, don't dig too deep into the inconsistencies.  This movie was not supposed to be a true-to-life example of a zombie outbreak.  This was a comedy.  IT was just supposed to make you laugh while some gore was splashed, and heads exploded.

Yes, there were things that would not, could not, and should not happen, but it's Hollywood.
Major Cobalt
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2009, 06:33:24 pm »

Daww.
But that's no fun.
I have a thought process that makes me analyze EVERYTHING. So it kinda came naturally.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 04:25:29 pm »

but... but if you get really into analyzing you get to the point where you realize that zombies do not exist...
i hope i dont get banned for that:D

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:31 am »

BLASPHEMY AND LIES!!!!!
Flying Teapot
ARC Support Staff

Muahahahaha.....ha

pomegranate.juice@hotmail.com TokoRakka
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2009, 12:07:23 am »

FILTH AND LIES! -throws stones-

Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 12:08:46 am »

*laughs at all the people getting stoned via Teapot*
Dr_Evil
Wastelander

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2009, 07:55:37 am »

I posted this on Live Journal a while back. Dr_Evil and I are of the considered opinion that it shall either be genius or crap. Either way port and cider will be needed. 'Tis tradition. *nod*

I can confirm it is indeed awesome. When the DVD eventually comes out this shall get a second viewing complete with port.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: