The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 04, 2016, 04:10:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview With A Forum Crazy II: Modern Wurfur  (Read 775247 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7740 on: October 07, 2015, 02:31:40 am »

Gettin tubes yanked out of my chest, eating... uhm... workin at a strip cluuuuub?

Yyyyooouuu?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Lsn
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #7741 on: January 26, 2016, 02:37:03 am »

Trying to get a promotion 

What's your worst nightmare.

Just because you're  paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:56 pm »

The realisation of my impending doom, knowing everything I do has no meaning or value. Of the end times.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

TheLastOutlaw
The Last Guardian - tu soldhuran u ach gwthithl gwdherch
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7743 on: August 15, 2016, 10:35:39 am »

Cookies and cream.

What's your least favorite ice cream flavor?

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: August 17, 2016, 04:42:19 pm »

Artificial Strawberry or banana. Both are hideous.

What would you do if I sang out of tune?

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7745 on: August 19, 2016, 03:24:37 am »

I wouldnt stand up and walk out on you.

This may sound cheap, but

How do you come up with a good question?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
DochSavage
Zombie

Never give up. Never give in. Fight beyond.

View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: August 19, 2016, 09:01:03 pm »

Flavour?
Probably "Half-Baked" by B&J.

You are what you eat, folks.

The reward for work well-done is more work.
Or sometimes, a return to the kitchen.
PwntheNoob17
Half-Life

:D

View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: October 24, 2016, 07:57:52 am »

Flavour?
Probably "Half-Baked" by B&J.

You are what you eat, folks.

why didn't you ask a question?

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7748 on: November 18, 2016, 07:23:15 pm »

Because they didn't even answer mine :0

What, if any advice, could you lay on me for being aDM for DND, despite having 0 DM experience?!

DochSavage
Zombie

Never give up. Never give in. Fight beyond.

View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: November 19, 2016, 06:15:09 am »

D&D Advice for Starting DMs?

"The facts of life..." -Dr. Tyrell, Bladerunner

OK, first, if at all possible read up on the subject in the DM Guides. Plural.  Anything from 3.5 and up, as a matter of fact, has valuable insights on the how-tos.  If you could browse through the 3.5, 4 (yes, even 4) and 5 dungeon master''s guides, you'll get an evolving view of what works and what doesn't.

If you have no time, and need quick-n-dirty advice, here goes:
Map out a list of the powerful characters in your World:  the Kings, Dukes, Archmagi, Ancient Dragons, down to the mayors and crime lords in the towns you're likely to be running.  Name the organizations.  The Free Association of Fun and Frolic has a nice ring to it, even though it still might mean "Thieves' Guild"...or it could be the Guild of  Tavern Owners...or it could be both.  Or they could be separate and competing.  But you've got to record it somewhere, because it will become part of the story.

Make sure you note their motivations:  long term, short term and immediate.  "The All-Squirrel noted a 15% drop in nut production this year and is concerned by the predicted 20% population loss."

Come up with a list of secrets in your world.  The weird subtle ones.  The squirrels are all part of a hive-mind All-Squirrel.  The Dragons are slowly disappearing.  Magic is stronger around mountains and sources of certain metallic ores.  Running water disperses necromantic energies (a classic).  Clouds are sentient, telepathic, and love smoke plumes...and no one knows this.  The elves are preparing for a war next century, but don't know exactly who against.  The dwarven society has a thriving warlock community that dominates the public pantheons from behind the scenes...and they have a plan.

Who is chasing what and why will give you a ton of story...and side-stories...for years.

Enjoy.

The reward for work well-done is more work.
Or sometimes, a return to the kitchen.
TheLastOutlaw
The Last Guardian - tu soldhuran u ach gwthithl gwdherch
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7750 on: November 28, 2016, 12:54:24 pm »

D&D Advice for Starting DMs?

"The facts of life..." -Dr. Tyrell, Bladerunner

OK, first, if at all possible read up on the subject in the DM Guides. Plural.  Anything from 3.5 and up, as a matter of fact, has valuable insights on the how-tos.  If you could browse through the 3.5, 4 (yes, even 4) and 5 dungeon master''s guides, you'll get an evolving view of what works and what doesn't.

If you have no time, and need quick-n-dirty advice, here goes:
Map out a list of the powerful characters in your World:  the Kings, Dukes, Archmagi, Ancient Dragons, down to the mayors and crime lords in the towns you're likely to be running.  Name the organizations.  The Free Association of Fun and Frolic has a nice ring to it, even though it still might mean "Thieves' Guild"...or it could be the Guild of  Tavern Owners...or it could be both.  Or they could be separate and competing.  But you've got to record it somewhere, because it will become part of the story.

Make sure you note their motivations:  long term, short term and immediate.  "The All-Squirrel noted a 15% drop in nut production this year and is concerned by the predicted 20% population loss."

Come up with a list of secrets in your world.  The weird subtle ones.  The squirrels are all part of a hive-mind All-Squirrel.  The Dragons are slowly disappearing.  Magic is stronger around mountains and sources of certain metallic ores.  Running water disperses necromantic energies (a classic).  Clouds are sentient, telepathic, and love smoke plumes...and no one knows this.  The elves are preparing for a war next century, but don't know exactly who against.  The dwarven society has a thriving warlock community that dominates the public pantheons from behind the scenes...and they have a plan.

Who is chasing what and why will give you a ton of story...and side-stories...for years.

Enjoy.

Also be prepared to shitcan all of that prepwork when the players do something completely unexpected to derail everything.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: