The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 21, 2014, 04:41:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Supernaturals  (Read 19461 times)
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 02:09:25 am »

Max had been to busy listening to the conversation to realize that a wolf had noticed him. It was only at the last minute that he smelled her. He let out a quick chirp as he was swept from the post and brought into a bear hug. They met the ground below.

"Why are you watching my nakama?" The werewolf asked.

Max began to struggle, attempting to escape her grasp. But it was impossible in this form. He transformed again, letting out a growl. He broke free of the werewolf's grasp and jumped away, landing lightly in a crouched position a few yards away. Max looked at the werewolves with narrowed eyes and was quiet. Of course he had no intention to fight them, but he wasn't sure of their own intention.

He was silent, just watching them. Finally he spoke. "What is your business with Michael?" Then he grunted, remembering he wasn't wearing anything. He covered himself with a discarded newspaper sitting near him.

Ralion
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Gentleshark

RalionX@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2009, 10:07:39 am »

"Ah yes, Do you know where Vampyr is being processed? I'll take any information you have." The creature asked again.

Claire stood there for a few seconds, dumbfounded, then blinked a few times and shook her head. Apparently he can't take a hint either. She lowered her arm and looked Archie straight in the eyes, or whatever he had.

"Look, I'm running a business here, in case you can't tell. If you want real information, you're going to have to pay up." Claire replied. She was kind of annoyed at this point, and it showed in her voice and body language. While her earlier sarcastic remarks were said jokingly and with a smile, she was being more serious now, and wearing a frown.

Quote from: TheLastOutlaw
I think I may have to adopt you at some point.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2009, 12:25:16 pm »

Jory jumped when Shelton's packmate fell from the rooftop. She looked over to see that she cornered a vampire. The vampire changed back into her human form and covered himself with newspaper. Jory rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"What is your business with Michael?" it asked.

Jory growled at such a beast. "That is none of your concern, bat. What Michael wants with us doesn't concern you or your kind."
Jory looked at Shelton, who didn't seem to falter at the bat. Jory wanted to continue their decent down to the Underlayer, but she knew that they were going have to stall for the time being.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 02:02:12 pm »

Shelton signaled to Mud, and she released the Bloodsucker.  He unceremoniously dumped the skeleton bones to the ground, and moved closer to Max.  Seemingly out of nowhere, Hyena appeared around the corner cutting off the escape that way.  If the Vamp wanted to run, he would be caught in moments.  The only peaceful way out was through talking.

"You follow us, with the stealth of an elephant I might add, and when we catch you, you make demands of us?  And what's with the newspaper, Fangs?  You still too young to be comfortable and confident after transforming?  Listen, and listen good.  I don't know which coven you come from, for all I know you could be one of Michael's underlings.  But I don't care.  The next time you want info, it comes with a price attached to it.  Same as for the cops.  You pay good, I tell you everything I know.  You pay not so good, you may end up in the wrong side of Saint City."

Shelton was riled.  He didn't know why, really.  His team had everything under control, so why was he boiling on the inside?  It must be the waxing moon.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 03:35:59 pm »

Almost- a bit more- nearly- have- him- kill- kill... KILL-

Five blocks, Three casualties and 2 gravely wounded humans later, Charles was less than 3 meters from his quarry. All he could see was the prey, and any other humans that wandered in his path or in the reach of his hands and fists. His mind focused on killing, how far he is from his prey and simply reaching it, he didn't notice where he was being led. The target turned around, and he saw the fear in it's eyes. It fed his blood lust and he moved faster. Nearly reaching his target, it suddenly turned a corner, ducking into an alley.

An alley... Wait!
Close- Nearly- Almost... In our reach! The Climax! The Fin-

Turning the corner, his shoes skidding the ground, he lunged forward and was met by a bullet in his chest. Spitting out blood and taking a deep breath right before a yell, he leaped towards the direction the gun came from and grabbed the muzzle. The gun fired and a bullet grazed his shoulder right before he forced it away from him. Using his other hand, he grab the throat of the assailant and squeezed.

"Crazy bastard... You mess with Fernando, you mess with the Mariachi." A voice from before said, the same voice from before.
He heard a click from behind him and ducked to the side, yanking the gun he grabbed before away and narrowly missing a bullet aimed for his skull. Skidding on the ground, he quickly rose up and found himself with an unconscious human. Walking to the human, breathing heavily, he stomped on his chest and face, doing whatever damage he could.

Ninja'd: 863
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 05:00:07 pm »

"That is none of your concern, bat." The detective said. "What Michael wants with us doesn't concern you or your kind."

Max didn't have to look around to know that his route was being blocked off. If there were only two or three werewolves he would have an easy time escaping, but there were more. And by the force with which the other female werewolf had grabbed him, they were nowhere near weak.

He looked at the detective. "Michael." He gave a gruff laugh and spat at the ground. "Vampires, they are one with lies and deceit. I hope you knew that before striking up whatever deal you made, detective. You will be betrayed." Max paused, then smirked. "But why would you believe one of my kind?"

"You follow us, with the stealth of an elephant I might add," the leader of the main pack said, "and when we catch you, you make demands of us?  And what's with the newspaper, Fangs?  You still too young to be comfortable and confident after transforming?  Listen, and listen good.  I don't know which coven you come from, for all I know you could be one of Michael's underlings.  But I don't care.  The next time you want info, it comes with a price attached to it.  Same as for the cops.  You pay good, I tell you everything I know. You pay not so good, you may end up in the wrong side of Saint City."

Max was silent for a moment, shaking his head. Then he spoke: "First of all, I belong to no coven. I've learned that friends and enemies can be just alike, given the situation and location. How packs and covens have not seen this over their numerous, miserable years on this dreadful planet is beyond me. And call me a Vampire, or Fangs, if you wish, but just as I will have no dealings with covens I will have no dealings with my fellow brothers." He seemed to spit the last word out. Max stood, forgetting his usual preference for clothes. "I know what travesties Vampires are capable of, and so I watched from out of sight; my main fear was that Michael would turn his lackeys against you lot. And don't think five werewolves could take on an entire coven of Vampires. Suicide, all in the name of that damned Vampyr drug. My, has this city fallen..."

Max shook his head and turned. He began walking towards a building, which was beside the building that his clothes sat atop. He payed no mind to the werewolves surrounding him. While he had been fearful of being attacked before, now he had grown wary and the fear had dwindled into nothing.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 05:31:51 pm »

He looked at the detective. "Michael." He gave a gruff laugh and spat at the ground. "Vampires, they are one with lies and deceit. I hope you knew that before striking up whatever deal you made, detective. You will be betrayed." Max paused, then smirked. "But why would you believe one of my kind?"

Jory's ears perked up when she heard this vampire's hatred for Michael. Maybe this one wasn't going to be so bad after all. But when he asked about his kind, Jory felt her eyes change. For tonight, this was becoming a bad habit for her.

"Your kind is going to expose us all," Jory argued. "Because of the mortal police officers that I work for, my ass is on the line because I'm a wolf. It's because of your kind that I have to decide whether or not to kill him during the day." Jory huffed and tried to calm herself down. "Maybe you can help me, bat since you seem to think that this Vampyr drug is not worthwhile. Maybe you can help me find more farms where they make it." Jory kicked the now bag of bones at their feet. "You know, since my last lead was killed. We could possibly work together, don't you think?"

Jory knew that this was a stretch. She knew that if Rollo found out, he would probably kill her. She knew his stance on Vampires. For her to work with one was unacceptable. But, times were dire and they all needed to work together. Especially if they want to be freed from The Red Justice radical group that she's heard so much about.

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 06:53:53 pm »

"Your kind is going to expose us all," the detective said. "Because of the mortal police officers that I work for, my ass is on the line because I'm a wolf. It's because of your kind that I have to decide whether or not to kill him during the day."

Max paused, still staring at his destination while listening to her.

"Maybe you can help me, bat since you seem to think that this Vampyr drug is not worthwhile. Maybe you can help me find more farms where they make it." Jory kicked the now bag of bones at their feet. "You know, since my last lead was killed. We could possibly work together, don't you think?"

He was silent for a minute, thinking. If he worked with them, he would be sacrificing the quiet and peace he had spent so much time trying to attain. If he didn't work with them, he would be sitting back while others suffered, going against the morals his father taught him. As he thought about it more, he knew what he had to do.

Without turning, he spoke: "The Canvas, on Donaldson Street. That is where you may find me. I both live and work there. If you wish to contact me in the day, my store hours are on the door." With that, he continued walking. His form blurred as he made his way up the building.

Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 10:19:24 pm »

At Archie's question Claire stood still for a moment before lowering her arm and then stared at Archie.

"Look, I'm running a business here, in case you can't tell. If you want real information, you're going to have to pay up." she said in a very annoyed tone.

"Oh right," Archie sighed. "Things nowadays are so much more difficult then they were a century ago." He reached into his jacket and pulled out a large envelope and held it out to Claire. "Look, inside this envelope are copies of the reports I have as well as a few right ups of some of the other supernatural events that have been going on lately. I know how you witches are with information like this. And if you need something more, I think I may have some cash on me. And please, don't try any kind of funny business on me, I can assure you that it won't work."
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 06:18:47 pm »

"The Canvas, on Donaldson Street. That is where you may find me. I both live and work there. If you wish to contact me in the day, my store hours are on the door."

With that, the vampire walked away from her. Jory growled under her breath and muttered: "Ass."
She then looked back at Shelton, who seemed to also stare at the vampire leaving. She placed her hands in her pockets and said: "Well, now what? Are you still gonna go down to the Underlayer? I'd like to see who your rumour jockeys are."

Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 07:47:40 pm »

Max finished clothing himself. He lit a cigarette and gave a quick puff. The cigarette hung from his lips as he slid down the building. Max hopped off of the wall and landed near his motorcycle. He got onto it and started the engine, removing the kickstand. He glanced at the group one last time and then road off.

The word "Ass" stuck with him in his mind as he drove. It saddened him that he had to resort to treating these people a bit crossly, but acting in any other way at that point in time might be seen as weak. And he was far from that. They had to know he meant business and was more than just a bat.

The night was far from over and so he stopped at a bar. He made his way inside and sat down.

The bartender turned and looked at him. He was a bit hesitant to approach Max at first, due to his gruff appearance, but in the end he was merely another customer. "What'll it be, pal?"

"...Hm? Oh, yes." Max paused, thinking. "A Bourbon Whiskey, please."

"Uhh, we don't got that here, guy." The bartender replied.

"Right. Sorry. Just a beer then." He paused. "And a steak, if you sell them?"

"How you want it cooked?"

"Rare." Max turned away.

"Uh...Will do. Be about a half hour. Drink'll be here sooner." The bartender walked away.

Max took off his biker gloves and sighed, staring forward. His mind traveled.

Ralion
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Gentleshark

RalionX@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:06 am »

"Oh right," Archie sighed. "Things nowadays are so much more difficult then they were a century ago." He reached into his jacket and pulled out a large envelope and held it out to Claire. "Look, inside this envelope are copies of the reports I have as well as a few right ups of some of the other supernatural events that have been going on lately. I know how you witches are with information like this. And if you need something more, I think I may have some cash on me. And please, don't try any kind of funny business on me, I can assure you that it won't work."

Claire rolled her eyes, but she had calmed back down, "Was that a threat? It won't do you any good to underestimate me either." She smiled, took the envelope, and flipped through the papers. "... Yes, this should cover the cost." She locked the front door again and headed to the back room, "Follow me, please," she said without turning around.

After Archie went through the doorway, Claire shut that door and walked over to a cabinet. "Take a seat in one of the chairs, if you want," she started looking around in the cabinet, which was full of papers, for something. "Ah, here it is!" Claire exclaimed, taking out a folder. "Word is, a powerful vampire by the name of Michael is behind several of the 'farms' around this town, if not all. The largest one seems to be here," by this time Claire was sitting on the couch across from the chairs, and had the folder open on the table.

She pointed to an area on a map of the city with a red circle around it. There were other circles on the map as well. "Supposedly this is where Michael spends most of his time. The Police don't have enough for a warrant, so they can't do anything about it. Even if they did, I don't think they have enough manpower to take on all those vampires, so I don't know what you think you can do working alone, but I wish you luck." More money and information sources are always a good thing. "Anything else you want to know?"

Quote from: TheLastOutlaw
I think I may have to adopt you at some point.
Boomstick
ARC Support Staff

maddeer02
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:53 am »

Shelton watched the Vampire leave, while committing his scent and face to memory.  He was thinking about the best way to get more info from this beast when he caught Jory glancing over at him.

"Well, now what? Are you still gonna go down to the Underlayer? I'd like to see who your rumour jockeys are."

So she was as eager to meet his contacts huh?  Well, he had no problem with that.  Johns was a pretty good friend, and he wouldn't dare put another before Wind, no matter how pretty she was.  "Yeah.  Gotta dissolve your source.  And if you're lucky, maybe Johns will have some info on these Vamps that hoodwinked you.  Maybe even let you know some others that would love to see some wood buried in his chest."

He picked up Talus' remains, and set off again.  The entrance was only a few meters away, and Hyena had already removed the grating.  It looked like a normal runoff port, until the grating was removed and one took a step down.  At that point, the spell was disrupted and one could see a spiraling staircase.  Every third stair for about twelve was grooved, and directed the water that might enter into small pipes in the wall, so as to keep the steps relatively dry and safe.

Just when the darkness was so much for even a Wolf to need to feel his way, Shelton turned into a niche in the wall, which wound around and opened into a large tunnel.  The Blobs being what they are, used their organic acids to eat away the stone, modifying once functional subway tunnels to create a network of passageways and caverns.  They were far from dim witted as some might believe, just slow to action as they seem to ponder what the best course would be.  Shelton led them through the maze with the ease of familiarity, and finally stopped at what seemed a dead end.  He dropped the remains, and pushed a section of the wall.  A slight grinding was heard as if stone was sliding free.  Soon, the wall in front of them shimmered, and as it swung inward, was revealed to be a metal door.

"Bet you didn't know that they emply several magic users, eh?  Oh, Johns!  Nice ta see ya pal.  Got a favor to ask."

A large grey form moved into view behind the door, and studied them.  In a surprisingly alto voice, it said "Ah, welcome moon-runner.  Been a few days, whatcha got he- oh?  A new packmate?"

Wind chuckled, and dragged the bundle inside, waving the others to follow.  "Nah, just a stray I found?  Fancy a pet?  But really, I need you to get rid of this trash here.  If you can use the clothing for anything, feel free.  Seems, the damn thing liked to turn on people who trusted him."  He fished in his pocket, and brought out a few small bills, handing it to Johns.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 09:53:03 am »

"Yeah.  Gotta dissolve your source.  And if you're lucky, maybe Johns will have some info on these Vamps that hoodwinked you.  Maybe even let you know some others that would love to see some wood buried in his chest."

Jory only gave a smirk at this statement. Jory followed Shelton and his pack down to the Underlayer. She'll admit that she's never been down here before and she never really liked Blob people in the first place. They were more unhuman than she was. As they headed deeper into the sewer, Jory blinked and tried to see clearer. But, it was too dark. She hadn't realized how dark the sewers really were. She held onto the wall as if it would save her life.

Shelton smiled as the door opened to reveal the grey blob, Johns. The blob smiled and commented that Jory was their new pack member. Jory tensed up about this; she should return to her own pack soon. Jory gave a sneeze and held her nose. She looked at the two of them apologetically. She wasn't used to the smell just yet. Jory hovered behind Shelton and waited for anything else that she needed to do.

Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 07:57:04 pm »

Archie followed Claire into the back room when she said to and took a seat where she offered as she ruffled through the piles of papers that filled the cabinets. Worse then my office, he thought.

"Ah, here it is!" Claire exclaimed as she pulled free a folder and opened it. "Word is, a powerful vampire by the name of Michael is behind several of the 'farms' around this town, if not all. The largest one seems to be here," she pointed to an area on a map of the city with a red circle around it. There were other circles on the map as well. "Supposedly this is where Michael spends most of his time. The Police don't have enough for a warrant, so they can't do anything about it. Even if they did, I don't think they have enough manpower to take on all those vampires, so I don't know what you think you can do working alone, but I wish you luck. Anything else you want to know?"

"Yes, just a moment," Archie said as he studied the map, reading the streets and looking for anything else that may be suspicious. The largest circle was deep in the supernatural part of the city. A place he had been lucky enough to avoid for most of his career here. Looked like that was coming to end for him. He looked up from the map and faced Claire. "What do you know about a Lich named Carvath Gram?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:41:07 pm by Raryn » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: