The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 03:34:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TZH Game Reviews II: Sins of the Reviewer  (Read 34918 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 12:58:51 am »

Never. This is getting a little redundant.

At least, that's what I think.
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 02:30:57 am »

A few things, though, like "You can't change your armor" (You can at the Villa), and "The ending is awesome".

I meant remove.
And I liked the ending. "magic duplication jutsu"? Its an illusion. One we were presented with in the previous game. So it comes as no surprise.
 Yes, I am a smug bastard...

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2010, 02:52:54 am »

I'm not going to lie, I couldn't bring myself to finish the second game because it was awful. That game was like three months of Ramen. Awesome at first, suicide inducing for the rest.

Tanaj
Civillian Police

privateryan@o2.pl
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2010, 03:12:01 am »

The ending reminds me of what happened to Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy to you Americans). An awesome thriller\conspiracy\horror until we start using supernatural powers we pulled out of our ASS. Then the whole atmosphere goes to drown itself in the sea of bullshit. Argh!  Angry

I am better now.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 03:13:09 am »

I'm not going to lie, I couldn't bring myself to finish the second game because it was awful. That game was like three months of Ramen. Awesome at first, suicide inducing for the rest.

So you just looked up the ending online then? Also, just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it? Because it was pretty good I thought.

And from what I heard Indigo Prophecy is just one big game of Simon.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2010, 03:48:29 am »

"supernatural"?
As far as I noticed, this game kills the notion of supernatural. The world really is godless in this game.
Everything is whacky-dacky science and aliens(which I don't mind) while the rest of the world believes it to be supernatural.
Perhaps the best example would be "The truth".

[c
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2010, 03:56:24 am »

I pretty much said what I didn't like about it.

There are like 8 main missions, all of which are the same, all of which take place in boring towns that are pretty much no different from one another, all of which end the exact same way. Just because the mechanic works well once doesn't mean that doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is going to be awesome. And yeah, some of the missions are different, but "Oh, in this mission, you have to fight a guy before killing your target" and in this mission "You have to fight three guys and then chase your target" and in this mission "There are four guys and one of them is your target and there's no penalty in any way for killing the wrong one" isn't particularly my idea of worthwhile variety.

"supernatural"?
As far as I noticed, this game kills the notion of supernatural. The world really is godless in this game.
Everything is whacky-dacky science and aliens(which I don't mind) while the rest of the world believes it to be supernatural.
Perhaps the best example would be "The truth".

Uh... Aliens aren't supernatural? Supernatural pretty much just means "Not natural", and it's a pretty common belief among most people that aliens fall under that category.

BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2010, 04:00:37 am »

Uh... Aliens aren't supernatural? Supernatural pretty much just means "Not natural", and it's a pretty common belief among most people that aliens fall under that category.
That is pretty racist towards the aliens  Yes, I am a smug bastard...
I have never considered aliens to be supernatural. 'Tis stupid.

[c
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2010, 04:08:27 am »

Well, all that shit aside, let's get back on topic here, someone post a review.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 10:47:44 am »

I'm still working on X-Men Legends II and in a day or two, another review of DQH: Rocket Slime.

Recently Completed: X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

System: Gamecube

Story: Our story starts off when The Professor is kidnapped by Apocalypse, whom has already abducted Polaris and Quicksilver for his own means. Both the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants team up to save them and stop Apocalypse, as they found out they couldn't do it alone. (Fast-forward a bit to a military prison outpost in Greenland) Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm meet up with Magneto, Mystique and Sabretooth (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm and Magneto are playable) to free the Professor and bring him to Genosha. There, they begin of both their search for just what Apocalypse wanted there and their mission to stop him.

Time Spent: 35:21

The Good:
+ Definitely one of the better Action/RPGs on the Gamecube and one of the best superhero games out there. Also arguably the best X-Men game out there.
+ Gameplay is oddly compelling and addicting. I really don't know why.
+ Multiplayer! Bring your friends to help you defeat Apocalypse.
+ The X-Men and Brotherhood team up to take on Apocalypse, which means that there is more mutant powers and fun to go around. And teams that would normally not be available elsewhere.
+ The cast of 18 characters is amazing (With 3 unlockables, and players would be pleasantly surprised by them).
+/- Some characters are absolute essentials to your party while others can easily be left behind.
+/- The powers are real fun to use and are a blast to see in action, but when you upgrade, there are no animation changes (There are exceptions, but it's mainly due to the power targeting more enemies, such as Iceman's Ice Pillar and Storm's Chain Lightning).
+/- Some powers are completely useless, but that's why you have a wide variety of options to choose from.
+ Exploits in some of the powers make the game easier and actually more fun (Ice Gloves and Teleport Frenzy come to mind).
+ Ability to redistribute skill points (Used to allocate to powers and various passive abilities) for a fee in tech bits-ingame currency (10k for first time, 100k second time, 1 million third time and beyond)
+ Team A.I. ain't half bad. They do their job pretty well.
+/- You'll see the same enemies, but it's not much of a problem. A good amount are robots/faceless soldiers anyway.
+ Some amazing stylish, comic-y graphics that suit the game. It helps that it rarely slows down.
+/- Music that blends in; Don't remember any particular tunes but it's a plus that it doesn't annoy you as you play.
+ Great overall sound effects.
+/- Humorous quips that are enjoyable to hear the first time but may get old as they repeat.
+ A buffet of extras, with artwork, comic book covers (Would have been sweet if they were readable) and bonus costumes (For you nerds out there).
+ The Danger Room is a great way to get rare items, character specific items, exp and to blast away baddies.

The Bad:
- Not being able to carry much items is quite a drag. You can only carry 20 on-hand and the hero storage which can only carry a meager 60 (You will be gaining a hell lotta loot).
- Only being able to assign three mutant powers at a time (Fourth spot is reserved for an Xtreme Power).
- Each chapter (Act) only has a cut scene at the start of it.
- Hope you don't miss finding a Danger Room Disc, sketchbook, tech station or whatnot in an act, as it'll be tough to find it once you complete said act.

Score: 8.75/10, I really don't know how the gameplay is so addicting... Is it the anticipation of getting another level-up so I can buff some powers? Is it actually using the powers in a cyclone of destruction, that looks pretty good to boot? Is it simply the fact that I can play as a group of superheroes that are usually on opposing sides? It might be those three and more, but what's certain is that it's great to have such an abundance of power at your fingertips. There may be a lot of mid-way pluses/minuses and the score may not seem justified, but what really brings it up is the constantly mentioned gameplay. That point is what really makes the game shine. Not just that it looks pretty, or sounds great, or has a great cast (So on and so forth), but that you really, truly, do feel like you're kicking ass.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:32:38 am by HK-47 » Logged

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 10:15:13 am »

Recently Completed:  Alpha Protocol

Time to Completion: A little over 20 hours.

System:  XBox 360

Story:  Without getting into too much spoiler territory you play as a secret agent in a shadowy government organization that doesn't officially exist. Your first mission series goes wrong and you end up rogue, on your own and trying to figure exactly what happened and why.  Along the way you can recruit allies, betray them, make friends and stay loyal to them or just be a complete asshole and shoot damn near everyone in the face and/or bounce their head of tables and bean them with booze bottles.  In short fun for the whole family.  Oh, you can also sleep with 90% of the female cast if you feel inclined to be the cyber reincarnation of James Bond.  And it's funny I should mention James Bond because...

The Good:  The main character has three main personas he channels when dealing with people based on the three JB's of the spy thriller genre.  Suave (James Bond), aggressive (Jack Bauer) proffesional (Jason Bourne).  During conversations you choose which stance you will use and you have a time limit to make the choice.  If you don't choose the game will simply choose for you using the last stance you used.  Occasionally you have the chance to choose a fourth option which is usually either an extreme action move, such as impromptu execution, or sometimes if you've gathered enough intel on someone you can catch them lying or something of that nature.  Or you can just be an ass and end the conversation.  At first while playing through some of the earlier conversations the thought "Mass Effect rip off" crossed my mind more than once.  But the more I played the more I realized that isn't really the case.  The game does not morally judge you for your choices.  There is no good/bad.  There's just results and consequences.  You want to get in good with the reporter chick?  Send her intel she can publish.  You want to actually make money from that intel?  Blackmail the bastards you stole it from.  You want to throw your weight around and be a dick with an informant?  Beat the living shit of him in a bar and publicly humilate him, but don't be surprised when he doesn't cut you in on his distribution network.  In fact, how you treat some characters will have direct reprecussions on how others deal with you because you will gain a reputation and they do keep each other up to date on your activities.  I played through the first time as a pretty "morally flexible" character.  I tried to keep a decent amount of allies to help me out but I also shot a lot of people in the face and burned a few bridges.  My buddy, (who is almost done with his playthrough) was pretty much a complete cockmonger but he kept damn near everyone alive so he could extort the hell of them at every opportunity.  Known differences so far, he missed out on a number of lucrative bonus objectives as well as not getting an assisst that would have made one of his boss battles almost infinitely easier.  I have access to more weapons and equipment than he does but not as much raw cash.  Also I got Mike (the main character) laid twice...

On that note I suppose the sex in the game must be covered since everyone lusts after pixelated boobies and virtual sex acts right?  No?  Just me?  I mean of course not, only perverts care about stuff like that.  Ah the hell with it, by this point everyone knows I'm a pervert anyway...  I thought the game handled the sex scenes well.  There are apparently 4 women you can sleep with at some point in the game (assuming you haven't killed them or pissed them off, yes I killed one and pissed off another) so I can't speak for all four but the two I did see were tastefully done, they didn't show anything graphic nor dwell on it overmuch.  You know what's going to happen, then they fade to black.  Mass Effect had more nudity (the butt shot) but if you're playing a game for the pixelated nudity, seriously get yourself some help.  But sleeping with every attractive woman who moves is a staple of the spy thriller genre ever since James Bond so I can see why they felt inclined to include the option in the game.

And since this is nominally an RPG you have a wide variety of skills to choose from as well as weapon upgrades.  The upgrade system works much like Mass Effect in that each weapon has slots you can upgrade (barrel, magazine, sights, and accessory which can range from stocks to complete frame replacement) all of which tweak some stat of the weapon.  One of the things I really liked was the fact you could buy different chokes for the shotguns to affect the spread pattern.  Another thing I liked was how there is no set inventory for the black market, what's availble is strongly influenced by your interactions with other characters.  If someone likes you well enough, or you if you drive a hard enough bargain when dealing with them, they'll give the nod to someone they know who knows some people and the next time you check there's some more stuff available for you to buy.  In fact some of the areas have nothing available when you first arrive, you have to cultivate local contacts first.  The armor system is similar, generally speaking the stealthier armor has less pockets and carrying space for gadgets than the bulkier combat armor but there are naturally a few middle of the road options that have nice balance. 

The skills are much as you would expect, weapons specific skill trees, stealth, hand to hand combat, gadet use, breaking and entering, overall toughness.  Unless you have a couple points put into a skill tree, it sucks.  You will not be able to be stealthy, you won't be able to punch your way out a paper bag, you won't be able to hit what you're aiming at.  If you max out a skill tree?  You will be as unto a god in that area.  My first play through I did a recruit who starts with NOTHING.  I spent most of the first area thinking stealth was broken in the games favor.  By the end of the game I had maxed out my stealth and was convinced it was broken in my favor.  The game gives you a LOT of flexibility as to how you specialize your stats.  And that being said, do not attempt to be a jack of all trades.  This is a game where specializing is key because the better skills open up late in the skill tree.  If you don't specialize you're going to suck equally at everything.

Closely related to the skill system are the perks.  The game will reward you for how you play.  Depending on how often you use various response types, or how many kills you make with a certain weapon or even how many hit points you've lost in your career the game will reward you with bonuses of AP (action points buy your skills), EXP, and even health and damage bonuses.  It's nice to be given a bonus for hanging up on enough people  laugh

The Bad:  The graphics are not pretty.  The character models and animations range from "servicable" on the high end to "first gen 360 or possibly even late gen XBox" on the low end.  I get that an RPG is about story first and graphics second but some of the jerky animations (the main characters hunched over "stealth" walk) leave you scratching your head and asking "couldn't they have polished this just a LITTLE more?"  Textures have a bad habit of not fully loading in, this is especially noticeable when you're checking out weapons and armor and the game chugs to load the texture while you're looking at an amorphous blob; wondering if it's a new bulletproof vest or if the rendering card just vomited straight to the screen.  Also you WILL get noticeable moments where you transition from one area to another where the game will pause to load.  A little rotating Alpha protocol logo pops up and the screen blurs to assure you that the game didn't freeze up and they USUALLY only have these at doorways but I encountered a few in hallways or large rooms which was jarring.  I will say though that I never had the game actually freeze on me so that's pretty cool.

The cover system... it has the same problems most context sensitive cover systems do, you hug the wrong wall and open yourself for being shot for instance.  Plus they added a few more just for your torture.  Most doorways allow you to take cover next to the door so you can cautiously push the door open without getting a bullet in the teeth.  But some doorways that appear to have just as much room if not more won't allow it..?  Plus there's the fact that really the cover is almost completely pointless, most of the time I just crouched behind something and didn't bother wall hugging and it served me just as well without the goofy control issues.

The camera is just plain stupid.  It will not track to your movements all and I HATE having to run in half circle or some other tactical move while manually panning the camera.  Call me spoiled but cameras haven't been this dumb since the inception of 3-D platforming.  The one slightly redeeming quality is that you can click the left thumbstick in to center the camera, a fact that isn't covered in the manual and that I found on accident.  Still, it's not the same as having a proper camera.

And speaking of dumb... The AI is straight up ridiculous.  As if being crippled by horrendous walk paths where they will stand staring at the wall waiting for you to show up and stick a shiv in their back wasn't bad enough, these poor saps also have NO peripheral vision.  I've approached some of them who are facing three quarters towards me and they continue to stand stock still, jaw hanging slightly open to let the drool escape until I crush their windpipe and snicker under my breath.  Or I'll attempt to perform the same manuever and lo and behold!  His ESP will kick in and he'll quickly pivot and empty his AK mag into my forehead, then call for backup.  Then his friends will take turns dumping rounds into my skull while I fractically attempt to backpedal while mashing the ineffectual cover button until I die from blood loss.  And they never really seem to get smarter as the game goes on, instead you merely face more of them with better weapons and more health.  They also will get upgraded with some brutal hand to hand moves so don't expect to pimp slap them to death like you can in the early stages unless you keep your martial arts skills buffed up.  In other words inconsistent and nintendo hard instead of properly intelligent.

Overall:  Overall I'm equal parts disappointed and satisfied.  I was a huge fan of Black Isle studios (Planescope Torment anyone?) and have bought everything they've done since becoming Obsidian.  (Like KotOR 2.)  And just like KotOR 2 and Planescape there are truly awesome moments in the game.  And sadly like both of the aforementioned titles it also have parts that just seem so unfinished.  For KotOR 2 I blamed the fast turnaround time from original to sequel for the lack of polish but Alpha Protocol can't hide behind that excuse.  The game has been in production for at least two years and got delayed from a release in October of last year for more polishing.  What they did with the game in the last seven months sort of mystifies me.  But beyond the sometimes clunky controls, dated graphics and usually goofy AI I actually enjoyed the game.  I liked the character interaction and I've already restarted with my veteran character and am enjoying trying different actions to see their consequences.  At the end of the game while the credits roll there's a voiceover of a news broadcast which lets you know the longer reaching implications of your choices in the different world arenas you affected, it was a nice touch.  If you're an achievement point completist or want to see all the different endings the game will take you a few playthroughs.  But if you're not looking for an investement that long term I really can't reccomend buying it, and even if you were to buy you're probably better off waiting till the price drops to 30 or 40 bucks.  That probably won't be too far in the future.

Final Grade: C+/ B-

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »

Alright, reviewing time, baby!

Recently Completed: MGS Peace Walker

Console: PSP

Time Spent: About 20 Hours

Story: Taking place after the events of Portable Ops, Naked Snake, or Big Boss, has moved to Costa Rica where he forms his own mercenary army known as "Militaires Sans Frontieres" or "Soldiers Without Borders". An unknown army of soldiers has invaded the country with a warhead dubbed "Peace Walker", which they plan to launch for deterrence. Big Boss and the MSF are tasked with removing the nuclear threat, and stopping an inevitable nuclear war.

The Good:
+ Great Story
+ Capturing soldiers is much easier with the FULTON Recovery Balloon, where as in Portable Ops you had to drag them to a truck
+ You can assign captured soldiers to different teams, like an R&D Team for researching new weapons
+ There's some fun Co-Op in the game!
+ Nice variety of weapons, and items, including a Stinger Missile Launcher, and a Tank Box.
+ Tons of fun side missions, that include eliminating hostiles, or even fighting Monsters from the Monster Hunter series!
+ You can now capture tanks, and helicopters
+ You can form captured soldiers, and vehicles into a squad to go attack other mercenaries in other countries to make money.
+ Awesome graphics, it feels like I'm playing a High Quality PS2 game.
+ Awesome comic style cutscenes, which will even have some interactive moments in them.
+ Great Voice Acting.
+ Improved shooting. You now shoot over the shoulder MGS4 style, instead of locking on, or aiming down your sights.
+ Great Music.
+ Awesome new CQC moves to pull off.
+ You can build your very own Metal Gear!
+ Epic Boss Battles.
+ Pretty lengthy. Sticking to the main mission will take about 13 or 14 hours, and the Side Missions just add to the replay value, and overall length.
+ Features some sort of "Vocaloid" thingy for your Metal Gear. I know it's some sort of voice synthesizer, I have no idea how to use it, but if you can figure it, good on you, because I've heard it's quite the popular thing.

The Bad:
- Co-Op is Ad-Hoc only, meaning you can only play local. If you have a PS3, however, you can go online if you have "Ad-Hoc Party".
- Some items are only really useful if you play in Co-Op mode.
- Can't Crawl, you can go prone, but no crawling.
- Can't hide enemies bodies.
- Some of the missions can be a real pain if your not in Co-Op

Final Score: 9.5/10. MGS Peace Walker is a blast from beginning to end, with tons to do on the side. The story isn't super confusing, and should be good whether your a veteran of the series of a newcomer to it. This quite possibly one of the best, if not the best games I have ever played on the PSP. It would be perfect if the Co-Op was online.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2010, 11:12:46 am »

Recently Completed: Drone Tactics

System: Nintendo DS

Time Spent: Estimated time of 40 hours, including 60% of the Badlands completed

Story: Two school children, Yamato and Tsubasa, find a pair of insects; Y-Ite, a butterfly and K-Buto, a rhino beetle. They claim to come from the world of Cimexus and need human allies to help save their world from the Black Swarm. The two children agree to aid them and journey to Cimexus, where they take control of drones in the shape of bugs to combat the Black Swarm, meeting friends and gaining allies along the way.

The Good:
+ Underneath the childish exterior of children using giant bug mechs and the cheesy cliche-ridden story is a downright amazing strategy game that should not be missed by fans of the genre.
+ The strategy portion is amazing, each unit has their specialty and their place in your ever-growing army.
+ Quite the lengthy game, chocking over 25 hours for the story mode alone. Give or take some time for customization.
+ Customization; each unit has three spots for extra equipment that is used for Melee, Guns and Cannon. A boost item or an offensive item can be placed in each spot which gets the player thinking on what's best for the task at hand.
+ Alongside the story mode is The Badlands, which features optional maps to level units, gain in-game currency and items. And it's said that the latter levels of The Badlands are tougher than the final story mode map.
+ The feature that allows you to bring a deck of cards into battle. For additional healing, a one-shot attack boost, one-shot defense boost, extra movement for a turn (Or range) etc. And having the proper deck for a given situation will make your life easier.
+ Also the ability to fuse/combine certain cards to form new, more powerful cards.
+/- The crest system is a nice feature, but chances are that you're aren't going to benefit from it right away.
+ 3D battles when the units go one-on-one, which is an excellent touch.
+ Say for example, that you decide to attach a 4x Missile to your rhino beetle mech. It actually appears when it goes one-on-one, which is pretty cool.
+ The soundtrack is quite nice, and does suit the mood.
+/- Sometimes the dialogue takes far too long to get through, but there are some humorous bits here and there.
+/- Characters are mostly one-dimensional, but some have their moments.
+ Ability to distribute bonus Exp after battles.

The Bad:
- The story is quite... Crap, to say in the least. Cliche and predictable, you aren't playing it to see what comes next.
- When you initiate an attack, you can't go back if you decide otherwise; you just have to press on with it.
- Repetitive mini-games for whenever you or your opponent activates a card when attacking or defending.
- Don't be surprised if in the Badlands, your opponent decides to use attack-boosting cards quite often.
- Linear stat progression for your units when they level up.

Score: 7.75/10, I really, truly, wish that I can only count the gameplay into the score. That is what shines here; not the story, not the graphics, not the sound, but the strategic portion. In the latter levels, it really gets you thinking on how to best adjust to the situation. Definitely a treat for the portable gamer and the strategy fan, if they can get past the story.

Ninja'd: 863
Kraven
ARC Support Staff

Trolololololo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2010, 12:46:02 pm »

Recently Completed: Fable II Game of the Year

System: Xbox 360

Time spent: 20 plus hours

Story: You and your sister live in the poor part of Bowerstone Old Town. surviving on whatever you can find it happens that this day a trader named Murgo has an item for sale that will make your wishes come true. Running around the small town working for five gold pieces you and your sister finally buy the item and are called upon to the castle. There the lord seems like a nice enough man and it looks as though things are turning up. But unknown to you two you are heroes destined to save this land, and the lord is not pleased. He kills your sister and tries to kill you in hopes to stop anyone that would get in his way. Years later you are grown up and now it is time for you to go out in the world and be a hero, or a villain.

The Good:
+ Story is nice and easy flowing
+ The jokes are still funny
+ Picking to be either a boy or a girl hero
+ The places are bigger from the last game and don't feel as compact
+ Changing from weapons to magic is easy
+ More stuff to do after you kill the final boss
+ The dog is actually useful
+ The graphics are wonderful for the game
+ Players who remember the first game will get a chuckle at a few of the jokes and also be pleased at some of the stories and places
+ No guild master to yell at you
+ Online is helpful and also gives you the choice jump into someone else game

The Bad:
- There are glitches that will cause you to reset the game. One that is most noticeable is when you are in the Colosseum. If you are knocked down your body will fly everywhere and sometimes there will be a huge line that cuts through your head. It will not go away.

- Buyer beware. If you play online you really don't know what you're going to get. People will say they are giving you and item that you want but they can lie and give you something useless

- Lagging is a major issue for the game. It is worse when you play online but that is to be expected.

- Reused voices

- Some predicable outcomes. At some point in the game it will feel like the first one. Entering the Spire is the same level thought as when your hero is taken to prison in the first one

- Final boss fight is a let down

- Unless you have the DLC after you beat the final boss the rest of the game feels empty, even if there are side quest if you're dog is killed there is no point in continuing

Score: 9.0/10
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:41:01 am by Kraven » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2010, 04:53:03 pm »

Just putting it out there, but Dead Rising, and Fable II are two different games. It's like Saying Final Fantasy is better than Left 4 Dead.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: