Okay, so as the first action of a man fresh back from US Air Force Basic training, it it my humble honor to present something that has been dancing in my head ever since Arreksu decided to put a [dic] thread up for it a while ago. Here it is for your enjoyment and maybe your participation.
p.s. This is my official rejoining into the community after 3 long months.
* Quality: Medium (2-3 paragraph posts, at least, and try to expound on your character's motivations and emotions a bit.)
* Control: Medium-Low (Just don't step too far out of line, or the GM might gently reign you back in.)
* Survivability: Medium High (You might die, but don't expect it.)
* Technicality: Low-Medium (Additional details about the world provided. Basic tech and magic expounded upon. Plot may have a bit more info.)
The city of New Fortune, a bright semblance of what it used to be, a sunny place ot raise your kids without thought of robbery and murderers. Where the average citizen could live an average life as long as they gave up a few freedoms to keep them safe. Where all of the walls are clean and pristine, but the core of the city is corrupt and festering with the constant threat of Big Brother looming around every corner. Cameras on every corner, police listening in on and reading electronic messages for any signs of riotous and terroristic behavior.
The only real way to bypass this stringent security was to use a group of people called the 'Runners', a loosely based cell organization where the main goal is to use loopholes and breaches in security to get physical information through to their clients. The runners are never supposed to look in the bags and they never meet their clients face to face. The only thing they do is run across the cityscape, dodging cameras and security webs.
Fairly simple until Faith and her sister Kate shook down a conspiracy happening in the very government itself. Someone didn't like the free flow of information (for a price) that the runners were contributing to and created what was called "Project Icarus", which was a plan to destroy all of the Runners and re-establish state control of information. Faith and Kate destroyed the Shard central computer system, which was the police's main way of tracking the digital flow of information, but engineers predict that it should be back up and running within the month.
But that's neither here nor there. You are one of these runners and all you know is that your controller just informed you that some cops are heading your way. You are walking the mirror's edge, the fine line between what this government wants you to see, and what really is...
Are you going to fall off that edge? Or jump?
What to Expect:
This is a primarily parkour oriented game, but don't let that interfere with what you have in mind. Players are allowed to play one of two roles: Runners and Controllers.
1) Runners: The legs of the operations. Typically 2-3 per Controller. They get the bag, get it to where it needs to go with directions from their controller, and then get out. They can range anywhere from extremely athletic and gymnast type to a street-beater thug. As long as you can run and get into and out of tight spots, you can work.
2) Controllers: The brains of the operation. These people get the contracts, get the information and direct the Runners out in the field. They are usually active members of society (at least toward their clients), but can be found in locations that only runners can reach (the top of a building with a hole in the roof. Some are ex-runners, others are ex-military or police.
Everyone shares a common goal of getting paid and getting information out.
I'll go ahead and open it up to comments and questions. An inquisition would be welcome and is expected, but i will not post a character sheet until i am satisfied that there are enough players.