The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 18, 2014, 02:58:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Left Behind: Silent Frost  (Read 44164 times)
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2010, 01:58:29 pm »

Dammit!
I should have discovered this thread much sooner! Seems like an awful lot of fun(considering my huge activity level on the internet). I have even made a character beforehand which seems like would be cool to give life to.
But I suppose that now it is too late to apply... Dammit!

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Xanatos
ARC Support Staff

Forever

xanatos_forever@hotmail.com XanatosForever
View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2010, 02:21:08 pm »

That's really up to Sarge. You should post the character anyway, I'm sure he'd be willing to give you a chance.

DOH! I thought I had posted that I was going on vacation for 2 weeks here...and I guess I didnt. My apologies for having shitty short term memory.

Will be posting until further notice.

Looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:45:14 pm by Xanatos » Logged
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »

That's really up to Sarge. You should post the character anyway, I'm sure he'd be willing to give you a chance.
Well... Okay, I'll try.
Here we go.

Name: Daniel Johansen
Nickname: Dan, John, Johan
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 183 lbs
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Pre-infestation profession: Agriculture student studying abroad
Personal skills: Strong will, resourceful, good at improvising in any situation, crafty, solid, cool and logical mind, knows how to keep his own morale to a non-depressed level even in the saddest of situations and can thrive on the smallest of entertainments; everything from jokes to kicking a rock.

Physical appearance: His tall and somewhat slender(partially starved) body is like a Scandinavian stereotype except for his thick brown hair which is crudely cut down short to avoid the grabbing hands of the undead.
He wears a green, filthy hoodie with a regular zipper which allows for quick escape if grabbed. He have gone unshaven long and "fur" grows freely. Even though the world is full of zombies, his hate for tight clothing is apparent due to his loose brown-green pants. His belt is a ammunition belt for shotgun shells.
Years of practical work at the farm have granted him a strong physique which appears to be slowly fading away due to repetitive lack of proper food over a long period of time. His eyes switches between ice cold and rabbit-like nervousness depending on the situation. This impression is strengthened by his pale skin.
He have abandoned hygiene(except for disinfecting) almost entirely. Clean water is more important for drinking.

Gear:
-Small: Batteries, mini-flashlight, Ammo-belt, additional shotgun shells.
-Medium: Carpenter-hammer, disinfectant, M9 bayonet, Kevlar sleeves.
-Large: Double-barreled shotgun.

Personality: He is a somewhat reserved person due to slight social retardation.
The outbreak hit Dan hard mentally. one couldn't really expect -and he didn't expect of himself either- that such a young person would manage to keep his personality fully intact.
But he have still kept his person intact due to his strong will to survive.
He is good at lying but generally prefers not to. If someone asks, especially if they beg, for help then he will undoubtedly help.
He is a natural follower who has no intentions of commanding anyone unless it is necessary for survival.
Usually passive and has a laid back personality. He will however always have the last word in a discussion and will rarely ever give in unless proven completely wrong. Daniel generally dislikes people who won't be reasoned with, something which really came to show when he tried to calm some of the first zombies he encountered.
Not easily riled, he will however explode if anyone gives him angry critique for matters that aren't significant or where the critique is wrong or completely unnecessary.
His humor is very macabre(and become increasingly so) and will thrive on the shock of the audience if not their laughter.
Daniel have, despite his grave situation, become fond of Mercies and will never kill one unless it is fully required(never killed one) just as he'd rather run away from zombified children than finish them, though he cares increasingly less about the age of the zombies.
Will typically whisper the lyrics of his favorite songs to pass time. One verse he started to sing regularly after getting "used" to the outbreak is the chorus from Disturbed-The curse:
"I've held on too long just to let it go now, Will my inner strength get me through it some how? Defying the curse that has taken hold, Never surrender, I'll never be overcome".

His previous social "rule" which was a handicap then has become a somewhat handy rule:
"No one is TRULY your friend before you get to know them, and they you, fully.". This rule saves him from unnecessary bonding and will make him a loyal and trustworthy til-death companion to whoever befriends him. Despite this rule he will not abandon anyone he have come in company to their fate and will protect anyone. This is probably because he won't admit to himself that he is lonely.
Despite his somewhat poor social skills he can let anyone open up to him about anything; from love to depressions. He can listen to people talk for hours and give responses even if the topic is considered "whining" or plain boring he will still enjoy it.

History: Daniel was born to a moderate family in a coastal town in central-Norway. At the age of three, his parents broke up. He lived part time with his mother on a farm in the nearby countryside and partially together with his father in the city, giving him the best qualities from both worlds.
Due to his poor social antennas, Daniel didn't manage to get many friends and was often mocked and excluded from games by other children. He loved to talk and was often nicked "Fountain" due to the "never ending" talking. When he didn't talk, he kept to himself and was completely mute.
After his closest friend moved to another city, Daniel developed the habit of talking to himself loudly, but only in private.
He never knew that it was "socially unacceptable" and an indicator of craziness until years later.
He started to spend more time learning about the world around him and wouldn't be at peace if he knew that there was some common knowledge out there that he was completely ignorant of.
At the age of nine, he was introduced to the English language at school and became obsessed with it. Today he speaks English flawlessly and almost without the typical Norwegian accent.

Over the years he developed a love for History, life, philosophy and science. After a hard day's work he would often sit around and read books or watch documentaries.
Being a Norwegian, Daniel was used to cold temperatures and would rarely mention it being cold outside unless there was a constant temperature of at least -14-17 Celsius. This resistance would later come him in handy. Understandably, he admired Siberians for their toughness.

Around the age of fourteen he reached what he liked to call "The age of reason" which lead to him eventually losing his faith in the supernatural, thus becoming an atheist. He was however admirably tolerant of other people's beliefs from the very beginning and would never call religion "evil" when debating.
He would attend church without problems if there was baptizing, confirmation, weddings or funerals, he improved relations with different people increasingly and started to better get control of the worst parts of his social problems.
Things started to go his way and he became slightly more socially interactive.

When his elder brother joined the military, Daniel decided that he had to become something which demanded him to be active and stay more in movement while doing people a favor.
He decided to become a farmer and after finishing the Norwegian equivalent of high-school he then applied to an agricultural school.
He decided he would study the second year abroad and decided to do so in The United States.
He managed to get into a desired school and got to the US comfortably.
The school provided a lot of learning and interesting experiences but with one gigantic hitch that he hadn't thought about enough. The local area was deeply religious. Having heard and read about many unsettling stories of non-religious students in religious areas who were mistreated and bullied for their beliefs.
Fearing social persecution, Daniel mostly kept to himself and didn't talk about himself at all and would often use his skills of lying whenever questioned about his beliefs or opinions about religious aspects and such.
In the end, this resulted in him not bonding with any person in the area. Whether that would be a curse or a blessing later remains in question.

On the internet he read reports of some strange disease which have appeared and also mass cannibalism. Thinking it was some sort of media over-hype he didn't care much and decided to check later for further reports.
One day he was walking alone past some farms close to the local city.
All of a sudden he hears an enormous ruckus in one of the nearby barns. He sets of to see if someone is in need for help.
Entering the barn, a gush of blood all of a sudden hits his chest. In front of him there is a man biting another in the throat. Daniel yells out and desperately tells the man to stop what he is doing.
The bitten man drops dead to the floor and the attacker slowly turns his head towards Daniel.
The man lacks part of his scalp and his lower lip is missing. The eyes, black and blue, stares hungrily at him.
Daniel screams in horror, quickly grabs a nearby pitchfork and in panic he stabs the man in the chest.
He steps back in horror over what he has done when he suddenly notices that the man isn't dying. It rather seemed like he didn't care much about the pitchfork which had impaled him in the chest and starts to stumble towards Daniel.
Daniel Screams in horror and makes a run for it and doesn't stop before he reaches the nearby city.
He stops by a garage and starts vomiting before a horrible realization hits: "That was a freaking zombie!"
As the adrenaline starts to lower, he starts hearing screams. He see people running in the streets, blood is everywhere and he see a group of people tear someone apart in a manner which made regular butchering of livestock seem like work for sissies.
He ran into the garage and found several firearms with ammunition. It turns out to be more of a workshop.
He picked a shotgun, as it is the only firearm he knows how to operate properly.
He grabbed a hammer and a knife which turned out to be a bayonet.
Before he goes out again he also noticed a pair of sleeves on a desk, he grabs them and discovers them to be light Kevlar sleeves. He figured that if this was like in the movies then he would need them.

He escapes the city and sets out aimlessly as he notices more and more of the monsters.
Each passing day appears to have more and more of the undead and he have many encounters which he wished he didn't have. He saw a woman try to drive out demons from a zombie, only to have her nose bitten off and then the rest of her face as the zombie held her mercilessly.
While her screams haunted Daniel's dreams. After a while, he started to run out of food, most of the houses in the area had been burned or sacked and abandoned. After being assaulted by a jumping zombie, he decided to set of to the next city in order to find more resources and hopefully survivors.
He had no other choice, ill prepared as he had been. His hope is to be able to establish contact with his friends and family back in Norway and get to know if they are alive at all.
But to survive further, he needs to find a permanent group. And for once a group lead by someone who knows how things should be done.
No more did he want to lose people due to the incompetence and carelessness of leaders.
Being the lone survivor started to become much harder when the season turned colder.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:56:57 pm by BrainBlow » Logged

[c
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2010, 12:43:38 pm »

Ah!
I just noticed that one of the deceased was also named Daniel Shocked(though Scott and not Johansen).
Sorry. Hope it won't affect anything.  Undecided

[c
Xanatos
ARC Support Staff

Forever

xanatos_forever@hotmail.com XanatosForever
View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2010, 02:19:19 pm »

You can go back and edit your post.
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »

You can go back and edit your post.
Yeah, but do I HAVE to edit the name?
That is all I'm wondering.
I added the nicknames "John" and "Johan" just recently though.

[c
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2010, 03:03:42 pm »

To be honest, I don't think you have to. Dan is a common name, so it wouldn't be surprising that there's another person with the same name.

That's my two cents. You'll just have to wait to see what Sarge has to say about it, though.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »

To be honest, I don't think you have to. Dan is a common name, so it wouldn't be surprising that there's another person with the same name.

That's my two cents. You'll just have to wait to see what Sarge has to say about it, though.
Well, yes, Dan(Daniel) is a common name. Even in Norway.
I have (almost unwillingly) been developing Dan in my head whenever I'm bored and thought out more of his story and minor things to add.
So yeah, I hope I will be accepted. Though I won't expect it.

[c
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »

The thread didn't die off. Speaking for Sarge and the rest of the TZH forum, please don't post in the IC thread, post every OOC in the OOC thread.

Right now, it's still going on, but we haven't heard anything from our GM. Just wait a couple of days and he'll come round.

Laughing Man
ARC Support Staff

voxveritas@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2010, 01:45:18 am »

Yup, a little patience is required here. Trust me, though, this group is worth the wait.

Now hollow fires burn out to black, and lights are guttering low.
Square your shoulders, lift your pack, and leave your friends and go.
Oh, never fear, man, naught's to dread, look not to left nor right:
In all the endless road you tread, there's nothing but the night.
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2010, 04:12:19 am »

Yes, yes, it is just that its been a while since anyone posted there.
And I have noticed before that if a thread go without a new post for too long then it risks never reviving.
Even if my character doesn't get accepted, I still love to read the story, it is very exiting  Grin
Btw, is there anywhere that it is possible to see the previous roleplays? It seems like I have missed out on a lot of stuff.

[c
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2010, 05:01:29 pm »

Unfortunately, no. The original TLB was deleted like the rest of the forum when we crashed a while back. S'shame, too; it was a fun one to play.

LM, I know that it's my turn, I'll be posting something shortly/later on tonight for you. C:

BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2010, 05:18:08 pm »

Ah, dammit!  Undecided
Just a quick question though: What was the cause of Tristia's injury(physical)?
Just sounded way too fucked up for me to not know what happened.

[c
SharpArcher01
Half-Life

RP Mercenary

the1danarcher
View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2010, 11:47:13 pm »

Ah, dammit!  Undecided
Just a quick question though: What was the cause of Tristia's injury(physical)?
Just sounded way too fucked up for me to not know what happened.

To speak on behalf of Scarred_Survivor, her father became a berzerker/hunter zed and reaaalllly messed her up, until Ignot found them and killed her dad.

So, yeah. It's about as bad as you would expect, but I think that the more her injuries are left to the imagination, the better it is.

Keeper of the ಠ_ಠ
Laughing Man
ARC Support Staff

voxveritas@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2010, 01:19:38 am »

LM, I know that it's my turn, I'll be posting something shortly/later on tonight for you. C:

Thanks, although I don't think there's any rush. Wink

Now hollow fires burn out to black, and lights are guttering low.
Square your shoulders, lift your pack, and leave your friends and go.
Oh, never fear, man, naught's to dread, look not to left nor right:
In all the endless road you tread, there's nothing but the night.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: