The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 02, 2014, 05:45:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moments that let you down or anything similar.  (Read 13431 times)
Alucard_101
Half-Life

alucard101@live.ca
View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 23, 2009, 02:47:14 am »

Was just at a loading screen for about an hour for the MAG beta, I see it at 99% and think "HOLY CRAP, YEAH I'MMA PLAY ME SOME MAG" and then I see it load and go to the "Installing data" load bar...

PS: Halo 2 ending doesn't count

EDIT: Beta's not available until January fourth...
x2
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:50:18 am by Alucard_101 » Logged

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 03:19:00 am »

The MAG Beta ended. Unless they're gonna have a public beta.

OK, I got something that really let me down.
I'm playing the Blacksite Area 51 demo, and enjoying it so far, a giant alien thingy comes down and slams into a building, everything goes slow motion as it creates a shockwave sending cars flying, thinking it would be funny I walk into the path of an on-coming car, it passes right through me, and I think "Oh well, it's just a demo, I'm sure it'll kill me in the actual game", I pre-order the game, pick it up, play it, and get to that level, the car STILL passes through me, I later learn that the higher-ups at the company that makes the game told the developers that they had to release it regardless of whether or not all the bugs had been fixed, and they sure as hell hadn't all been fixed.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 04:07:16 am »

The L4D2 SDK got delayed by quite a bit. I wasn't going to use it, but I sure as hell wanted to play some good mods.
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:55:02 am »

MGO requires a huge amount of teamplay in order to be successful in Team Sneaking. However when my character shouts "WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER" and I quote "3 Man to Gako, and 3 man to Kerotan" how do they respond?.... "Umm Sorry but No." and what happens? half of the team get pick off one by one. Leaving me and two fellow players to run around hunting a fully arm team of Tranq guns and knives.

He love you long time

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: *big sigh*

Iron Man: *big sigh*

Achilles
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:14:23 pm »

Assassin's Creed 2, when I realized that they'd made the game so bloody long that even with all the cool stuff they'd added, it STILL got repetative and boring.
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:34:25 pm »

So I was all pumped up for the L4D2 demo sometime ago. I preloaded it triumphantly, happy that, while I was unsure when I'd be able to buy the full game, I'd be able to play the demo on my computer that I was nearly certain could handle it. I didn't receive any messages saying there were any system requirement issues, so all was well. I st--

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 03:41:52 pm »

MGO requires a huge amount of teamplay in order to be successful in Team Sneaking. However when my character shouts "WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER" and I quote "3 Man to Gako, and 3 man to Kerotan" how do they respond?.... "Umm Sorry but No." and what happens? half of the team get pick off one by one. Leaving me and two fellow players to run around hunting a fully arm team of Tranq guns and knives.

He love you long time

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: *big sigh*

Iron Man: *big sigh*

Yeah, MGO is hard to communicate with, and since nobody uses mics on PS3, that makes it harder, I stopped playing it since its full of people who are 100 times better than me.

And Iron Man is a game based off a movie. What did you expect? XD

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »

Yeah, MGO is hard to communicate with, and since nobody uses mics on PS3, that makes it harder, I stopped playing it since its full of people who are 100 times better than me.

And Iron Man is a game based off a movie. What did you expect? XD

Even with Mic's I don't think that is an actual norm of MGO... we are more use to the preset voice command, and the text.
I know everyone can hold on their own I just don't like the fact that everyone gets trigger happy and go out alone to only get smack right in the face with an Mk.22 bullet.
its like

"HOLD IT!" and the guy still runs down the hangar of Gronzy Grad, and PING.... knocks out.

as for Iron Man... I was Hoping for the best.... *sigh*
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 09:05:54 pm »

The censored version of Left 4 Dead 2. It's pathetic. Michael Atkinson needs to die for not letting us have an R18+ rating for games.

Also, AVP2 got refused classification- that annoyed me tremendously, but luckily the appeal that ea put through was successful and now it's unbanned.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 09:07:41 pm »

So you live in Australia?

Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 07:13:42 am »

Or Germany?

And the end of Portal, I didn't want it to end ;___;
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 08:15:38 am »

Yeah I live in Queensland. At least here it's not illegal to own Refused Classification Material, so yeah. It is in other states, though  Lips Sealed

Also the ending to Half Life 2: Episode 2 annoyed me, since HL is my favourite game ever and they put in a cliffhanger, and we all know how long Valve takes.
I won't expect to see Episode 3 till about 2011.. He love you long time

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 08:26:02 am »

Thank God I live in America where we don't have to deal with all that ratings garbage. At least, games above a certain rating being banned. The only problem we have is Hilary Clinton, who, at one time, was pushing for M (17+) games to have an 18 age restriction to buy them.

What is it, tobacco? No, it's just a game. Jesus, lady, shut up.

I think my Moment of Epic Disappointment was when I realized my computer couldn't handle Team Fortress 2.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 11:41:47 am »

Shogun Total War (Mongol Invasion) The first battle to determine the fate of Japan, where I manage to muster an army of thousands, most of them conscript
Peasant spearmens, and my pathetic batch of crossbow infantry men.... the Mongols are armed with superior cavalry and are morale driven to conquer Japan.

In less then 3 mins into the battle... my Peasants are fleeing the battle scene, and like a virus, spreads among the troops...
my advisor quotes.

"My Lord... Your General bring great shame to you by running in the face of the enemy."

>:[ SEPPPUKU HIS ASS!!!
Grammer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Kehehehehehe!

vile-grimoire@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 06:07:41 pm »

You know in Hellgate London they have this AWESOME opening cinematic, right? In it, there's a female ranger duking it out with a huge demon. Later in the game, you get a quest to take down that demon. I was expecting the same thing they showed in the opening movie. What did I get? One of the standard skin demons with a fancy name. Fuck you Hellgate. You should have been awesome!

Cute: Anything that will bring a horrible death upon unwanted visitors.

You know when they warn you about some crazy showing up here? That's me they're talking about. Tea?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: