The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 12:18:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 830768 times)
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9225 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:16 am »

Really, everybody else? Dude, you are by far not the only person in that position. Not by a long shot. I don't know if that'll help at all, but your work problem is a big one for plenty of folks, lots of them way older than 19.

Me being a prime example...

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9226 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:34 am »

Thanks, Milly, I'll keep that all in mind. It's hard some days, I've been drifting in and out of little depressed spells lately. Finding a job is difficult with the economy, I'm almost 19 and I'm stuck at home while everybody else is making something of themselves.
In the US, some of the census numbers I've got- and they're probably out of date by now- give an unemployment rate of 29.7% for 16-19 year olds, with only 26.2% employed (the rest being students or otherwise not part of the labor pool). For 20-24, it's hardly much better... 59.8% employed, 16.9% unemployed, the remainder not counting as part of the labor pool. For 25-44, things are somewhat better, with 73.7% employed and 10.0% unemployed.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf - this report is more up to date, but doesn't really split things by age group other than 'teenagers 16-19' and 'everyone else', but it also gives a 25.4% unemployment for that group.

Bottom line, you're not alone there, man. You'll get something eventually- just keep trying. I can't recall if you're in the US or if you're one of our folks from other countries, but... yeah. If all else fails, you might consider the military- the education benefits have certainly done me a great deal of good over the years. Depending on your nature you may prefer the Air Force, as a more technical and less personally combat-heavy branch. Figure it this way- you can take control of things that are within your reach, and *make* a better future. Start a small business selling things that you can make, whether it's furniture, fishing lures, or websites, maybe. Enlist, serve the country for a while, and grow jaded and bitter as we all do Wink

PP: The economy crushing everyone. But hey... Conquer the future!
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9227 on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:40 pm »

Just don't wind up like me and do short term contracts in a call centre, mate. That there, that is brutal. You work with good people but the customers aren't even on this planet most of the time. No matter how bad it gets remember that things will even out. Just don't let the bastards grind you down.

Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #9228 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:55 pm »

Thanks, Milly, I'll keep that all in mind. It's hard some days, I've been drifting in and out of little depressed spells lately. Finding a job is difficult with the economy, I'm almost 19 and I'm stuck at home while everybody else is making something of themselves.

If it makes you feel better, most of us in college don't have any sort of clue what we're going to do with our lives.  Of the people I hang out with here at school, only one does, and that's because he enlisted in the Marine Corps four months ago and is shipping off for basic in September. I know a guy who graduates in a year and still has no idea. They (and by 'they' I mean myself included) come home and talk like they're big shot students with a firm foundation to make their friends and family back home feel better.

There's no shame in being at home while everyone else leaves and whatnot. I did it for a semester and wish I had done it for more. In fact I bet there are a lot of people who left for college who wish they hadn't done it right after high school. Now that I'm here, I understand why a few people said "Don't do it right out of school," and it pisses me off when I hear parents and teachers say that kids should just jump into that.

You're in a fine position right now, although that may seem hard to believe.

Also, finding a girlfriend? Pfft, please. S.I.N.G.L.E=Stay Intoxicated Nightly, Get Laid Everyday  Yes, I am a smug bastard...

PP: Professor killed me off in our simulation. That rat bastard...

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9229 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:35 pm »

Hehe, thanks guys, that all helps quite a bit. :3
I know I'm not alone out there, all my friends seem to be having good luck, but not me. D:

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: February 24, 2012, 04:35:20 pm »

Pp: properly moved out and back to folks.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9231 on: February 24, 2012, 08:11:32 pm »

Cricco: I salute your Stoicism in the face of such adversity. Seriously, stay cool and things *will* work out for you. As to the how and the when I honestly don't know, what I do know is that when things go bad they do, eventually, get better. "When you're going through Hell, keep walking," is the only advice I can offer as I know it works due to personal experience.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9232 on: February 24, 2012, 09:08:27 pm »

PP:  Spent all night completely remounting the drives I mounted last night because Vidzilla (my comedically oversized video card) wouldn't leave room for the power cables.  And speaking of power cables I was so proud of myself when I got all four drives on one power cable.  After the drive shuffle to make room for Vidzilla I have one drive on its own cable, so much for modular cables saving space.

UBER PP:  The build is done but I can't connect my old monitor to Vidzilla.  *facepalm*

I'll be getting a new monitor tomorrow it appears...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9233 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:14 pm »

Cricco: I salute your Stoicism in the face of such adversity. Seriously, stay cool and things *will* work out for you. As to the how and the when I honestly don't know, what I do know is that when things go bad they do, eventually, get better. "When you're going through Hell, keep walking," is the only advice I can offer as I know it works due to personal experience.

Isnt Keeping Calm and Carrying On the kind of british happado anyway?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #9234 on: February 25, 2012, 02:45:51 am »

PP: Got pulled over tonight. Cop accused me of driving under the influence of marijuana, depressants, and amphetamines. Called me a liar when I told him I've never done any of those. Didn believe me when I said my eyes were bloodshot because I'd had my contacts in since eleven this morning and that my eyes are red a lot. Almost arrested me for DUI.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9235 on: February 25, 2012, 04:28:14 am »

PP: Out of all the things 360 can do, it can't get music playback right.
EDIT: PP: I spend an hour converting a ton of my music to MP3, because it can't play MPEG-4 music, only to find out it STILL won't play my music. Why does music playback have to be so fucking difficult??

EDIT: PP: Download awesome looking HL1 mod, realize I actually have to have HL1 to run it. I figured it'd be the same dealio as HL2 mods where you don't even need the game to run them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:15:23 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: February 25, 2012, 07:57:26 am »

I reply to all comments to my situation in ap thread.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9237 on: February 25, 2012, 08:38:18 am »

AP: Cricco is back, and this time it's personal!

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:56 am »

(psst, wrong thread opus.)

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9239 on: February 25, 2012, 10:15:59 am »

(What? I'm supposed to be peeved at you getting better? I know I have a bad rep but seriously!)

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: