The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 26, 2014, 01:45:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 825062 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9705 on: June 29, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »

PP: This stupid blackberry my work gave me.

PP:  How user unfriendly Steam Guard is in general and how awful Steam on mobile devices is.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9706 on: June 29, 2012, 07:23:46 pm »

That's a tough spot to be in Synaster. Sad

I know a lot of people feel obligated to give family more leeway than they would give others, but to me it really doesn't count for much. I care way more about the quality of a person, and if I felt like they were being half-hearted, personally I'd either ignore them or tell them I'm not interested in being friendly again. Because really, if they can't accept that, then they're probably not worth talking to anyways.

I don't mean that to sound disuasive, I just hope he's sincere, and that you don't feel obligated to give him another chance if that's not what you want. *hugs*
Thanks, AM. :3  *hugs back*

This may sound bitchy, but I don't want to give him another chance. I also don't want to come across as a complete snob, so, in my response, I thanked him and said that I was sorry to hear about his wife's brother (who recently passed away)- nothing that could really be question-provoking. It's not just his lack of attention that bothered me; there's something else too, but I'd rather not say.
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9707 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:44 pm »

As I advised my beloved in dealing with her sister (long and unpleasant story but let's put it this way: when the last surviving parent dies things hit the fan despite the children both being adults), "Treat (her sister) as a business relationship- be polite, be civil, but never let it become personal again." Personally I see genetic relationship as no excuse for bad behaviour. Probably why I evade nearly all my relatives like they were Deadites. Sad but true.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9708 on: June 30, 2012, 01:39:29 pm »

That is good advice. Thank you. ^_^
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9709 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:54 pm »

For the longest time, my family was something that could be barely called that. My mother was a sloppy drunk, constantly making absolutely awful decisions and hurting all of us (Emotionally, with the way she was living her life, rather than physically, thankfully), my dad absolutely soul-crushingly depressed, and was almost constantly high in an attempt to reach some level of emotional consistency, my sister was sixteen and was just... Gone. Always, any time she got the chance, she wasn't there. My brother was completely lost to the internet, Everquest was his drug, he didn't even really speak to me until I was 17. And I was, well, I was a little boy. As I got grew through that, I just kind of got over them. I pretty much just regarded them as mild acquaintances I didn't really care for.

But, then we all got older. My mom realized she had a problem and fought like the devil to get over it. My dad realized he couldn't be happy with my mother, and after we got old and moved out, left her, and is happier for it. My sister feels a truly saddening amount of guilt for how she acted when we were young, and has broken down in tears and sobbed on my shoulder, begging for my forgiveness more times than I can count, and I genuinely cared enough to console her. My brother snapped out of his haze, and truly became a brother, and now he's absolutely one of my favorite people on the planet. I'm not saying that this is true for everyone (It's DEFINITELY not, there are some people you should just cut out of your life and keep it that way), but some people do realize the horrible way they've been acting, and they can snap out of it. I don't know. I guess that's just my story, you guys made me truly ponder it, and I thought it might be relevant. Maybe it's not.

Anyway.

PP: When people try to oversell you something. I walked into Safeway today, and a dude at a counter near the entrance asked if I had upgraded my safeway card. I had not, and I asked him how much it cost. He said "Nothing! It's absolutely free!" and I said "Oh, awesome, I'll definitely do that!" and started to walk away, then stopped because he continued to explain to me why I should do this thing that I'd already told him that I would do for like ten minutes. I just want pizza, bro. Let me go get my pizza.

At least, that's what I think.
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9710 on: June 30, 2012, 03:12:01 pm »

PP: Okay. This is frivolous but I am peeved.

In Anarchy Online my Engineer's principle weapon is his Robot Pet. Target a monster and tell the bot to run in there and hit it while he hangs back and jumps in towards the end. Problem is my current pet (Perfected Guardianbot) is, well, a bit crap for a Level 113 Engineer. As he's of the Neutral Faction he has no access to Superior Shops, only Basic and Advanced.
So I logged in my alt account and tried to find the Superior Shop on my Omni-Tek Aligned Fixer. Now Omni are The Company and their cities are big, Gothic distopian nightmares oozing atmosphere and damned near impossible to find your way about in. I gave up trying to find the Superior Shop.
So I rolled a brand new character: a Martial Artist and made her (fancied making a female character for once) Clan Faction. Took maybe 3 and a half hours of grinding to get her strong enough to leave the Space Port (aka "Noob Island") and hit a few missions before rolling into the Clan City of Old Athen and finding the Clan Superior Store there. Then duel logged my Engie to see what was what. And after faffing about trading credits between two characters on two accounts I find...
I've already got the best store buy-able bot.
All I can hope for now is to roll random missions until I score Semi-Sentient Guardianbot or somehow buy it off another player.
This could take a few months...

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9711 on: June 30, 2012, 03:30:06 pm »

I think I need to try AO again.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9712 on: June 30, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

PP: Apparently you can't change your display picture on Steam without crashing it. Good job, Steam.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9713 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:45 pm »

Hell, just add Steam in general as a PP and be done with it.  Why do I still use it?  Oh yea, the money I sank into the licensed games I CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT IT. 

Fuck.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9714 on: June 30, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »

*Whistles quietly as steam works perfectly*

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9715 on: June 30, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »

I like steams service, but goddamn is it buggy sometimes.

PP: Steam summer sale soon. No money. :'C

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9716 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »

I'm not saying that this is true for everyone (It's DEFINITELY not, there are some people you should just cut out of your life and keep it that way), but some people do realize the horrible way they've been acting, and they can snap out of it. I don't know.
That's very true. I went on a rant just because for around decade from when I was an infant until I was ~12 I rarely ever saw or spoke to my dad. He's become a much better person though in comparison to all the stories I had heard about him. I gave him a chance, mostly because since I was so young before, he hadn't really had a chance from me, where as others were much more hesitant.

It seems to be kind of common for people to have at least one bad parent, and I repeatedly see similar stories happen to others I've known, and most of the time don't end very well. Very rarely does it seem that people actually change for the better.

PP: Nothing to do for several more hours.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9717 on: June 30, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »

Ah yes, I've cut a few people out of my life. It sucks, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9718 on: June 30, 2012, 06:22:49 pm »

I think I need to try AO again.

Do it. Dooo it. Recommend Opifex Ranged Adventurer, Opifex Martial Artist, or Atrox Enforcer as easiest to play to start out with. Especially the Advy. Damned things are over powered in a good way and as they can tank and heal you can solo or find a team easily. Listening to www.gridstream.org (the in game radio channel) is also a good option.

PP: In Anarchy Online: Flying, and I do mean flying using my jet pack, to yet another mission with a hair's breadth away from a half-full XP bar and a momentary lapse of concentration as I tried to find the mission entrance meant I got jumped by half a dozen Manteeze and got killed. My Engineer will be on Level 117 for a lot longer thanks to that as all those thousands of XP points go into the Lost XP Pool. I could weep.

PP2: Milady and I will be here at my parents in mid July to attend a family wedding. Turns out so will a host of other people. Many of them staying here. It's going to be like playing Tetris to fit all the bodies in. I kid you not, it's so bad my mother has officially banned people from sleeping in the bath. And she is not joking.

SharpArcher01
Half-Life

RP Mercenary

the1danarcher
View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: June 30, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »

PP: I only get 2 nights a week where I can stay up late and chat with friends. (Early morning job, plus friends in different time zones.) And when I get one of these nights, no one is online.

Undecided

Keeper of the ಠ_ಠ
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: