The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 10:33:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 831658 times)
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9735 on: July 03, 2012, 04:12:48 pm »

PP: Job hunting. Fuck everything.

Fo shizzle.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9736 on: July 03, 2012, 04:43:47 pm »

PP: Set the sun to 26 degrees and I'll be sweating like a pig on the burner before I'm outside for five minutes. Sweating off pounds like this.

26 degrees!? *Freezes to death*

Yes, I know.

At least, that's what I think.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9737 on: July 03, 2012, 04:58:52 pm »

PP: Just found out that the veto on fracking in NC was overturned. Yay, pollution. Also, the areas they want to frack are right under our most densely populated areas, including where Jenny and I live.

The stupid, it burns. As will our water, eventually.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9738 on: July 03, 2012, 05:14:19 pm »

Fracking is the answer, much better and cleaner than nasty dirty nukes.

I seriously can't wait to see what the country has planned for when 30% of the generating power goes under.  Nuke plants have a finite lifespan and it isn't remotely cost effective to build new ones.  So... I guess we cross our fingers and keep on fracking.  Oh, and the windmills, because those are working out awesome for us.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9739 on: July 03, 2012, 07:11:21 pm »

1800's = coal, 1900's = oil, 2000's = natural gas, 2100 = Huh??

we might accelerate the switching of fuels from the 100 year turn, but I'd bet the trend.  Each is cleaner and more efficient than the previous.  Personally I'm a fan of nuclear because of footprint/output.  Hydroelectric is damn good (hey a pun), but tough to pull off.  Wind is booming in the North East US, but it seems that maintenance costs kill it after a few years.

PP:  Short Sightedness (not directed at anyone here)

Mike
Five of Clubs
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9740 on: July 03, 2012, 07:38:58 pm »

By 2100 we'll be using ghosts as a form of fuel.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9741 on: July 03, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

Fracking? Sorry, you'll have to explain that to me, as all fracking is to me is a Battlestar Galactica expletive.

PP: Burnt my wrist while working on the cauldrons I'm making. I keep scraping the burn on stuff by accident and it is getting pretty sore. Oh, and it looks like I tried cutting myself.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9742 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:34 pm »

In a nutshell fracking is pumping the earth full of chemicals to break up lime/limestone deposits to make natural gas mining easier.  I'm sure you can google it for a more in depth description.  The part in my post about it being clean was sarcasm.  Also wind power = awesome was more sarcasm.  Even with the government subsidizing the crap out of it (with our tax dollars yay) it remains the most expensive way to create power AND it has the added benefit of not being reliable (because face it, the wind doesn't always blow) so they are what energy market refer to as supplemental sources.  Meaning you still need a dirt burner or nuke for your primary distribution.  But they give people warm fuzzies because they put the wind farms right on the side of the road and do their best to keep the real power plants out of sight and out of mind.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9743 on: July 03, 2012, 10:32:38 pm »

26 degrees!? *Freezes to death*

Yes, I know.

I know! This pussy ass sweltering heat that makes a dog lick it's balls to cool off is bitch weather.

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9744 on: July 04, 2012, 12:43:08 am »

PP: Torrents pretty much dont work for me anymore. Whenever I go to get one it just says its 0 Bytes and doesnt download anything. Bull-fucking-shit.

EDIT: Okay I got bittorrent and that works. SO LONG, UTORRENT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:17:19 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9745 on: July 04, 2012, 06:35:52 am »

The hell of it is, we're STILL using coal. Probably in those same plants from the 1800s. And oil. And it doesn't matter that we have an abundence of easy-to-harvest solar energy dumped on our heads every day, we still have a large industry dedicated to digging shit out of the ground and setting it on fire, so that's what we do. Hell, our industries are so dead SET on finding things to set on fire that we've got corn lobbyists who are like, "you know, we can use that sunlight to GROW THINGS, and then you can set THOSE on fire!"
At least with nukes you can limit the contamination to an area the size of my apartment, if you dump enough concrete on it. Plus, using the plutonium-based reactors would let an individual reactor core last for like a hundred years, IIRC. So we could do that more efficiently.... not that we would ever want to do things efficiently!

The big issue with fracking is that when you break up the layers of rock, you start introducing contaminants into the water supplies. You basically have layers of ground, where your aquifer sits on top of rock which sits on top of the shale that these guys want to harvest. So they drill down, through the aquifer, through the intervening layers of rock and clay, and into the desired layer of rock and natural gas. Then, they inject a shitload of chemicals and water under pressure, which breaks up all those strata, and then the drilling company can get at the natural gas or whatever.

But now the gas and the like can also escape through those cracks into the local aquifers. As can the (millions of gallons) of contaminated water that the drilling pumped in to do the fracking in the first place. So you get places where everything in the streams dies from the chemicals, and you get explosions in well heads that are *meant* to be pulling up drinking water, but wind up filling with natural gas... and you get lots of people who can set their tap water on fire, in rural areas where people have their own wells.

Also, cancer, hair loss, etc. from the chemicals. All in all, it's got to be one of the dirtiest industries of recent years, in the US. The industry spokesmen like to claim that this will result in cheaper energy for all, but most residents (or at least the vocal ones) in areas with fracking say that they haven't seen their natural gas bills go down at all.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand then I ranted.
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9746 on: July 04, 2012, 09:18:32 am »

Yeah, that does sound pretty crap. Frackin' fracking.

PP: Pretty sure i've got a lungful of paint dust- my dust mask did nothing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:21:07 am by Cheez » Logged

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9747 on: July 04, 2012, 09:56:21 am »

By 2100 we'll be using ghosts as a form of fuel.

I wanna write something omnipotent that makes this more accurate than it is. Cause this is gold.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9748 on: July 04, 2012, 10:03:10 am »

The hell of it is, we're STILL using coal. Probably in those same plants from the 1800s. And oil. And it doesn't matter that we have an abundence of easy-to-harvest solar energy dumped on our heads every day, we still have a large industry dedicated to digging shit out of the ground and setting it on fire, so that's what we do. Hell, our industries are so dead SET on finding things to set on fire that we've got corn lobbyists who are like, "you know, we can use that sunlight to GROW THINGS, and then you can set THOSE on fire!"
At least with nukes you can limit the contamination to an area the size of my apartment, if you dump enough concrete on it. Plus, using the plutonium-based reactors would let an individual reactor core last for like a hundred years, IIRC. So we could do that more efficiently.... not that we would ever want to do things efficiently!

The big issue with fracking is that when you break up the layers of rock, you start introducing contaminants into the water supplies. You basically have layers of ground, where your aquifer sits on top of rock which sits on top of the shale that these guys want to harvest. So they drill down, through the aquifer, through the intervening layers of rock and clay, and into the desired layer of rock and natural gas. Then, they inject a shitload of chemicals and water under pressure, which breaks up all those strata, and then the drilling company can get at the natural gas or whatever.

But now the gas and the like can also escape through those cracks into the local aquifers. As can the (millions of gallons) of contaminated water that the drilling pumped in to do the fracking in the first place. So you get places where everything in the streams dies from the chemicals, and you get explosions in well heads that are *meant* to be pulling up drinking water, but wind up filling with natural gas... and you get lots of people who can set their tap water on fire, in rural areas where people have their own wells.

Also, cancer, hair loss, etc. from the chemicals. All in all, it's got to be one of the dirtiest industries of recent years, in the US. The industry spokesmen like to claim that this will result in cheaper energy for all, but most residents (or at least the vocal ones) in areas with fracking say that they haven't seen their natural gas bills go down at all.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand then I ranted.
And once again I feel obligated to point out that coal plants release radiation to the public EVERY DAY THEY OPERATE because coal itself has radioactive isotopes in it AND the government does NOT regulate radioactive release from dirt burners, just nukes.  And I'm no insinuating that nukes should have free reign to release radiation, I'm just pointing out the ridiculous disparity and hypocrisy at work.  Coal, not just dirty and polluting, but radioactive to.  Clean coal is the new lead to gold alchemist pipe dream and I shudder to think of how much of our money is to be wasted on that boondoggle.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9749 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

PP:"Solar power, you say? Safe, fairly unlimited power? Why, that sounds nice, but this gentleman is giving me a fourth house? Will the sun give me TWO houses to his one? No? Okay then I BANG MY GAVEL."

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: